PDA

View Full Version : My view on Traders

1080p
07-31-2008, 04:50 PM
It seems that a lot of the animosity on the board seems to stem on the issue of traders, I thought that I would throw my two cents in, and before anyone shoots me down, I did use the search function:lol:

For me, as a person who doesn't trade, I think trading goes against my morals. And for those of you who think the statement above is a bit too serious for filesharingtalk.com forums then I plead with you to read on.

I am going to start off by addressing the why question. Why do people trade? For me its easy, people trade for one of two reasons

A. Its the only way to obtain trackers they are legitimately interested in
B. Its the only way to discover and obtain higher level trackers that are 1337

A lot of people regard statement B as a e-penis showing. Its hard to imagine somebody actually logging on everyday, browse the forums, and just say to themselves......I'm the shit. And if you do that, go kill yourself. Anyway, I believe that everyone has an urge to see whats higher. You cant escape it because its human nature. Curiosity is the motive behind most traders. Nobody can sit here and tell me they don't want to browse UK-T, just to see what the site is like. That addresses B.

As for statement A, I actually somewhat feel sympathetic towards them. They actually want to use a tracker, feel they can contribute, but the only way to obtain them, for them, is by trading. This is a question answered by the following "stay active on the forums, make friends, contribute to the community". I ask, what if the only thing you are able to contribute is a demonoid code, or an IP Torrents invite. Its a tough position to be put in since trading is such a lure rather then waiting for 6-8 months and gaining a reputation. Its easy for people who are established to make futile comments about contribution when the only thing you can contribute is a lousy demonoid invite. Now others will say that making good threads and thorough posts will give you just as good as a reputation but again lets delve deeper. More than half the threads or posts here have to do with reputable tracker like FTN or SCT, and the others have to do with general bittorrent knowledge. How can you make an intellectual post when you have been using demonoid and/or a public tracker. You don't since you have absolutley no idea how other trackers work, ie. you have to have a decent ratio etc. So to say that all traders are evil, rule breakers, or the devils number is extremely unesscarry.

I also have a scenario to present. Lets say I start a tracker called TrackerA. Now while I make the rules for TrackerA, I decide to shake it up. My tracker actually allows trading. Now how many people will join my tracker? Exactly. Nobody. How is this relevant? Because even traders wouldn't join. That's funny, because we just found a middleground. Everyone wants the security of their account and personal ip to be in safe hands. Thats the middleground of filesharing, nobody wants to get fuck*d. Now if we could actually capitalize on the concept that nobody wants to be screwed and present that as I clear concept, I think we are well on are way to creating or improving trackers with better security, a more reliable userbase, and, best of all, seeing the amount of newbie traders decrease. Why do I say newbie traders? Becuase I really think that past traders are irrelevant at this point, they are beyond fixable for that matter. Why? Trading is like sex (for guys:naughty:), you keep wanting it, and once you do it, there is no going back. Even some of you people who claim they are retired or learned better or changed your ways, you cannot be trusted. Deal with it.

This is my incomplete post about Trading, I will followup with another one that addresses non-traders, staff, and tracker views later.

For now, I have a poker-stars tourney to attend to;)

integral
07-31-2008, 04:56 PM
They actually want to use a tracker, feel they can contribute, but the only way to obtain them, for them, is by trading.

Until they trade that "dream" tracker for their next target.

I'm somewhat on the same level of thinking as you; I won't sit here and bash traders and call them derogatory names, and name them the filth of the tracker scene. Perhaps some of them are, but not all, and it's useless to spew hate. They just choose to use trackers as a commodity and currency, and it's their choice; they won't receive any support from me.

Mr.sharer
07-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Trading will end when traders find out no matter what level of tracker they poses , they are not going to find content which isnt available on thepiratebay .

doesnt it really suck , i mean the time you traders have wasted trading and staring at you high level possesion only to find out . shit is that it ?

i found nothing special , i havent achieved anything . i been following some shit level list on an internet forum wasting my time ignoring my real life priorities only to realise in the end , i have wasted my precious time on the internet which i could have used to do something productive like learn a programing language or something .

just ask the ex traders aka retired traders. i am sure they will agree ;)

hitman51
07-31-2008, 05:05 PM
you seriously expect me to read that...its too long...can someone give me sparknotes on this...

okay fine i read it finally....

1080p can u pm me i want to talk to ya about something u might be able to help me on

thanks a lot

-hitman51

respawn40
07-31-2008, 05:09 PM
you seriously expect me to read that...its too long...can someone give me sparknotes on this...

That's what you call "long" >.>? It only took me about 2 minutes to read =/

1080p
07-31-2008, 05:10 PM

okay fine i read it finally....

