PDA

View Full Version : What happened to HDBits?

Audacity
08-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Hey

Just signed up, as I had a bit of problem with HDBits.

I signed for them last year, and was pretty active. Had my exams for a few months, so didn't bother going there, and recently, when I tried to log in, it seemed my account had been deleted. I asked my friend for an invite. He has a couple of them, but tells me that HDBits have disabled invites now.

I don't get it? What happened? Is it impossible to become a member now? Why have invites been disabled.

Cr3aTiV3
08-02-2008, 07:32 AM
Yes it is impossible until and unless you get to know the MODs or ADMINs very nicely. Try their irc once, who knows might it help

kondrae
08-02-2008, 07:33 AM
or you can wait till they enable invites

Audacity
08-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Tried their IRC, that's what my friend told me to do. But apparently, it's invites only. Any way I can contact the mods?

Raban
08-02-2008, 07:39 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/21osuhu.png

Audacity
08-02-2008, 07:52 AM
So, basically, it's absolutely impossible to get on HDBits now?

Cr3aTiV3
08-02-2008, 07:57 AM
So, basically, it's absolutely impossible to get on HDBits now?
HDBits - :01:

yayyyyyy
08-02-2008, 08:17 AM
yes,

and they will not re-invite dumbs that got banned... do not try to bother the admins...

Audacity
08-02-2008, 08:32 AM
yes,

and they will not re-invite dumbs that got banned... do not try to bother the admins...

I didn't get banned though.

Anyways, looks like I'll have to wait till they decide to open invites again.

Any other good HD trackers out there?

zdzichu007
08-02-2008, 08:49 AM
bit-hdtv, scennehd, hdbits.ro.

lovejj
08-02-2008, 08:52 AM
long time inactive=ban

not need other reason

moffe
08-02-2008, 11:00 AM
yeah, sorry - think its very very unlikely that they will hook you up again.

especially at HDbits where they are very determined on having people actually using the site, instead of just having unused logins. Thats also why it counts download and ratio, instead of just upload ammount. Anyways, good luck getting back on, once the invites are reinstated.

KaySterling
08-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Its a shame theyve closed invites but what can you expect when you put that kind of thing in the hands of shitheads. (invites)
And there will always be dickheads out there..

Meanwhile good BT users that behave themselves doesn't get in. Thats just life.

Nemrod
08-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey

I signed for them last year, and was pretty active. Had my exams for a few months, so didn't bother going there, and recently, when I tried to log in, it seemed my account had been deleted. I asked my friend for an invite. He has a couple of them, but tells me that HDBits have disabled invites now.

I don't get it? What happened? Is it impossible to become a member now? Why have invites been disabled.

I think it would be a very honest thing to tell your future inviter you lost a previous account. Heīll see if he takes the risk.
It would be very annoying that somebody invites you and then he results warned or punished by doing something forbidden, as inviting an ex-member is.
By the way, donīt take this personal, but I canīt find any single reason for not logging into the site every 15 days or so, put a note in your profile or notify staff, even more when is clearly stated that they donīt tolerate inactive accounts.

Audacity
08-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey

I think it would be a very honest thing to tell your future inviter you lost a previous account. Heīll see if he takes the risk.
It would be very annoying that somebody invites you and then he results warned or punished by doing something forbidden, as inviting an ex-member is.
By the way, donīt take this personal, but I canīt find any single reason for not logging into the site every 15 days or so, put a note in your profile or notify staff, even more when is clearly stated that they donīt tolerate inactive accounts.

I've already told my invited what happened. He advised to me to log onto their channel, and ask for help. However, their channel seems to be invite only.

Btw, I did quiet a bit of torrenting on it. Downloaded about 50GB+ and had a ratio of around 1.5. I couldn't log on the site, because I was complete cut off from the internet.

tasker12
08-02-2008, 04:57 PM
sucks

Nemrod
08-02-2008, 05:22 PM

I've already told my invited what happened. He advised to me to log onto their channel, and ask for help. However, their channel seems to be invite only.

Btw, I did quiet a bit of torrenting on it. Downloaded about 50GB+ and had a ratio of around 1.5. I couldn't log on the site, because I was complete cut off from the internet.

