PDA

View Full Version : What Really Grinds My Gears: AntiTraders

1080p
08-04-2008, 02:49 AM
This is part dos of my trilogy of views on bittorrent, I have no idea what part 3 will be, but everyone knows that sequels suck so this one and the next are probably horrific. Also if you post, please keep it on topic and don't threaten others.

Anti-traders really piss me off as much as traders do. Why? Because only people who identify themselves as "anti-traders" have been traders in the past who "have learned from their mistakes" and need things for "free". Spamming trading threads, telling others your not going to get into a tracker by trading, kissing community reps ass, among other things isn't going to get you recognized as a quality member here. Neither is posting colorful links to your "proofs" and what you "need" for "free". I am going to examine this sentence for a second.

I need [placeholder] only for free.

First of all, this is the internet, you don't need anything. What you do need is food and water. Not an invite to a lousy tracker to get stuff that are otherwise readily available for you via other private sites and/or public trackers.
Now onwards towards the word "free". Getting a legitamate invite from a member with giving nothing back isn't called free. Any invite I have ever accumulated from anyone, whether that be from a forum or via IRC, I invest a lot, A LOT, of time chatting and making a name for myself. Now that doesn't mean I chat or hang out to get invites, I just build a trust with other members. Thats called a reputation. And getting a repuation isn't easy at all, hence why you getting an invite for "free" is a null statement.

Another thing, who made up anti-trader. It sounds so negative, its basically a doublt negative. How about the title, "rule follower" or
"repectable user".

People, you don't have to downgrade yourself to traders by labeling yourself the anti of them.

Now back to this sentence "Because only people who identify themselves as "anti-traders" have been traders in the past who "have learned from their mistakes" and need things for "free"."

I say this because users who havent traded, cheated, scammed, etc. don't need to label themselves as an anti-trader of all things. They have no need to make it known in public what they are. On the other hand, any person I see that claims they are an anti-trader have had a trading thread in their post history. These people have to make it public, often in annoying bright colors and incoherent english, that they have learned better. Thus they say they are anti-trade now.

So, to me, all anti-traders are, ironically, people who use to trade but are trying to save their asses. Who knows, maybe one of you did learn from your mistakes, but in the grand scheme of things, you cannot be trusted for that mistake. Deal with it.

Anyway, my two cents on trading and antitrading

part III coming soon;)

disconny
08-04-2008, 02:52 AM
You have gears? You are a robot????

1080p
08-04-2008, 02:55 AM
from family guy the movie

again, dont post you have nothing funny or on-topic to say

SgtMajor
08-04-2008, 02:59 AM
Who gives a shit what others do, and how they label themselves. Let them do and be damned as long you be yourself. Live & let live.

The ones who should be shot at dawn are scammers, cheaters & fucknuggets, and if you run your own site then traders that deal in your invites & your accounts can be added to your personal shit list of assholes and shot with the rest of them.

Can't wait for Part III, but no doubt like The Godfather I, II & II the third will be the worst of the lot! :P

Channer
08-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Who gives a shit what others do, and how they label themselves. Let them do and be damned as long you be yourself. Live & let live.

Well crap that was almost word for word what i was gonna say, but anyway i agree.

seppypom
08-04-2008, 03:04 AM
fucknuggets

http://www.filehurricane.com/photos/73200723948PM_lol.jpg

Funkin'
08-04-2008, 03:19 AM
Can't wait for Part III, but no doubt like The Godfather I, II & II the third will be the worst of the lot! :P

This is what I'm thinking too.

But as always, thank you for your views 1080p. They're always interesting to read. I'm just starting to think you take the internet a little bit too seriously.

But to comment about the topic. I also believe that most of the hardcore anti-traders here, were once traders themselves in the past. That was an interesting point you brought up.

disconny
08-04-2008, 03:23 AM
from family guy the movie

again, dont post you have nothing funny or on-topic to say
do u have a torrent link to this family guy movie?

1080p
08-04-2008, 03:24 AM

But as always, thank you for your views 1080p. They're always interesting to read. I'm just starting to think you take the internet a little bit too seriously.

But to comment about the topic. I also believe that most of the hardcore anti-traders here, were once traders themselves in the past. That was an interesting point you brought up.
haha, I almost never browse the internet, I find time after work and school usually around 9-11, I don't make way to post or be active anywhere for that matter ;)

saulin
08-04-2008, 03:28 AM
What really grinds my gears is that traders trade just to collect and not because they will use the trackers. What really grinds my gears is the stupid WTAW chart! if it didn't exist probably there wouldn't be the need for people to trade.

disconny
08-04-2008, 03:50 AM

haha, I almost never browse the internet, I find time after work and school usually around 9-11, I don't make way to post or be active anywhere for that matter ;)
whats your job irl?

1080p
08-04-2008, 03:54 AM
whats your job irl?
I'm a computer tech for a petroleum engineering company

Nemrod
08-04-2008, 04:08 AM
Sorry, I never believed in generalizations because itīs synonym of prejudice and lead to mistakes.

th0r
08-04-2008, 04:11 AM
not really, some generalizations are in place for a reason

integral
08-04-2008, 05:35 AM
There's no real reason to be anti-trader. I myself won't waste tons of time typing long-winded reasons of why traders are bad for torrenting, but to each their own. I simply avoid inviting traders to the best of my ability, because it could get my invites/account disabled. Besides, I believe most people here don their signature/custom user titles of anti-trader/I hate traders/no trading simply for the preservation of their own self image.