1080p can u pm me i want to talk to ya about something u might be able to help me on

thanks a lot

-hitman51
I dont think they let n00bs pm

hitman51
07-31-2008, 05:10 PM

That's what you call "long" >.>? It only took me about 2 minutes to read =/

sorry im not too fast at reading lol ...but in the read i read it :D

F.B.I
07-31-2008, 05:25 PM
I ask, what if the only thing you are able to contribute is a demonoid code, or an IP Torrents invite.

Why do you have to contribute with BT Related stuff, like invites, accs? You can always contribute with your opinions, and not only in the Bittorrent Section, yes because a forum has more that. And the intelligent guys when giveaway an invite check the post history and then they will see that you are here to help. So got to disagree there.

I also have a scenario to present. Lets say I start a tracker called TrackerA. Now while I make the rules for TrackerA, I decide to shake it up. My tracker actually allows trading. Now how many people will join my tracker? Exactly. Nobody. How is this relevant? Because even traders wouldn't join.

Definitely ironic.

Trading is like sex (for guys:naughty:), you keep wanting it, and once you do it, there is no going back.

A stupid metaphor but yes you are right, honestly.

This is my incomplete post about Trading, I will followup with another one that addresses non-traders, staff, and tracker views later.

I'm just waiting for it.

1080p
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Why do you have to contribute with BT Related stuff, like invites, accs? You can always contribute with your opinions, and not only in the Bittorrent Section, yes because a forum has more that. And the intelligent guys when giveaway an invite check the post history and then they will see that you are here to help. So got to disagree there.

I mentioned that here

Now others will say that making good threads and thorough posts will give you just as good as a reputation but again lets delve deeper. More than half the threads or posts here have to do with reputable tracker like FTN or SCT, and the others have to do with general bittorrent knowledge. How can you make an intellectual post when you have been using demonoid and/or a public tracker. You don't since you have absolutley no idea how other trackers work, ie. you have to have a decent ratio etc. So to say that all traders are evil, rule breakers, or the devils number is extremely unesscarry.

yevgeny
07-31-2008, 05:30 PM
i generally agree with much that you say 1080p.

i think there would be less noise and less demand (buying, selling and trading of invites.) surrounding these sites if they did one of two things.- opened signups permanently or closed indefinitely.

hitman51
07-31-2008, 05:35 PM
thats kinda annoying...they don't let you pm me?

fine send me an email at [email protected]

temporary email

jukesta
07-31-2008, 05:36 PM
GOod point here, 1080p

Medooooo
07-31-2008, 05:38 PM
i think there would be less noise and less demand (buying, selling and trading of invites.) surrounding these sites if they did one of two things.- opened signups permanently or closed indefinitely.
You cant open signup if you need good users , and also every tracker need a new blood from time to time .

F.B.I
07-31-2008, 05:39 PM
I mentioned that here

Now others will say that making good threads and thorough posts will give you just as good as a reputation but again lets delve deeper. More than half the threads or posts here have to do with reputable tracker like FTN or SCT, and the others have to do with general bittorrent knowledge. How can you make an intellectual post when you have been using demonoid and/or a public tracker. You don't since you have absolutley no idea how other trackers work, ie. you have to have a decent ratio etc. So to say that all traders are evil, rule breakers, or the devils number is extremely unesscarry.

Did you? Well seems that you misunderstood my post.

When I talk about be active in other sections, I mean Software, Movies, games, you know why? Because traders just don't give opinions, they make 15 posts, they wait a month and then they trade. Full stop for them.

So you can proove that you are trusted posting in other sections, no spamm, but serious posts.

and the others have to do with general bittorrent knowledge.

That's because you did the signup here just to post your opinions about Bittorrent. We have more than that here at FST.

dunson
07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
If only I had known that trading was like sex!

hitman51
07-31-2008, 05:46 PM

probably means its addicting

i think you are dumb u don't take stuff literally its just an exaggerated example :unsure:

dunson
07-31-2008, 06:11 PM

probably means its addicting

i think you are dumb u don't take stuff literally its just an exaggerated example :unsure:

I think you're the dumb one for trying to explain it, which shows that you completely missed the sarcasm and of course the subversive implications of my post. Right right?

mrnobody
07-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Trading will end when traders find out no matter what level of tracker they poses , they are not going to find content which isnt available on thepiratebay .

doesnt it really suck , i mean the time you traders have wasted trading and staring at you high level possesion only to find out . shit is that it ?

i found nothing special , i havent achieved anything . i been following some shit level list on an internet forum wasting my time ignoring my real life priorities only to realise in the end , i have wasted my precious time on the internet which i could have used to do something productive like learn a programing language or something .

dedicated trackers have TONS of stuff that has never been on TPB and prolly never will be. Especially dedicated trackers like BitSpyder and ThePlace, where members actually do group buy have unique contents.

likewise there are bunch of scene releases that never made to TPB.

