PDA

View Full Version : 1Gbps seedbox

fstokebanget
08-01-2008, 08:34 AM
hi all,
I would like to rent this server : http://www.ovh.co.uk/individual/products/eg.xml, 1Gbps speed, but I need additional 4 ppl, I got 2 ppl already, I need 2 more. If any of you interested to have this 1Gbps seedbox pls send me PM.

Thanks a lot

kross
08-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Note that the 101Mbps restriction applies on 1Gbps server.
You can use 700Mbps from time to time, but if you do this all the day, there's a high risk of being put into the noSLA mode.

TechnoMan80
08-01-2008, 10:19 AM
so you would be able to use 30240000GB = 30240TB per month

:))

goodkat
08-01-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm interested!

Which torrent program are you planning to use? torrentflux with ? or utorrent or rtorrent??

haydeno
08-01-2008, 11:02 AM
SLA:
When a customer uses less than 101Mbps of bandwidth on his server(s), he is entitled to a SLA connection. That means that we don't limit the total bandwidth per server. However, we check the bandwidth used at each connection (the flow), a ftp or web downloading for instance. In the case of SLA bandwidth, the customer is not limited if the download is less than 32MB. He uses all the available and useable bandwidth. If the download used 32 MB, the router limits the downloading connection (and only this downloading) to 10Mbps.

NoSLA:
If the customer used more than 101 Mbps on his server(s), Ovh can decide to manually switch his server(s) into noSLA mode, for outgoing bandwidth (only). This means that we don't limit the total bandwidth per server. However, we check the bandwidth used by each connection (the flow), ftp or web downloading for instance. In the case of noSLA bandwidth, each connection (flow) is limited to a value that evolves during the day, every hour and according to the recipient and variation between 10Mbps and 512 Kbps (during rush hours) .

To sum up , noSLA is:
- Total bandwidth per server is not limited. You are entitled to 100Mbps or 1Gbps (according to the offer).
- Bandwidth per connection
- Between 0h and 9am: 10 Mbps per connection
- Between 9am and 3pm: reduce of 5 Mbps to 500 Kbps per connection
- Between 3 pm and 9pm: 500 Kbps per connection
- Between 9pm and 11pm: re-increase 500Mbps to 5Mbps per connection
- Between 11pm and midnight: 10 Mbps per connection

notyviv
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm interested, tel me how much money needed and all the stats ?

fstokebanget
08-02-2008, 08:58 AM
please give me further advice on using 1Gbps OVH server, I have no experience using 1Gbps server, from what I read here I guess it's better to rent the 100Mbps rather than the 1Gbps, right ?

SLA:
When a customer uses less than 101Mbps of bandwidth on his server(s), he is entitled to a SLA connection. That means that we don't limit the total bandwidth per server. However, we check the bandwidth used at each connection (the flow), a ftp or web downloading for instance. In the case of SLA bandwidth, the customer is not limited if the download is less than 32MB. He uses all the available and useable bandwidth. If the download used 32 MB, the router limits the downloading connection (and only this downloading) to 10Mbps.

NoSLA:
If the customer used more than 101 Mbps on his server(s), Ovh can decide to manually switch his server(s) into noSLA mode, for outgoing bandwidth (only). This means that we don't limit the total bandwidth per server. However, we check the bandwidth used by each connection (the flow), ftp or web downloading for instance. In the case of noSLA bandwidth, each connection (flow) is limited to a value that evolves during the day, every hour and according to the recipient and variation between 10Mbps and 512 Kbps (during rush hours) .

To sum up , noSLA is:
- Total bandwidth per server is not limited. You are entitled to 100Mbps or 1Gbps (according to the offer).
- Bandwidth per connection
- Between 0h and 9am: 10 Mbps per connection
- Between 9am and 3pm: reduce of 5 Mbps to 500 Kbps per connection
- Between 3 pm and 9pm: 500 Kbps per connection
- Between 9pm and 11pm: re-increase 500Mbps to 5Mbps per connection
- Between 11pm and midnight: 10 Mbps per connection

I'm interested!

Which torrent program are you planning to use? torrentflux with ? or utorrent or rtorrent??

we're gonna use rtorrent under Debian

I'm interested, tel me how much money needed and all the stats ?

ok, I will inform you as soon as I got the clear picture about this SLA

sp0ngeb0b
08-02-2008, 07:53 PM
so you would be able to use 30240000GB = 30240TB per month

:))

You won't even reach 10% of that. You won't get much over 100mbps outside of OVH's network.

Faustus
08-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm very interested

BlueLabel
08-02-2008, 11:50 PM
hi all,
I would like to rent this server : http://www.ovh.co.uk/individual/products/eg.xml, 1Gbps speed, but I need additional 4 ppl, I got 2 ppl already, I need 2 more. If any of you interested to have this 1Gbps seedbox pls send me PM.

Thanks a lot

how you going to split it with 4 people??
what will happen when you all download from the same tracker at the same time??
there is high chance that the staff members might think that you all 1 person and ban you for double account

you have 4 IPs but as far as I know you have 1 IP and the rest IPs it for "emergency" in case that somthing will happen, that how it was for me with hosting-ie when I had 2 IPs and no metter what IP I loged in it was the same IP, but maybe in OVH is different
GL guys

singing_sol
08-03-2008, 01:41 AM
interesting but do u think that this is possible in some amount of euros to be done with

eMoneyBags
08-03-2008, 06:50 AM
i'm interested if the server runs uTorrent on Debian. pm me.

Edit: also, i will be downloading mostly from ScT so my traffic will be internal for the most part.

fstokebanget
08-03-2008, 05:39 PM
how you going to split it with 4 people??
what will happen when you all download from the same tracker at the same time??
there is high chance that the staff members might think that you all 1 person and ban you for double account

you have 4 IPs but as far as I know you have 1 IP and the rest IPs it for "emergency" in case that somthing will happen, that how it was for me with hosting-ie when I had 2 IPs and no metter what IP I loged in it was the same IP, but maybe in OVH is different
GL guys

my experience in sharing 1 server in leaseweb and hosting-ie with 3 people never gets me or my friends into troubles in trackers like sct, ftn, bitmetv, bitme, or any others. We used to use 3 diff IPs there...

eMoneyBags
08-04-2008, 03:38 AM
fstokebanget, didn't know this site doesn't have pm's.. but if you still need another person let me know. my Leaseweb account is ending soon and i'm definitely looking to get OvH.