Just as in real life, choices you make on the Internet will affect availability of other choices later on. If you choose to be a trader, your choices will be different (arguably lesser of number or quality) than if you decided not to be a trader.

Alco23
08-04-2008, 06:38 AM
I believe the term "anti-trader" originated from traders... ironic isn't it. Non-trader would probably be a better term but it's easier to lay the hate on someone that's "anti" something.

The ones who should be shot at dawn are scammers, cheaters & fucknuggets, and if you run your own site then traders that deal in your invites & your accounts can be added to your personal shit list of assholes and shot with the rest of them.

Are you subtly requesting to be shot at dawn? :whistling

wheeloftime
08-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Part 2 of 'The Thoughts of Chairman 1080p'. It must be nice to be so sure (full) of yourself.

Every thought you have doesn't have to be turned into an essay.
Also you start by saying this is part 2 of a trilogy, although you have no idea what part 3 will be. Why not try it the other way round? find something you want to say first and then decide to make a thread about it.

predateur
08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
This is part dos of my trilogy of views on bittorrent, I have no idea what part 3 will be, but everyone knows that sequels suck so this one and the next are probably horrific. Also if you post, please keep it on topic and don't threaten others.

Anti-traders really piss me off as much as traders do. Why? Because only people who identify themselves as "anti-traders" have been traders in the past who "have learned from their mistakes" and need things for "free". Spamming trading threads, telling others your not going to get into a tracker by trading, kissing community reps ass, among other things isn't going to get you recognized as a quality member here. Neither is posting colorful links to your "proofs" and what you "need" for "free". I am going to examine this sentence for a second.

First of all, this is the internet, you don't need anything. What you do need is food and water. Not an invite to a lousy tracker to get stuff that are otherwise readily available for you via other private sites and/or public trackers.
Now onwards towards the word "free". Getting a legitamate invite from a member with giving nothing back isn't called free. Any invite I have ever accumulated from anyone, whether that be from a forum or via IRC, I invest a lot, A LOT, of time chatting and making a name for myself. Now that doesn't mean I chat or hang out to get invites, I just build a trust with other members. Thats called a reputation. And getting a repuation isn't easy at all, hence why you getting an invite for "free" is a null statement.

Another thing, who made up anti-trader. It sounds so negative, its basically a doublt negative. How about the title, "rule follower" or
"repectable user".

People, you don't have to downgrade yourself to traders by labeling yourself the anti of them.

Now back to this sentence "Because only people who identify themselves as "anti-traders" have been traders in the past who "have learned from their mistakes" and need things for "free"."

I say this because users who havent traded, cheated, scammed, etc. don't need to label themselves as an anti-trader of all things. They have no need to make it known in public what they are. On the other hand, any person I see that claims they are an anti-trader have had a trading thread in their post history. These people have to make it public, often in annoying bright colors and incoherent english, that they have learned better. Thus they say they are anti-trade now.

So, to me, all anti-traders are, ironically, people who use to trade but are trying to save their asses. Who knows, maybe one of you did learn from your mistakes, but in the grand scheme of things, you cannot be trusted for that mistake. Deal with it.

part III coming soon;)

you dont have better things to do in your life? relax ....

puckface
08-04-2008, 12:54 PM
who then hell cares what you think?

1080p
08-04-2008, 01:11 PM
first of all, fuck off puckface, youve been on my case for absolutley no reason, gtfo of my thread

if you dont like the read either
A post something usefull that isnt the lowest scum on the earth
or
B dont post at all

puckface
08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
first of all, fuck off puckface, youve been on my case for absolutley no reason, gtfo of my thread

or
B dont post at all

but... but..... it's fun.

1080p
08-04-2008, 01:18 PM

or
B dont post at all

exactly what I would expect from a canadian, like I said

fuck off.

puckface
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM

fuck off.

Haha, good old Canadian put downs, gotta love em... you are quite clever sir. Actually its just my reaction to self-absorbed people who really think their opinion matters to anyone but themselves. Also, I dont know why you feel the need to curse at me, as you will never find me doing this to you, have some respect for your fellow human beings. But I guess being self-important in your own little world makes you feel good about yourself, I am glad this is the case, so I will leave you be to go on with your meaningless rants and epic posts if it makes you feel better.

No need to respond by telling me to fuck off again. I wont check back.

Disme
08-04-2008, 01:25 PM
exactly what I would expect from a canadian

That's what I call a generalization !

mrnobody
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM
maybe part III will be list of countries and what he expects from their people :dabs:

/me can't wait to see what is expected of him.

Duckater
08-04-2008, 02:26 PM
maybe part III will be list of countries and what he expects from their people :dabs:

/me can't wait to see what is expected of him.

wonders if fst got big enough servers for that post :lol:

KFlint
08-04-2008, 02:48 PM
can't wait for part 3....

http://www.agu.edu.bh/elun/Vol4-No3/yawning.jpg

dunson
08-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Sprayfart.

disconny
08-04-2008, 03:26 PM
1080p curses a lot
he also thinks he has power on the internet

1080p
08-04-2008, 04:14 PM
1080p curses a lot
he also thinks he has power on the internet
I invented the internet.

fuck off.