Mr.sharer
07-31-2008, 06:50 PM

that is ridiculous.

dedicated trackers have TONS of stuff that has never been on TPB and prolly never will be. Especially dedicated trackers like BitSpyder and ThePlace, where members actually do group buy have unique contents.

moreover, there are bunch of scene releases that never made upto TPB and prolly never will.

agreed , but most the traders here are after high level 0day trackers like fTn , Fsc etc :ermm:

the one tracker i was looking for was E . to be honest its not due to the levels but the content it has to offer . but apart from that tracker i personaly dont find any high level tracker useful at all or not worth looking for

am happy with TL :happy:

Something Else
07-31-2008, 06:54 PM
This is a question answered by the following "stay active on the forums, make friends, contribute to the community". I ask, what if the only thing you are able to contribute is a demonoid code, or an IP Torrents invite. Its a tough position to be put in since trading is such a lure rather then waiting for 6-8 months and gaining a reputation. Its easy for people who are established to make futile comments about contribution when the only thing you can contribute is a lousy demonoid invite. Now others will say that making good threads and thorough posts will give you just as good as a reputation but again lets delve deeper. More than half the threads or posts here have to do with reputable tracker like FTN or SCT, and the others have to do with general bittorrent knowledge. How can you make an intellectual post when you have been using demonoid and/or a public tracker. You don't since you have absolutley no idea how other trackers work, ie. you have to have a decent ratio etc.

You missed a huge point. The best way to get to the trackers you want is not to post anywhere near this section, the invite section or any other invite related site. Being helpful here is generally a negative to being a good user on a tracker.
Say you are only a member of IPTorrents or Demonoid, if you concentrate on showing what you can do there, on site then people will see that and you will probably be asked to join other places. All these off-site invite sections and BT forums are full of the worst scum on the internet. Stay away from them would be my advice. If you want to post on FST that's great, but the BT sections are so full of shit and anti BT I wouldn't bother. They will most likely harm your chances rather than helping. That's just my opinion.

unesscarry.

:glagpinch:

1080p
07-31-2008, 07:09 PM
I try hanging around the lounge from time to time, but I cant put up with half the tards there

example.

Thread: OMGZ
Contents: WWW.OMGZZZZZ.COM

extremely entertaining

Something Else
07-31-2008, 07:16 PM
I try hanging around the lounge from time to time, but I cant put up with half the tards there

example.

Contents: WWW.OMGZZZZZ.COM (http://WWW.OMGZZZZZ.COM)

extremely entertaining

So you post in the BT section instead. That's just mental. Think it through. :blink:

1080p
07-31-2008, 07:18 PM

example.

Contents: WWW.OMGZZZZZ.COM (http://WWW.OMGZZZZZ.COM)

extremely entertaining

So you post in the BT section instead. That's just mental. Think it through. :blink:
You have a point, i just havent been on the boards for too long, eventually ill find my way to where sane ppl are.

but for now, I have BT in common

Something Else
07-31-2008, 07:25 PM
I think you are neither thick enough, or enough of a cunt to reside in this section. :smilie4:

hitman51
07-31-2008, 08:15 PM
I think you are neither thick enough, or enough of a cunt to reside in this section. :smilie4:

...i dont get it...is that a good thing? :unsure:

Something Else
07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Yup. I was being complimentary.

hitman51
07-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Yup. I was being complimentary.

ah okay...

IdolEyes787
07-31-2008, 08:43 PM
My two cents about trading.
If someone invites you to their house you don't shite on their floor.
I also agree with the point that irresponsible giveaways are not any better.

While I'm at it I'd also like to see the post count requirement raised so that no one with less than 1675 is allowed entrance to the invite section.

Anyone can post in the lounge though.

SgtMajor
07-31-2008, 08:44 PM

Who voted you resident expert, or something? :emo:

hitman51
07-31-2008, 08:53 PM
My two cents about trading.
If someone invites you to their house you don't shite on their floor.
I also agree with the point that irresponsible giveaways are not any better.

While I'm at it I'd also like to see the post count requirement raised so that no one with less than 1675 is allowed entrance to the invite section.

