PDA

View Full Version : packs die quicker

Mr.sharer
08-03-2008, 04:49 AM
atleast thats what am seeing .individual torrent stay seeded longer . so why make packs ? :unsure:

its too much pressure on the original seeder too . if you want to have all the movies or whatever in the pack . download them individually

discuss

Detale
08-03-2008, 04:50 AM
What are you talking about, pack that I have dl'd some of them I can still seed months later. Packs usually last way longer than individual movies. Which pack are you speaking about anyway?

Channer
08-03-2008, 04:54 AM
In my opinion, there are always gonna be packs that are going to be really popular and stay active for a while and there will always be less popular packs that will die off quicker than individual movies or whatever.

Mr.sharer
08-03-2008, 04:57 AM
What are you talking about, pack that I have dl'd some of them I can still seed months later. Packs usually last way longer than individual movies. Which pack are you speaking about anyway?

movie packs in general , i have downloaded a single movie from huge packs with really slow speeds , even worse than that of public trackers .

how many of you will download a whole movie pack (50gb+) , you just download a few movies from them and leave the job of seeding the whole pack to the original seeder , how long can he/she keep seeding it ? i mean they have other things to upload too . so in the long run packs tend to slow down on download speed

maybe am in the wrong site :huh:

In my opinion, there are always gonna be packs that are going to be really popular and stay active for a while and there will always be less popular packs that will die off quicker than individual movies or whatever.

depends on the site and userbase i guess , maybe sites with small user base should avoid compiling packs . packs can stay well seeded in sites like TL with large userbase ,but when it comes to small sites it just doesnt work

F.B.I
08-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Why don't you try a tracker like ScT?

Seeders forever and freeleech atm.

yayyyyyy
08-03-2008, 08:27 AM
depends on the site and userbase i guess , maybe sites with small user base should avoid compiling packs . packs can stay well seeded in sites like TL with large userbase ,but when it comes to small sites it just doesnt work

if everybody does the same as you of course packs does not last ;)

You have to think that the SINGLE movie you downloaded was kept alive becouse some other was seeding the whole pack...

if the pack wasn't there and all the movies were uploaded as single torrents there would be a VERY HIGH PROBABILITY that the movie you got was already died as everybody would have picked up other movies instead of picking up all of them to demostrate some gratitude to the uploader (and help him keeping ALL THE MOVIES ALIVE instead of thinking only about what they need)...

+1 for sct where you can find a pack uploaded exactly 1year ago, sized 211gb with 10seeders!!!!

djkamikaze
08-03-2008, 01:55 PM
bmtv packs stay up and seeded for years, some are from 2005.

xnugx
08-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Complete fail.

Packs own; ESPECIALLY @ ScT.
Freeleech + good speeds + insane content.
GG my friend.

WarrenBuffet
08-05-2008, 09:29 PM
My 2 concerns with:

The HUGE (100+ GB) one's die faster than usualy become not too many people want to keep 100gb of rars on their comp.

It's hard to search for content inside them. afaik, when you search at trackers like sct that have many great packs, it won't search inside them. SO if a movie you're looking for is in some random pack, but not on the site as a single torrent, you proaobly won't find it.

danio
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
as long as the pack isn't larger than lets say 20-25gb i download 100% of it and keep seeding it for a couple of months.. i can see your point regarding the HUGE packs though :P

djkamikaze
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
It's hard to search for content inside them. afaik, when you search at trackers like sct that have many great packs, it won't search inside them. SO if a movie you're looking for is in some random pack, but not on the site as a single torrent, you proaobly won't find it.

just look at the filelist.... 99% of torrent sties allow users to do this. If you can't do it on the site itself, download the small .torrent file, and then in your client, you can look at the file list.

seedman
08-06-2008, 01:14 AM
I looove packs. I seed everything until it is at 1.0 and has absolutely no seeding potential. So... seems like a null argument at least for the higher level trackers like FTN and ScT.

WarrenBuffet
08-06-2008, 01:22 AM

just look at the filelist.... 99% of torrent sties allow users to do this. If you can't do it on the site itself, download the small .torrent file, and then in your client, you can look at the file list.
go through sct's 200+ movie packs?
right....

djkamikaze
08-06-2008, 05:54 AM
meh, go bump a 5-year old thread then, apparently you have the motivation to do that.