Haha, good old Canadian put downs, gotta love em... you are quite clever sir. Actually its just my reaction to self-absorbed people who really think their opinion matters to anyone but themselves. Also, I dont know why you feel the need to curse at me, as you will never find me doing this to you, have some respect for your fellow human beings. But I guess being self-important in your own little world makes you feel good about yourself, I am glad this is the case, so I will leave you be to go on with your meaningless rants and epic posts if it makes you feel better.

No need to respond by telling me to fuck off again. I wont check back.
I curse at you because I think you are a worthless cunt.

punki_rach
08-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Says the bloke insulting strangers on the internet

seppypom
08-04-2008, 05:03 PM
http://www.geocities.com/mapref/img/failed.gif

disconny
08-04-2008, 05:03 PM
is there an fst for 18+?

stoi
08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Also if you post, please keep it on topic and don't threaten others

I think you want to practice what you preach.

back on topic, if you have traders, you will get anti traders, if traders went away then anti traders would as well.

but if the WTAW thread keeps harping on about stupid rarity, then there will always be the 2.

Like i have said numerous times on here, who gives a fuck if Member A has a lvl 2 tracker and wants a lvl 9 tracker, and Memeber B has a lvl 9 tracker and wants a lvl 2 tracker.

If they want to use them to actually use them, let them get on with it, the problem is doing it on Public Invite Forums like FST.

You dont know who the hell the other person is, even with fake screenshots and fake speed tests. If you get to know them on another tracker, thats why tracker communities are important, and i would say even more important than FST, then you will get a good member 99% of the time. Doing it on here or others like it, its probably no better than a 50-50 chance of getting a good member, and thats being optomistic.

so i am not a pro-trader or anti-trader, i just think the ways and means of doing it for most users is bollocks.

Disme
08-04-2008, 05:33 PM
but if the WTAW thread keeps harping on about stupid rarity, then there will always be the 2.

I think that is rather shortsighted. I don't think it is the WTAW-threads that are the reason there are traders and non-traders.

It is completely normal human behaviour imho. Some trackers are easy to get into. But there are trackers that are hard, very hard and almost impossible to get into because they close their doors, disable invite-systems and staff goes scouting themselves for the users they believe are best for their trackers.

If you have a desire to get into a tracker, but you have to wait years to achieve that you are not likely going to trade that account/invite for a tracker that has open signups all the time, or trackers from wich you see GA's whole the time.

People have a tendency to want the quasi-impossible. The harder to get or the rarer something becomes, the more it's 'value' raises. That's a universal rule in economics and can be witnessed daily when observing any stock-market.

So we shouldn't blame it on the people that are giving certain trackers some kind of ranking. It would happen to without these threads existed.

And I also agree with the OP that a lot of the people just put something like 'non-trader' or other things that makes it clear they don't trade because they know they'll have a bigger chance to score an invite.

I don't agree with the name-calling, I believe it doesn't flatter the OP a lot.

Just my humble opinion.

stoi
08-04-2008, 05:37 PM
ok we were lvl 4 closed for months, everyone wanted a BCG invite/account.

We went down to lvl 2, no one gives a toss anymore, we are lvl 2 ewww dont want them, even though we still have a [10] in content, better than most trackers in the 7-10 bracket.

and the amount of times i have seen somome ask for a 7 tracker, with a 4 invite, and they get told to get a life.

hmm why, ok the chances are slim, but someone with an invite to the lvl7 tracker, may actually want the lvl 4 tracker, so who gives a toss.

the WTAW thread is the baine on the Bittorrent community, and its mainly just traders that cant see it. get rid of it, or change it, and Bittorrent private trackers will be a lot better place to be. (same as FST)

It is completely normal human behaviour imho. Some trackers are easy to get into. But there are trackers that are hard, very hard and almost impossible to get into because they close their doors, disable invite-systems and staff goes scouting themselves for the users they believe are best for their trackers.

so whats the point of them even being listed if the chances to get in are a big fat ZERO

saulin
08-04-2008, 05:39 PM
I think that is rather shortsighted. I don't think it is the WTAW-threads that are the reason there are traders and non-traders.

I totally disagree here man. It's the WTAW chart and thread that hypes the rare tracker and makes them popular and wanted and that's why traders exist. If this chart and thread did not exist most people would not know about these rare trackers and most likely the owners of the trackers would even have open signups and people would not value them as they do because I personally don't think they are the best trackers at all.

However thanks to FST and the WTAW thread it's that there are s many traders and anti traders.

Disme
08-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Sorry but in normal circumstances it is just a question of rarity, whether there are levels or not that are clearly defined.

I believe everyone in the BT-community knows F.. or F*** or E**** are far more difficult, if not almost impossible to get into.

So automatically these hard to get ito trackers will be valued more because people cannot get in them.

It isn't just the fault of the WTAW-threads. You people give to much credit to the BT-community users, as if it wasn't their fault they are trading or non-trading, but it's all the WTAW-threads fault.