Anyone can post in the lounge though.

the best way simply said...

lukee
07-31-2008, 09:23 PM

i found nothing special , i havent achieved anything . i been following some shit level list on an internet forum wasting my time ignoring my real life priorities only to realise in the end , i have wasted my precious time on the internet which i could have used to do something productive like finding a girlfriend and banging her or something.

Agreed :)

walkman79
07-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Damn 1080p! I totally agree with you :)

Nemrod
07-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Free will.
Everybody knows -or should know- what is right and what is wrong, what is allowed and what is forbidden, what´s healthy for our world and what´s unsafe... so, everyone is free to choose the path he likes the most... and then to deal with the consequences, bad or good.

puckface
07-31-2008, 09:58 PM

youre fucking joking right?

danio
07-31-2008, 10:07 PM
100% agreed 1080p :)

Anhanga
07-31-2008, 10:34 PM
I don't trade!! It is just stupid. I hope traders get their vision open lol ;)

hitman51
07-31-2008, 10:40 PM
damnit 1080p doesnt accept pms...pfft stupid rules :P

puckface
07-31-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't trade!! It is just stupid. I hope traders get their vision open lol ;)

yay!

Funkin'
07-31-2008, 10:57 PM
I agreed with everything you posted 1080p. Especially that these so-called "ex-traders" that have seen "the light" cannot be trusted. You're a very insightful person.

Except for this:

Nobody can sit here and tell me they don't want to browse UK-T, just to see what the site is like.

I don't think it's possible for me to care any less about that site. I'm sure it has nothing going for that I can't find at just about every other site.

1080p
07-31-2008, 11:05 PM
no-one can escape human nature, not even you :/

stoi
07-31-2008, 11:06 PM
I got offered an account there last week, i turned it down.

so yes, some people can say no to lvl 10, because lvl 10 doesnt mean anything.

becomehokage
07-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Its all about greed! We are in a fucking crisis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got offered an account there last week, i turned it down.

so yes, some people can say no to lvl 10, because lvl 10 doesnt mean anything.

Where?

1080p
07-31-2008, 11:11 PM
UK-T

It was a general statement that was intended to say that the allure of some sites are too great for some

Duckater
07-31-2008, 11:12 PM
To be fair some very good points 1080p :)
Only thing almost annoying is people begging for accounts or invites to sites they knwo nothing about other than what they have read and that is mostly hype from people who also want an account there.
I have in several yrs only ever asked for 1 invite to a site in a forum and that was too a great site and in the forums of another site where the owner had posted that invites where avaliable to people of a set level there.
There are probable one or two other sites I would like to be a member of and that is down to them being specalist trackers where the content would interest me.
Like I have previously said some of the better trackers I am on are small not very well known but have a great atmosphere, probable also due to fact I know the owners well.
So the people thta are chasing top trackers could more than likely find trackers about that would suit them a lot better than top trackers they are begging for if they spent that time checking some of them out :)

aysomc
07-31-2008, 11:13 PM
what i dont understand is that many of them want to trade into the "higher levels" which are mostly community based trackers. who the fck wants to be a part of a community under someone else's username, it really doesnt make any sense.

becomehokage
07-31-2008, 11:13 PM
Oh i see.How it was stoi? did you got any screens? :P

Just joking. :D

TP635
07-31-2008, 11:16 PM
Trading cannot be that BAD. In fact it is a legit way to get to some of the better trackers. If treading is stupid, bad, wrong, etc, etc etc, then why does this forum have a special forum/section for those traders. Even better; traders can have the special service of middle man.:naughty:

Funkin'
07-31-2008, 11:17 PM
UK-T

It was a general statement that was intended to say that the allure of some sites are too great for some

Yes, for some. But not for everyone. Remember, that dumbass WTAW list rates sites on rarity. Something that is completely meaningless to a lot of us.

1080p
07-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Trading cannot be that BAD. In fact it is a legit way to get to some of the better trackers. If treading is stupid, bad, wrong, etc, etc etc, then why does this forum have a special forum/section for those traders. Even better; traders can have the special service of middle man.:naughty:
This is arguably one of the dumbest points I have ever seen.

First of all, theres no such thing as a Legit way to get invites to trackers that break rules. Your suppose to invite people you know/trust well enough that they wouldn't fuck you.
So trading is cool because theres a middleman?

Your an idiot.

