PDA

View Full Version : meaningless thread

jokzor
08-02-2008, 10:26 AM
i've been invited a few days ago for sct, i've found something good, the packs are freeleech as long as you seed them for 120 hours.. i think there won't be trouble for me telling this here, probably you already knew
but when i look at those hundreds of gB of nicely organized packs free to download with almost no care, and that probably will be there for a year or more, tax free, it made me feel all that i was thrilling to acomplish, the trackers, the ratio, the login every day, the absolute domination of all software that runs trough and the possibily to get it if i was there on time, sounded all meaningless..

it's like if i've been mad all these years..

rushing to keep the download list on tl up to date, all pal wii games, and the most downloaded pc ones, having an account with good ratio on every nice or tracker, a computer on 24/7, a good punch of gb to store the stuff while i couldn't burn it, the nicest upload possible, a good burner, the usual stock of verbatim dvds, all to be burnt at 4 or 8x at max..

edit:
fucking addiction.. that's the price of craving to take the maximum possible of everything i guess..

just madness, those free leech packs made me feel free again, even if for a second, i'm scared of myself, and i'm starting wondering where this is going to lead me.. probably nowhere.. :mellow:

Elecktricity
08-02-2008, 10:27 AM
So you giving up on torrenting?

iamKy666
08-02-2008, 10:29 AM

His next move is to find a seedbox:D
No offense.

jokzor
08-02-2008, 10:32 AM

His next move is to find a seedbox:D
No offense.

what makes you say that?

Duckater
08-02-2008, 10:44 AM
If that aint bad try running a site and getting up in middle of the night to go to the loo only to turn on monitor and check for new releases and spend 30 mins or so sorting them.
Not only that prob get a max of 4 hrs of sleep a night any way to make sure site is upto date with latest releases.
Then take a bit of time out from it all to realise you spent days on the pc in the last week that could have been spent with the kids etc.
But like mentioned it is a ADDICTION so may be I should form a TA (torrenters annon) :lol:

Mr.sharer
08-02-2008, 10:44 AM
switch off your pc for a week and see if it helps

jokzor
08-02-2008, 11:00 AM
yes it is, i only now realized that, first time i got into tl signups were open and i had 50 kB/s of download, it was barely in the beginning and i got the feeling wow! everything here and working great speeds i only gotta keep an eye on the time to live (ttl) and i may get everything here
i've noticed it a few times, but now with those free packs on sct i really noticed a hit on my life

thank you mr.sharer

Squizzle
08-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Uploading goes from exciting entertainment to a chore very quickly.

I've had a few days with no work to do, and apart from going out on the piss with some mates on Thursday night, I've been sitting around at the PC drinking wine and chain smoking for 3 days now.

There's always something new to see and do, that's the problem.

At least I'm sat in the garden on the lappy in the sun and fresh air :D

jokzor
08-02-2008, 04:38 PM
i wish i felt the same way to bittorrent as i'm feeling for those packs, nice, easy, any time you wanna download them.. kinda gives me sometime for myself