I said it ... take away the WTAW-threads and the problem will remain.

stoi
08-04-2008, 06:04 PM
change it to the content rating and it will remain, but at least it will make more sense.

i could rustle up a tracker today, have just my staff and uploaders on it, 200 members, keep it closed for 2 years, be lvl 10, woopee, we are lvl 10, but the content etc will probably still be shit. but ppl will still trade their mothers for it.

and im not saying this is the case for every or even most trackers in the WTAW thread, but im pretty sure some of them are only closed to get rarer, and to be more wanted and to get that recognition.

make it more on content and speeds etc, then they may change their attitude and open up and make a better tracker with more members.

I still hate the WTAW thread with a vengeance, its the worst thing that could have ever happened to private trackers.

mrnobody
08-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Sorry but in normal circumstances it is just a question of rarity, whether there are levels or not that are clearly defined.

I believe everyone in the BT-community knows F.. or F*** or E**** are far more difficult, if not almost impossible to get into.

So automatically these hard to get ito trackers will be valued more because people cannot get in them.

It isn't just the fault of the WTAW-threads. You people give to much credit to the BT-community users, as if it wasn't their fault they are trading or non-trading, but it's all the WTAW-threads fault.

I said it ... take away the WTAW-threads and the problem will remain.

most people don't know those "higher level" tracker until they come here.

Disme
08-04-2008, 06:12 PM

That's a valid point indeed.

yevgeny
08-04-2008, 06:13 PM
invites and their lack of supply is what creates demand or a market and invites trade, not the WTAW thread, traders would still exist without the wtaw thread. hopefully we'll see less spam on requests and trades now that there are two invite sections.

stoi
08-04-2008, 06:18 PM
why do you think invites are rare, to stop traders and sellers.

when we were lvl 4 a bcg account went for $160 on ebay, i have seen lvl 9-10 accounts go for $750 before, now we are lvl 2, we had an account on there the other week, he wanted $50 for it, he got $2 for it.

so you cant tell me this WTAW thread has nothing at all to do with Trades and selling.

if people used invites the way they are supposed to be used, then im sure for most trackers it wouldnt be a problem, but just because someone has a seedbox and can get to PU quickly (or any other higher class) does not make them a good member when it comes to giving them invites.

thats why on BCG we are going to give them to users as well, they may even be more careful than someone with a 100 buffer who got their in 2 days with a seedbox (or fast home connection)

Disme
08-04-2008, 06:20 PM

Valid but a little utopical isn't it ... you of all people should know that word spreads around very quick amonst the members of private trackers about new, other private trackers. If every member would shut the phuck up about new founded trackers there would be no knowledge of these trackers and nobody would ask for them or trade them.

kooftspc11
08-04-2008, 06:20 PM
trackers with "rare" invites are fashionable atm

Nemrod
08-04-2008, 06:24 PM
I personally hate that WTAW thing, but itīs crystal clear stated that the level is based only in rarity. No one can say itīs been fooled.
The thing is that FST is a marketplace, at least the invites and trading sections, nothing else, and if itīs needed to sacrifice the real meaning of things and twist them to fit for whatever purposes, then letīs be it.
Why are sites ranked only by rarity?. If the concept and leitmotiv here was to help people it should be based on content or an overall qualification, but not, here the levels are only based in rarity... Why, again?... I can only think: To promote and encourage massive amounts of users like crazies goats looking for what in many cases they donīt even have a clue. To the point that this site, on purpose or not, helps to create false senses of necessity. Today joins to FST a very happy user with what he has, he joins looking for whatever reason, one month later is looking like a cuckoo for things that he never knew their existence and now are almost a dead or life thing.

saulin
08-04-2008, 06:33 PM
No kidding. Is funny how users as soon as they have been here over 30 days are trading. Just as soon as they read the WTAW thread and all the trade posts. Or you will get some total newb that doesn't have any private trackers askign for FTN cause he heard is awesome haha.

Really anyone that says that the WTAW thread does not encourage trading or invite/account selling is just a stupid trader looking for rare trackers that he has no idea what they have or what they are really worth.

Those that have had just about any tracker can really say what the best trackers are and I don't mean the tiny small and nice communities bullshit some people talk about trackers when they don't have anything else good to say about a tracker.

Disme
08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
I can't stop wondering ... why do all those people claiming here that FST is shite and evil, have 1000+ posts and still remain here.

Today joins to FST a very happy user with what he has, he joins looking for whatever reason, one month later is looking like a cuckoo for things that he never knew their existence and now are almost a dead or life thing.

True ... it can have that effect on a lot of members. But considering BT is a medium of the masses lately and a lot of unmature people use it it's no wonder they act like that.

saulin
08-04-2008, 06:40 PM
I can't stop wondering ... why do all those people claiming here that FST is shite and evil, have 1000+ posts and still remain here.

You are wrong. FST is not shit and eveil but a lot of trackers do think so. BitmeTV is a good example. Is just the trader section that is full of morons. This site has a lot of forums besides the bitorrent section though and it can be very helpful for many people.

KennyX
08-04-2008, 06:43 PM
i could rustle up a tracker today, have just my staff and uploaders on it, 200 members, keep it closed for 2 years, be lvl 10, woopee, we are lvl 10, but the content etc will probably still be shit. but ppl will still trade their mothers for it.

Not true. It would go to level three just like FileList.org. Or become one of the mythical trackers like 'horse porn' (if it still even exists) and not be on the WTAW list at all.