UK-T

Yes, for some. But not for everyone. Remember, that dumbass WTAW list rates sites on rarity. Something that is completely meaningless to a lot of us.
Some more then others, its easy for a person with a well known and established tracker to say no, but for other users its different

lysine
07-31-2008, 11:27 PM
You missed a huge point. The best way to get to the trackers you want is not to post anywhere near this section, the invite section or any other invite related site. Being helpful here is generally a negative to being a good user on a tracker.
Say you are only a member of IPTorrents or Demonoid, if you concentrate on showing what you can do there, on site then people will see that and you will probably be asked to join other places. All these off-site invite sections and BT forums are full of the worst scum on the internet. Stay away from them would be my advice. If you want to post on FST that's great, but the BT sections are so full of shit and anti BT I wouldn't bother. They will most likely harm your chances rather than helping. That's just my opinion.

ding,ding,ding. we have a winner.

most of my posts here are helpful or advice related and never once has anyone offered me anything. I don't expect it either. using fst is usually a negative strike against someone in the bt world.

stoi
07-31-2008, 11:29 PM
only tracker i have got is BCG.

i was a member of the rabbit for 2 weeks, just wasnt for me so i deleted my account, i still get on ok with the staff their, i never fell out with anyone or anything like that. i just thought give someone else a chance that would enjoy it instead of me hanging around like a sore thumb.

as for the lvl 10 tracker, i got offered an invite, but i turned it down, and you know what, the only reason why i would want it, is because of the WTAW thread, and thats just plain wrong imo.

that does not mean i will never join it, just the time isnt right atm.

puckface
07-31-2008, 11:31 PM
-------

no-one can escape human nature, not even you :/

UK-T

TP635
You don't get my point, do you?

This is arguably one of the dumbest points I have ever seenthen this is the dumbest forum, cos it support trading.

Your an idiot.and so are the mod here???

oh by the way anyone want to tread ftn for tpb?

1080p
only tracker i have got is BCG.

i was a member of the rabbit for 2 weeks, just wasnt for me so i deleted my account, i still get on ok with the staff their, i never fell out with anyone or anything like that. i just thought give someone else a chance that would enjoy it instead of me hanging around like a sore thumb.

as for the lvl 10 tracker, i got offered an invite, but i turned it down, and you know what, the only reason why i would want it, is because of the WTAW thread, and thats just plain wrong imo.

that does not mean i will never join it, just the time isnt right atm.
maybe when its level 11:lol::lol::lol:

But I tend to believe most trackers like their standing in the WTAW thread, they intentionally lockup invites to soar a level or two, personally I only look at the [#] rankings on the WTAT thread

Duckater
07-31-2008, 11:32 PM

ding,ding,ding. we have a winner.

most of my posts here are helpful or advice related and never once has anyone offered me anything. I don't expect it either. using fst is usually a negative strike against someone in the bt world.

Your probably right not that I would know as not really joined many sites that are listed here since I joined here.
It seems to me the people that get invites are 1st come 1st servered with a x amount of ratio proofs and a speed test.

Why do people require speed tests for a give away??
Surely that persons knowledge and experience on managing an account is more important than what speed of connection they have?

1080p
07-31-2008, 11:32 PM
You don't get my point, do you?

then this is the dumbest forum, cos it support trading.

Your an idiot.and so are the mod here.

oh by the way anyone want to tread ftn for tpb?
you just reinforced my opinion.

Thanks for making me sleep better at night

stoi
07-31-2008, 11:34 PM
well i actually opened up so we would go down a few lvls, go figure eh lol

but i put this in another thread earlier today.

trackers that are "elite" are only elite because of the WTAW thread, all the tracker wants is security. but with security comes rising the ranks of the WTAW thread, which leads to eliteness, which they dont want.

Duckater
07-31-2008, 11:37 PM
well i actually opened up so we would go down a few lvls, go figure eh lol

but i put this in another thread earlier today.

trackers that are "elite" are only elite because of the WTAW thread, all the tracker wants is security. but with security comes rising the ranks of the WTAW thread, which leads to eliteness, which they dont want.

here here :)
I am really really glad we aint even listed in it :)
I am sure a lot of other very good trackers are not as well :)

TP635
07-31-2008, 11:40 PM

and don't forget to finish your homework before you go to sleep.

1080p
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM

and don't forget to finish your homework before you go to sleep.
Another reason why you are a moron, quote me properly you n00b.

sear
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM

I can't believe you bothered posting that. How does FST having a section for trading make it a good thing or even ok. Some sites allow invite selling does that making selling ok...:noes:

Trading is a good way to quickly build a bad rep in the BT world. Get caught once and your all your details will quickly be passed around most of the top trackers...be forewarned.

puckface
07-31-2008, 11:46 PM

and don't forget to finish your homework before you go to sleep.Another reason why you are a moron, quote me properly you n00b.

so you made a new (duplicate) account to come and cause trouble I see?