I know a few members that in situations like yours they have been re-enabled. Itīs not an easy thing, staff is very strict but a good user if asks something in the appropriate way can get almost anything, as long as it is a reasonable request.

Iīd tell you to ask your inviter -if he is a good user with immaculate record- to go to IRC and vouch for you, explaining the situation in a very polite way.

Anyway, I wish good luck.

dunson
08-02-2008, 05:35 PM
I love how people have exams that last for over 6 weeks or some shit that are so time consuming, logging into a site is impossible.

Kuttichan
08-02-2008, 06:34 PM
hope they will enable the invites soon

Audacity
08-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I love how people have exams that last for over 6 weeks or some shit that are so time consuming, logging into a site is impossible.

As I said, my parents cut off my internet connection during my exams. And these were my national level exams, not school exams.

Mr.sharer
08-02-2008, 06:51 PM

dumbass , there is more to life than internets :frusty:

Audacity
08-02-2008, 07:04 PM

dumbass , there is more to life than internets :frusty:

Pretty much

Anyways, how are SceneHD, bit-HDTV compared to HDBits?

saimer
08-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm not member in other two, but according to the people giving invites in HDBits, bit-HDTV is not as good as it. From the name, SceneHD, I guess scene release only? I personally like HDBits internal releases more.

As Nemrod mentioned, try to have your friend explain your situation to the staffs. It may work. Good luck anyway.

yayyyyyy
08-02-2008, 08:50 PM
As Nemrod mentioned, try to have your friend explain your situation to the staffs. It may work. Good luck anyway.

Inactive ppl are NOT WELCOME on hdbits.

there was even a news about ppl getting banned because not useful for the site... and they CLEARLY said to not contact the staff asking to help about a friend's disabled account...

Don't get ppl into troubles... you didn't used the site, you didn't needed it... go for bit-hdtv where they will not care if you do not download a single byte for years... they will still keep your account...

different sites for different ppl... you cannot pretend to be on hdbits but following the rules of bit-hdtv!

ppl who have life should stick to TPB instead of hogging hdbits and other sites that are always full and blocking other useful users to enter it...

Raban
08-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Inactive ppl are NOT WELCOME on hdbits.

there was even a news about ppl getting banned because not useful for the site... and they CLEARLY said to not contact the staff asking to help about a friend's disabled account...

Don't get ppl into troubles... you didn't used the site, you didn't needed it... go for bit-hdtv where they will not care if you do not download a single byte for years... they will still keep your account...

different sites for different ppl... you cannot pretend to be on hdbits but following the rules of bit-hdtv!

ppl who have life should stick to TPB instead of hogging hdbits and other sites that are always full and blocking other useful users to enter it...

yes very well said i agree

punjabimunda
08-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Go on irc mate. Ignore the keyboard warriors on this thread.

deadalive1
08-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Tough to do that when it's invite only. :frusty::whistling

hotshot6473
08-03-2008, 03:27 AM
not anymore according to Sarge:

Network: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #hdbits.support

deadalive1
08-03-2008, 03:32 AM
Well I don't wanna get busted by the Sarge back to Private so go with his word then. Last time I got busted, I was freakin' cleaning the mess hall for 10 weeks with a toothpick with a few strands of string attached. :P

hotshot6473
08-03-2008, 03:36 AM
bitch who told you to stop

deadalive1
08-03-2008, 04:15 AM
bitch who told you to stop

Is that an attempt at humor? I sure hope not because it is sad. :lol:

And now back to MST 3k. :whistling

roderick
08-03-2008, 04:10 PM
i can't find hdbits support in the irc list. there is a hebits but not hd.

hotshot6473
08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
why are you looking at the list if you have the channel?

roderick
08-03-2008, 04:23 PM
well i tried that and its not connecting

jokzor
08-03-2008, 04:44 PM

LOLOLOL what a laugh i had now, i couldn't say it better
"god of keyboard 2".. soon in a thread nearby
+1

flamers
08-03-2008, 04:48 PM
LOL, this duce bag is no better than leecher/cheater, but atleast they know when they're banned and accept it!!.

You broke the rules, ok, your banned, get over it, there's no reason you deserve leniency, you just fucking don't use hdbits, you don't deserve it.