I agree with yevgeny that it is all about supply and demand.

edit:

I wonder this as well. If it annoys them so much then why come to the BitTorrent section at all?

Nemrod
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM

If this comment is related to me Iīll say to you that Iīve never said this site is shit. As a matter of fact itīs like an university, you can go there to learn, to sell or buy drugs, to look for girls or just for having fun. You choose what you want to do, your career, your mates, youīll have wonderful and lame teachers, itīs your choice select those things you find more useful and worthy.
I have many reasons for being grateful to FST, but that does not mean I have to agree with everything.

Duckater
08-04-2008, 06:46 PM
True ... it can have that effect on a lot of members. But considering BT is a medium of the masses lately and a lot of unmature people use it it's no wonder they act like that.

This may be part the reason a lot of sites hate give aways and trades etc at places like fst

saulin
08-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Not true. It would go to level three just like FileList.org. Or become one of the mythical trackers like 'horse porn' (if it still even exists) and not be on the WTAW list at all.

I agree with yevgeny that it is all about supply and demand.

Are you blind or you just don't want to see?

Mmm a while ago there were some new trackers that of course don't exist anymore cause they didn't want to open the doors. Shit, what were the names??

Oh yeah RTS was one of them. It was total crap, a small user database and a dead tracker. It was very new and it was rated like level 4-5 I think. And guess what, people would say. it's a nice tracker, it has potential etc... Just because it was rated higher than good trackers like TL or BCG.

Seriously a tracker that is already good like BCG could kill all the users and leave mmm maybe 500 and close the doors for 1 year and it's level 10, of course it would not be as good as it is now that way.

deadalive1
08-04-2008, 06:51 PM

This may be part the reason a lot of sites hate give aways and trades etc at places like fst

Agreed, the maturity level here isn't at an all-time high, unfortunately.

seppypom
08-05-2008, 01:41 AM

"repectable user".

part III coming soon;)

Let that be a lesson, those that threaten to make future long posts will be banned :LOL::P

th0r
08-05-2008, 01:50 AM
I can't stop wondering ... why do all those people claiming here that FST is shite and evil, have 1000+ posts and still remain here.my excuse would be for the endless entertainment at the expense of others; yes, i know how terrible that sounds, but everyone seems to make their way sooner or later so why not sit back and enjoy the shitstorm of barters-gone-wrong, said-member-is-a-cheater catfights, tracker-versus-tracker quarrels, and the occasional banning, amirite?

additionally, i offer support and consulting of certain select trackers

oh, and the smilies, too

:yup:

SgtMajor
08-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Lesson learned, just don't phuck with the canucks!

yevgeny
08-05-2008, 01:54 AM
what is it with bit torrent and long winded essays..this week.

Artemis
08-05-2008, 07:28 AM
I can't stop wondering ... why do all those people claiming here that FST is shite and evil, have 1000+ posts and still remain here.my excuse would be for the endless entertainment at the expense of others; yes, i know how terrible that sounds, but everyone seems to make their way sooner or later so why not sit back and enjoy the shitstorm of barters-gone-wrong, said-member-is-a-cheater catfights, tracker-versus-tracker quarrels, and the occasional banning, amirite?

oh, and the smilies, too

:yup:

Oh so very true, FST is my soap opera :naughty:

Disme
08-05-2008, 08:03 AM
What I am really curious about is if you 1000+ posters and FST-bashers came here after you got into all the trackers you ever wanted or after.

There might be some of you that arrived here only after they've established themselves in the communities they wanted, but I have the impression there are lots of complainers that got their head-start here at FST and now that they have all they want, do forget where they came from.

I do agree that this board has an enormous entertainment value and it is actually fun browsing and reading some of the stupidities that are posted. But I do admit there are a lot of very good Bittorrenters in here that help you out and contribute here and on a lot of private trackers.

But as I said before BT has become the medium of the masses, thus attracting a whole lot of morrons, dishonest people, twats, cunts, scammers, etc ... just like in real life.

Imho this board is just a reflection of the real world, where greed, envy and dishonesty rule, like they do in real life.

th0r
08-05-2008, 08:39 AM
What I am really curious about is if you 1000+ posters and FST-bashers came here after you got into all the trackers you ever wanted or after.not me! actually, i believe i found out about FST in a rather negative way on TPG when i joined a tracker that required a TPG membership a looong time ago; i forgot which tracker, though, and i really wish TPG was more active, it is such a wonderful community

through the course of almost 4 consecutive years of torrenting and designing for several torrent trackers such as SceneReactor, ScL, OiNK, ScT and FSC, i have rightfully networked (e.g. making e-friends and designing shit for free) my way into memberships of my interest without trading, attracting attention by whoring mass invites, or begging random users for invites behind closed doors

There might be some of you that arrived here only after they've established themselves in the communities they wantedoh absolutely; i did not join this forum to flaunt my memberships like a wad of small bills with a bigger bill on the outside, but as i said earlier as a source of entertainment, social commentary, and occasionally some consulting and an extra invite behind-the-scenes for qualified members/friends who just happened to be members here