1080p
07-31-2008, 11:46 PM

I can't believe you bothered posting that. How does FST having a section for trading make it a good thing or even ok. Some sites allow invite selling does that making selling ok...:noes:

Trading is a good way to quickly build a bad rep in the BT world. Get caught once and your all your details will quickly be passed around most of the top trackers...be forewarned.
top trackers?

what exactly makes you a "top" tracker, no disrespect intended.

Thanks for making me sleep better at nightAnother reason why you are a moron, quote me properly you n00b.

what? and more what?
how am I causing trouble, how is this account a duplicate (check me mods)

I'm starting to get what benchez was saying earlier, most of these guys are complete idiots and useless to have a discussion with

KennyX
07-31-2008, 11:55 PM
1080p, good points all round.

Lysine, one simple post in the invites thread would probably get you into any of about two hundred different sites. They may not be the highest level sites but RevTT, TL, SCC etc do the business for me. Maybe you should give it a try?

Moved the rest.

KennyX
07-31-2008, 11:57 PM
dup

KennyX
07-31-2008, 11:57 PM
dup2

KennyX
07-31-2008, 11:59 PM
dup3

Nemrod
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Crap!
Change the fire selector from "Auto" to "Man".

1080p
08-01-2008, 12:04 AM
ill probably let benchez respond to this and then close the thread

puckface
08-01-2008, 12:06 AM

Thanks for making me sleep better at nightAnother reason why you are a moron, quote me properly you n00b.

what? and more what?

I'm starting to get what benchez was saying earlier, most of these guys are complete idiots and useless to have a discussion with

seriously, calling people morons and idiots for no reason is causing trouble in my book. Its insulting people on purpose , which I know the mods here wont do anything about because they never do, but have some respect and follow the board rules. Oh that's right, you're "new" you may not have read the rules, please forgive me.

danio
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM
I agreed with everything you posted 1080p. Especially that these so-called "ex-traders" that have seen "the light" cannot be trusted. You're a very insightful person.

Except for this:

Nobody can sit here and tell me they don't want to browse UK-T, just to see what the site is like.

I don't think it's possible for me to care any less about that site. I'm sure it has nothing going for that I can't find at just about every other site.

regarding ex-traders, i would agree about the ones who after months of trading here call themselves "retired" or "ex-trader" only to save their asses. but then there are people who begun their journey on private trackers by trading their demonoid code for a tl invite, a tl invite for an oink invite, etc. simply because they didn't know that there are other ways. once they learn that there are responsible ways of getting what they want, they quit trading and never go back.

the only problem is that it's hard to sort these guys out from the bad ones, but i would say that you can generally sense if a guy is responsible and honest, or if he is just pretending. for example, i would not trust a guy who have traded alot on this board and then "retire", because as a user on fst, you cannot avoid the debate between anti-traders and traders and learn that there are other ways of joining than trading. traders on this board knows, but just don't give a damn.

stoi
08-01-2008, 12:12 AM
well before you close it (which you cant do btw) i just want to say 1 last thing.

Invite Trading:

I dont mind invite trading at all, and here is why.

as long as Member A wants to get into tracker B, and Member B wants to get into tracker A to use the invite, then i dont care because. << if they just want it for the lvl and for an e-penis though, feck them.

They both have their own identities
They both sttart out from scratch, 0 ul 0 dl 0.00 ratio
They should both look out for each other, as they are in each others invite tree.
They should take part in the community, because they have their own identity.

Account Trading:

I despise this because.

They have someone elses identity so will keep below the radar, and never get involved in the tracker/forums/IRC.

They usually trade for a buffered account, to rape that account dry and the tracker dry of a lot of stuff.

They usually dont care about the tracker, its only their to rape of its content, and they dont give a shit if they get banned, after all its not their name thats going to be mud, its the original account holders.

thats why account giveaways are wrong as well.

sear
08-01-2008, 12:22 AM
what? and more what?

seriously, calling people morons and idiots for no reason is causing trouble in my book. Its insulting people on purpose , which I know the mods here wont do anything about because they never do, but have some respect and follow the board rules. Oh that's right, you're "new" you may not have read the rules, please forgive me.

Mate you miss quoted me I never said that...I realise it was a mistake just pointing it out.

what exactly makes you a "top" tracker, no disrespect intended.

Well for a start having a decent reputation among members and staff at other sites. A commitment to sharing rather than making money. A desire to protect the safety and security of your members. Those are just some of the things I take into consideration when judging a tracker and to be clear I wasn't talking about the WTAW thread. I was just trying to point out that for some people that may be newer members here that your actions on one tracker can and do have consequences in the wider BT world and that they should think twice before trading.

puckface
08-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Mate you miss quoted me I never said that...nor did I insult anyone or call them a moron. I realise it was probably a mistake just pointing it out.

you were in the quote, it wasn't directed towards you... I hate trying to cut out the extraneous stuff, no offense meant.

