PDA

View Full Version : vectoral server

f@flot
07-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Well i haven'y yet made up my mind what box should i buy.
http://www.vectoral.info/servers.htm

i thought about the
SpringAthlon
(FREE WINDOWS 2003!)

what do you say guys?it should be good.:)
since it's win 2003 it's great for me.

RedRansom
07-31-2008, 05:09 PM
f@flot (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/fflot-142742) i hope you can find a server for you ...
about vectorals Bandwidth limit same like leaseweb :rolleyes:
if you ask me rent a kimsufi it's cheap and nice ;)
if you need reseller seedhost.eu or wait september :whistling:

OmaRin0
07-31-2008, 05:23 PM
This seedbox is 90$ and has only 3TB bandwidth,
I advice u to buy an OVH through a reseller for 70$, and u get one of the best servers with unlimited bandwidth...

hitman51
07-31-2008, 05:36 PM
ya stick with OVH...

jukesta
07-31-2008, 05:36 PM
vectoral is a bit pricey

haydeno
07-31-2008, 08:15 PM
i would wait for OVH till september that will get you almost 2 months which you could transfer 20+ TB

f@flot
08-01-2008, 04:11 AM
i'm not talking about the money and the 3 TB limit.i'm talking about the speeds and the fact that it's win 2003 for free.will i can run stuff on it just like on windows?like utorrent.is it thru remote?

Channer
08-01-2008, 04:12 PM
i'm not talking about the money and the 3 TB limit.i'm talking about the speeds and the fact that it's win 2003 for free.will i can run stuff on it just like on windows?like utorrent.is it thru remote?

Yes indeed you would connect right through remote desktop and you would be able to run everything on that computer right through your computer. If you are really looking to use windows that much I would say go for it. However, if you are looking at bandwidth, speed, hard drive space and whatever else it would probably be better to browse around at other places and see what is available. Learning how to do stuff with linux really isn't that hard. I had a friend of mine setup another box for me (from vectoral actually,) and had him use the guide that was on the forums here. Never used linux before and he had no trouble at all!

f@flot
08-02-2008, 05:54 PM

Yes indeed you would connect right through remote desktop and you would be able to run everything on that computer right through your computer. If you are really looking to use windows that much I would say go for it. However, if you are looking at bandwidth, speed, hard drive space and whatever else it would probably be better to browse around at other places and see what is available. Learning how to do stuff with linux really isn't that hard. I had a friend of mine setup another box for me (from vectoral actually,) and had him use the guide that was on the forums here. Never used linux before and he had no trouble at all!

Thanks Channer, for your reply.:)
well, i had a box once and i used it with rTorrent.But i don't have the time and pationt to start installing the box and so on...
from the speed aspect, i will get the same speed as at linux so it wouldn't matter to me.

Well, thanks again for your reply and I wish u a nice stay here at FST.:cool:

clos
08-02-2008, 08:06 PM
vectoral has very good support and great speeds, if you've got the money you won't be dissappointed

FallDX
08-03-2008, 07:24 AM
so how will he use OVH ... if they disable all boxs who use P2P Illegal ??!!

Artemis
08-03-2008, 08:11 AM
The OVH disabling of P2P users is only served if they get notification of a server within the IP range of their datacenters. It's roughly similar to the C&D letters to your ISP, except it is a violation notice about a server on a certain IP. So the real question is, how safe are your torrenting habits? if the MPAA /RIAA etc can access the swarm and get your IP details they then make a complaint to OVH, OVH has said if they get such notices they will disable the server, but there are ways to prevent this, and the better private trackers are already starting to use HTTPS for both browse and p2p transactions, which means the data is encrypted.
This notice does not mean the end of OVH it means that if OVH receives a specific complaint about a server in its farm, it will disable the a/c.
Back on topic Vectoral are evilly fast but you have to remember your ftp transfers are also classed as part of the data cap so you have to be careful but 3TB would buffer your a/c's quite nicely........

FallDX
08-03-2008, 01:02 PM
thank you Art :) so you can use OVH only on high secure private trackers to not get catch'd .. Okay , when they come to my country next month i'll rent one .

stroj
08-04-2008, 03:01 AM
I'am using vectoral, windows, spring athlon.

You get better speeds and better connectivity as OVH. I also believe support and overall quality is better. I hardly even reach 3TB, so this aspect doesnt bother me much.

So if you are willing to spend extra bucks for quality, Vectoral is a good choice!