But I do admit there are a lot of very good Bittorrenters in here that help you out and contribute here and on a lot of private trackers.currently, i suppose; i can only really think of less than 5 of such members off the top of my head, there used to be a lot more, and with the community rep title long abbolished, it seems there are less and less of those types of members here as time goes on and/or maybe the senior posters are just getting bored

Disme
08-05-2008, 09:26 AM
not me! actually, i believe i found out about FST in a rather negative way on TPG when i joined a tracker that required a TPG membership a looong time ago; i forgot which tracker, though, and i really wish TPG was more active, it is such a wonderful community

No need to explain your situation th0r , I wasn't talking about you, I know you aren't one of those :)

currently, i suppose; i can only really think of less than 5 of such members off the top of my head, there used to be a lot more, and with the community rep title long abbolished, it seems there are less and less of those types of members here as time goes on and/or maybe the senior posters are just getting bored

Or maybe the new members had to learn the hard way to separate their FST live from their private-tracker-life. Not everybody uses the same username in both 'worlds' ;)

Anyway ... the more people use BT, the more newbs join here and some of them (or should I say a lot) ruine it for the rest and give FST such a bad rep.
I guess the senior posters already evolved in a way that they are fed up with the behaviour of the 'juniors'.

th0r
08-05-2008, 09:44 AM
i do not claim to be a senior poster nor am i a senior member of this forum, but i do consider myself a senior resident of the BitTorrent business (right rachael? stupid whore lol)

in all honesty, nowadays i am really sick of everything that is BitTorrent: the lawsuits, the barter races, the level pyramid, invites, seeding, posting in the forums, keeping memberships alive . . . i am a member of 3 or 4 top-tier trackers and i am recently finding myself trying to make time to even access those accounts just so that they do not die

what is happening to me?

Duckater
08-05-2008, 10:04 AM
i do not claim to be a senior poster nor am i a senior member of this forum, but i do consider myself a senior resident of the BitTorrent business (right rachael? stupid whore lol)

in all honesty, nowadays i am really sick of everything that is BitTorrent: the lawsuits, the barter races, the level pyramid, invites, seeding, posting in the forums, keeping memberships alive . . . i am a member of 3 or 4 top-tier trackers and i am recently finding myself trying to make time to even access those accounts just so that they do not die

what is happening to me?

That all sounds so familiar, I could not describe how I feel any better :lol:

buggyfresh
08-05-2008, 02:40 PM

what is happening to me?

I think it's called burnout - happens in almost every aspect of life when you put too much effort into any one thing...most torrenters with more than a handful of accounts get that feeling no doubt!

Duckater
08-05-2008, 03:00 PM

what is happening to me?

I think it's called burnout - happens in almost every aspect of life when you put too much effort into any one thing...most torrenters with more than a handful of accounts get that feeling no doubt!

don't think it is anything to do with the number of accounts as that is quiet easily managed, it is time spent running a site checking places like here to find traders etc that are breaking sites rules.
I know how much it can cost in real life, in my case it resulted in divorce, not so bad the divorce to be fair but worse bit is not seeing the kids anywhere near as much as I would like.

Nemrod
08-05-2008, 05:48 PM

what is happening to me?

I think you are getting older. :lol:

buggyfresh
08-05-2008, 06:18 PM

don't think it is anything to do with the number of accounts as that is quiet easily managed, it is time spent running a site checking places like here to find traders etc that are breaking sites rules.
I know how much it can cost in real life, in my case it resulted in divorce, not so bad the divorce to be fair but worse bit is not seeing the kids anywhere near as much as I would like.

Was it worth it? I'm trying to balance but wives seem to hate the internetz :huh:

Duckater
08-05-2008, 06:30 PM

Was it worth it? I'm trying to balance but wives seem to hate the internetz :huh:

Wives :O one was bad enough for me :lol:
Not sure really m8 miss the kids most the time but happy living on me own :)
Guess you got to decide how much ya marriage is worth to you :)

buggyfresh
08-05-2008, 06:50 PM
^ Fair enough duckater!

SgtMajor
08-05-2008, 07:17 PM
I bet most wives just think of "the net" as somewhere to view porn, no matter how much you try to explain, the mass media has labelled the net as pron paradise and that is the message they get in their heads, sadly.

So, conversely, if you spend time on the net, you are only surfing for pron in her mind :whistling

/me goes back to bangbrosnetwork.com

danio
08-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I bet most wives just think of "the net" as somewhere to view porn, no matter how much you try to explain, the mass media has labelled the net as pron paradise and that is the message they get in their heads, sadly.

So, conversely, if you spend time on the net, you are only surfing for pron in her mind :whistling

More commonly, i hear that i should spend more time with my irl friends instead of wasting time, communicating with "imaginary" friends on the net. Funny thing is, you hear this no matter how wide and active your irl social life is. Rules to follow: don't socialize on the net in other forms than on msn or on facebook, because then you are a geek and you will end up rotting in hell. :fst:

seppypom
08-05-2008, 09:09 PM

So you do know my wife?

Duckater
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM

More commonly, i hear that i should spend more time with my irl friends instead of wasting time, communicating with "imaginary" friends on the net. Funny thing is, you hear this no matter how wide and active your irl social life is. Rules to follow: don't socialize on the net in other forms than on msn or on facebook, because then you are a geek and you will end up rotting in hell. :fst:

Well looks like I best search for directions to hell then :lol:

seedman
08-06-2008, 01:08 AM
So, as you can probably see in my sig... I'm anti-trade. I've never traded before and I never will.