EDIT: wow I can do it!! (I fixed the above one too sear)

disconny
08-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Do these anti trader/trader threads go anywhere? Are torrent site trades down according to the official "bittorrent crime statistics"?

TP635
08-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Anyway, I believe that everyone has an urge to see whats higher. You cant escape it because its human nature. Curiosity is the motive behind most traders. Nobody can sit here and tell me they don't want to browse UK-T, just to see what the site is like. That addresses B.Anyway, I believe that a large number of torrenters has an urge to see whats higher. Most cant escape it because its human nature. Curiosity is the motive behind most traders. Only a few can sit here and tell me they don't want to browse UK-T, just to see what the site is like.

If your post was that of the edited version; then I would have agree with you. Sweeping statement is bad; but I will not call you an idiot or a moron. I have big problem with explaining myself simply because english is not native to me.

If you think that I support trading; check my posting history. You will see that I am 'clean'. I don't come to this forum to get to those top sites. I am happy with tpb and demon. call me a noob if you have to. But calling members here as moron just relefect the immaturity in yourself.

Finish your school, get yourself a good degree and then we can talk on even ground. At the moment please have more self-control.

KennyX
08-01-2008, 12:38 AM
ill probably let benchez respond to this and then close the thread

He has seen it. I will move mine out to its own thread and you can close this one.

sear
08-01-2008, 12:39 AM
you were in the quote, it wasn't directed towards you... I hate trying to cut out the extraneous stuff, no offense meant.

EDIT: wow I can do it!! (I fixed the above one too sear)

non-taken ;)

Do these anti trader/trader threads go anywhere?

no they don't :frusty:

1080p
08-01-2008, 12:40 AM
You weren't even addressing that quote, you said that trading was a legit way to get invites in which I disagreed with

KFlint
08-01-2008, 12:43 AM
@1080p : why won't you tell people your previous identity on FST btw? you are obviously not a new comer here

puckface
08-01-2008, 12:44 AM
@1080p : why won't you tell people your previous identity on FST btw? you are obviously not a new comer here

as i said.

1080p
08-01-2008, 12:46 AM
:dry::dry::dry:

disconny
08-01-2008, 12:48 AM
I know 1080p's true identity. It used to be................. 720p.

TP635
08-01-2008, 12:48 AM
You weren't even addressing that quote, you said that trading was a legit way to get invites in which I disagreed with

This is where you and sear misunderstood me.

I don't expect you or anyone to read my posting history here. but if you do you will see that I have questioned the rationale of having allowing treading in this forum. It is this forum that make trading seem legit; because it not only allow it but even provide safe mode in the form of middle man.

My argument on the subject has always been that it is against tracker'
rules. So why is this forum an avenue for trading?

I hope I make myself clear this time.

puckface
08-01-2008, 12:50 AM
EDIT: I'm not even gonna start.

1080p
08-01-2008, 12:50 AM

This is where you and sear misunderstood me.

I don't expect you or anyone to read my posting history here. but if you do you will see that I have questioned the rationale of having allowing treading in this forum. It is this forum that make trading seem legit; because it not only allow it but even provide safe mode in the form of middle man.

My argument on the subject has always been that it is against tracker'
rules. So why is this forum an avenue for trading?

I hope I make myself clear this time.
crystal.

still don't agree though, but that's the beauty of forums:unsure:

TP635
08-01-2008, 12:52 AM
@1080p : Why won't you tell people your previous identity on fst btw? You are obviously not a new comer here

pb??

1080p
08-01-2008, 12:53 AM
@1080p : Why won't you tell people your previous identity on fst btw? You are obviously not a new comer here

pb??
peanut butter?

becomehokage
08-01-2008, 12:56 AM
I know 1080p's true identity. It used to be................. 720p.
lol'ed hard :clap:

stoi
08-01-2008, 12:57 AM
I would just like to add to my post above as well.

I dont think its the fact members trade invites that pisses most staff off, its where and how they are traded.

Forums like this are a big no no to most tracker owners.

but if its done behind closed doors like.

you are both a member of tracker A.

you get chatting, build up a friendship, (not 2 days but a few weeks at least)

you find out member A is on Tracker B and your on Tracker C, and you both have an invite, and you both want to join the others trackers.

then thats fine.

but putting I have Tracker B i want Tracker C on a public forum and you have no idea who the hell the other member is, and it can risk your account, is frowned upon.

markupmaster
08-01-2008, 01:00 AM
This topic has been debated over for a long,long time and will probably continue to be debated.