I'm anti-trade because I think that it is an incredibly selfish thing to do. When I giveaway an invite, I give it to the person so that he can enjoy the tracker, not so that he can use it as a bargaining chip to get something else.

bblogs
08-06-2008, 02:02 AM

:frusty:

If I said what I was thinking I'd probably be banned so... :shutup:

kooftspc11
08-06-2008, 02:16 AM
it seems the anti-traders are collectors just as well. whats the point of having 50 accounts if you only use 3? taking up space on a tracker is no better than giving the account to somebody who may make good use of it for at least a couple days...then gives it to somebody else. as long as the account is changing hands it is being used for something rather than collecting dust.

if your moral standards are determined by the way you behave on a filesharing site then your priorities are seriously fucked.

bblogs
08-06-2008, 02:21 AM
if your moral standards are determined by the way you behave on a filesharing site then your priorities are seriously fucked.

Pirates discussing the relation between online and real life ethics :rolleyes:

kooftspc11
08-06-2008, 02:23 AM

you missed the point completely :rolleyes:

bblogs
08-06-2008, 02:24 AM
I did?

th0r
08-06-2008, 02:26 AM
you missed the point completely :rolleyes:just share you damn point already because apparently i completely missed it too

:rolleyes:

Artemis
08-06-2008, 02:33 AM
it seems the anti-traders are collectors just as well. whats the point of having 50 accounts if you only use 3? taking up space on a tracker is no better than giving the account to somebody who may make good use of it for at least a couple days...then gives it to somebody else. as long as the account is changing hands it is being used for something rather than collecting dust.

Actually a very good point, I even questioned seedman about that in another thread :http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-ftr-306757/?
but as for the a/c being used, it depends on the type of tracker, some want a high throughput, and for those this is a good point, other trackers do want to just be a small group (and a trusted one) so for them high swarm speeds are less important, these are the less scene orientated ones where users share their own releases, so there are two sides to that coin.

But it is your final sentence that I agree the most with:whistling sadly we will not see part 3 of 1080p's epic thoughts on bit torrent, since his ass is grass & the bt mods are a lawnmower & yet this thread still burns on:naughty:

Gish
08-06-2008, 02:51 AM
I got my start on Slyck when they had invite forums and before the WIAW Thread came along and royally fucked many good people out of good invites.
two years ago I got into some great sites. if the WIAW thread came along I think I would of not gotten a chance like I did. but in the end and I have always said this, as of right now FTN and ScT are the best of the best but my good old TTi and TL give me the same thing. it is as fast with hardly any delay time from when it hits ScT to TL or TTi. the only difference I see is the fact that it is harder to seed on the top sites.
many people just don't understand this. true FTN has some packs that TTi does not but TTi has some packs that FTN does not.

I guess people just see Ratings more than anything...

kooftspc11
08-06-2008, 02:51 AM

you missed the point completely :rolleyes:

my statement wasn't aimed towards piracy but towards this forum...hence, the reference, "filesharing site." We ARE at filesharingtalk.com, right?

so basically if the character you put forward is one that is defined by the way you behave in a public forum...you're probably not a very interesting person.

the country which I live in is based on capitalist values. i have been trading things since grade school (i.e. cd's/casettes, books, candy, etc..). all of these trades served a beneficial purpose to me at the time. im not surprised that the capitalist mentality has managed to bleed through into peoples, "torrent life."<-------by far the most fucking retarded phrase that gets thrown around in this forum.

we trade money for nearly every fucking thing we own. we traded our time to our job to earn that money...and to be quite honest, alot of things that we pay for are not nearly worth what we pay for them...but we pay anyways. trading invites or accounts isn't much different. but unlike the ridiculous amounts paid for car insurance and the other necessities of life, accounts and invites are traded (essentially bought and sold) for something that is supposedly of equal value and that value is determined by the needs/desires of another person.

btw...traders? anti-traders? cliques? omg, im back in the fucking 7th grade

Polarbear
08-06-2008, 05:32 PM
i feel sorry for traders, i really do.

nobody likes them. there's not a single tracker out there that doesn't hate them. not only staff but also the vast majority of the userbase of private bittorrent sites think they're like cancer for every tracker.

why do you think nearly every tracker forum has a section, where trades can be reported? many members take part in this hunt and help to get them banned. that's why they all have to hide. most of the time their tracker history/posts isn't even theirs. they use someone elses name and identity. not exactly a guest you would welcome to your party, right?

every single trader has been scammed, betrayed and banned from a tracker at least three times.
when they finally get one of those "high levels" they've been trading for for ages, they are scared to have lost the account everytime they log in.

let's face it traders and cheaters are the most hated individuals in the private bittorrent scene.

people who are nice, helpful and respected usually get their invites for free without even asking. damn that must hurt every trader. this frustration when you realize how not cool you are.

i've never traded once and got all my trackers for free. most of the time i didn't even have to ask. all i ever wanted - every level on that stupid list.

fst is one of the few places where traders have a lobby. they can scam, flame, spam and shine with calling people "anti-traders". in fact it's the only really big place where they can socialize with each other. where else could they do that? on their trackers? no way!