1080p
08-01-2008, 01:02 AM
I'll be posting the sequel of this soon, but for now

Yo quiero taco bell

puckface
08-01-2008, 01:03 AM
This topic has been debated over for a long,long time and will probably continue to be debated.

not that I want you to go, I am just curious. What happened to this: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-my-goodbye-304140/?

what happened, everything ok?

I'll be posting the sequel of this soon, but for now

Yo quiero taco bell

Great, and welcome back.

markupmaster
08-01-2008, 01:08 AM
not that I want you to go, I am just curious. What happened to this: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-my-goodbye-304140/?

It's ok,I don't blame you for being curious.

The whole situation with where I am going has been chaos. So much switching around and changing of plans. Thankfully,I have managed to get 1-2 hours a day internet access where I am at. I am trying to live life much more. You can only sit on the sofa so much you know? :lol:

IdolEyes787
08-01-2008, 01:45 AM
I want my going away present back then.

respawn40
08-01-2008, 02:08 AM

It's ok,I don't blame you for being curious.

The whole situation with where I am going has been chaos. So much switching around and changing of plans. Thankfully,I have managed to get 1-2 hours a day internet access where I am at. I am trying to live life much more. You can only sit on the sofa so much you know? :lol:

Tell them you need extra time to do research >.>

markupmaster
08-01-2008, 02:29 AM
I want my going away present back then.

:lol:

Tell them you need extra time to do research >.>

I should be able to bring my laptop up here soon.

:)

Funkin'
08-01-2008, 02:42 AM
regarding ex-traders, i would agree about the ones who after months of trading here call themselves "retired" or "ex-trader" only to save their asses. but then there are people who begun their journey on private trackers by trading their demonoid code for a tl invite, a tl invite for an oink invite, etc. simply because they didn't know that there are other ways. once they learn that there are responsible ways of getting what they want, they quit trading and never go back.

Very well put. I believe that this(and I'm sure a lot of the hardcore well known anti-traders around here started off by trading a Demonoid code for a TL invite, or something similar to this), and Stoi's telling of two friends(known friends, not someone you met a few days or a week ago) sitting and chatting, and finding out you are both a member at a tracker that each would like to be part of, are some of the exceptions.

wheeloftime
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Whilst I agree with much (but not all) you have written 1080p I think it is slightly ironic that you are talking about who can be trusted on this forum whilst making no attempt to deny that this isn't your first account here.

Trust is something that in time is earned by ones actions and attitude. In my opinion this applies equally to ex-traders as much as it does to those that have never traded, although in the case of ex-traders it may take longer.

1080p
08-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Whilst I agree with much (but not all) you have written 1080p I think it is slightly ironic that you are talking about who can be trusted on this forum whilst making no attempt to deny that this isn't your first account here.

Trust is something that in time is earned by ones actions and attitude. In my opinion this applies equally to ex-traders as much as it does to those that have never traded, although in the case of ex-traders it may take longer.
I have never had an account here, like I have said in previous posts, I have always browsed the forums and wanted to register but members from other trackers have always told me it was dangerous.

Mr.sharer
08-01-2008, 04:06 PM
*cough*bullshit*cough*

Duckater
08-01-2008, 04:13 PM

I have never had an account here, like I have said in previous posts, I have always browsed the forums and wanted to register but members from other trackers have always told me it was dangerous.

Why join now then???
I am guessing like most people here you are not willing to use your usual nick that you do on sites.
It is almost like you are trying to post about as many things as you can give the points of few a lot of members would like to see in order to be considered a knowledgable and trust worthy person to try and get invites to higher level trackers once you have been here long enough to eneter the invites section, talking of which you have mentioned about in the past as tho you know what happens there. This leads me also to think you have previously been on the forums here under a different nick

hitman51
08-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Yo quiero taco bell

:O bring me some!

wheeloftime
08-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

1080p
08-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I won't respond to these futile allegations anymore, yes I consider myself "knowlegable at Bittorrent" that doesn't mean I had a different nickname here, and yes I use a different nickname here from else because, like I said, I was told this place could be potentially dangerous from friends on other trackers.

wheeloftime
08-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I won't respond to these futile allegations anymore, yes I consider myself "knowlegable at Bittorrent" that doesn't mean I had a different nickname here, and yes I use a different nickname here from else because, like I said, I was told this place could be potentially dangerous from friends on other trackers.
I had assumed that because you responded to someones allegation with 3 smileys that you were kinda admitting to it, but obviously I misinterpreted what you meant by that. If you say you haven't had an account here then I believe you.