the more posts i read from people defending trading, the longer i'm a respected member of the private trackers scene, the more i feel sorry for every trader. i'm not angry about them. i just smile, lay back and pity them.

respawn40
08-06-2008, 05:41 PM
That's pretty deep ^

wheeloftime
08-06-2008, 06:42 PM

nobody likes them. there's not a single tracker out there that doesn't hate them. not only staff but also the vast majority of the userbase of private bittorrent sites think they're like cancer for every tracker.

why do you think nearly every tracker forum has a section, where trades can be reported? many members take part in this hunt and help to get them banned. that's why they all have to hide. most of the time their tracker history/posts isn't even theirs. they use someone elses name and identity. not exactly a guest you would welcome to your party, right?

every single trader has been scammed, betrayed and banned from a tracker at least three times.
when they finally get one of those "high levels" they've been trading for for ages, they are scared to have lost the account everytime they log in.

let's face it traders and cheaters are the most hated individuals in the private bittorrent scene.

people who are nice, helpful and respected usually get their invites for free without even asking. damn that must hurt every trader. this frustration when you realize how not cool you are.

i've never traded once and got all my trackers for free. most of the time i didn't even have to ask. all i ever wanted - every level on that stupid list.

fst is one of the few places where traders have a lobby. they can scam, flame, spam and shine with calling people "anti-traders". in fact it's the only really big place where they can socialize with each other. where else could they do that? on their trackers? no way!

the more posts i read from people defending trading, the longer i'm a respected member of the private trackers scene, the more i feel sorry for every trader. i'm not angry about them. i just smile, lay back and pity them.

I'm sure you have made mistakes in other areas of your life, everybody has, but you learn from them and move on.
Some of us have made mistakes when we first found this site, others like yourself, already knew all the reasons why trading was a bad idea.
I'm not defending trading but I don't see it as a reason for hating people or pitying them.

buggyfresh
08-06-2008, 06:58 PM

So nice to know I'm not alone in this imaginary virtual world lol! Not to say pr0n wasn't a pit-stop along the lines of growing up with the PC, but at this stage it's not the focus..but unless your wife is a techhy there's no explaining it.

xnugx
08-06-2008, 06:59 PM

I'm sure you have made mistakes in other areas of your life, everybody has, but you learn from them and move on.
Some of us have made mistakes when we first found this site, others like yourself, already knew all the reasons why trading was a bad idea.
I'm not defending trading but I don't see it as a reason for hating people or pitying them.

lol, this is getting too religious.

Swift
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
i did a mistake and lost a great tracker now i sence the cosequence

ghurka
08-06-2008, 08:20 PM

the more posts i read from people defending trading, the longer i'm a respected member of the private trackers scene, the more i feel sorry for every trader. i'm not angry about them. i just smile, lay back and pity them.So true mate.

I feel those who are the true traders and don't give a shit how they get into a site as long as they get in will never really feel part of a community. They may think that it is so 1337 to get into certain sites....but who can they tell. They can't post in the "hello" thread if it's an old account, they can't really join in IRC and have to keep a really low profile.

So is it all really worth it at the end of the day....

deadalive1
08-06-2008, 08:24 PM

Very well said Polarbear, couldn't agree more. :yup:

seedman
08-06-2008, 11:39 PM

Actually a very good point, I even questioned seedman about that in another thread :http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-ftr-306757/?
but as for the a/c being used, it depends on the type of tracker, some want a high throughput, and for those this is a good point, other trackers do want to just be a small group (and a trusted one) so for them high swarm speeds are less important, these are the less scene orientated ones where users share their own releases, so there are two sides to that coin.

But it is your final sentence that I agree the most with:whistling sadly we will not see part 3 of 1080p's epic thoughts on bit torrent, since his ass is grass & the bt mods are a lawnmower & yet this thread still burns on:naughty:

It is quite wrong for you to assume that since I have a relatively large number of trackers that I do not use them all and love them all. I value each of my trackers and they all present different benefits and things to bring to the table. I would have no desire to trade any of them and even if I did, I have a greater respect for the tracker and my inviter to do that.

Do not be so quick to assume that since I have some favicons in my sig that I don't cherish each of them and use the accounts frequently.

avoozl
08-07-2008, 04:53 AM
I consider myself to be an anti-trader, and I have never been a trader. I choose to label myself as an anti-trader because I am against trading.

I have a number of accounts at "high-level" BT trackers (whatever that means) that I have obtained strictly by being a nice guy, maintaining a good ratio, etc.

kooftspc11
08-07-2008, 05:04 AM
I consider myself to be an anti-trader, and I have never been a trader. I choose to label myself as an anti-trader because I am against trading.

I have a number of accounts at "high-level" BT trackers (whatever that means) that I have obtained strictly by being a nice guy, maintaining a good ratio, etc.

nobody cares

seedman
08-07-2008, 06:11 AM

nobody cares

there's no reason to be a troll. he's just putting in his two cents about why you don't need to trade.

Artemis
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
nobody cares

there's no reason to be a troll. he's just putting in his two cents about why you don't need to trade.

It's very simple, to me having all those favicons in a sig is bragging, I have zero respect for that & seriously doubt your intentions. But kooftspc11 is my favorite troll, and at least she usually has something to say in her (brief) posts.

Disme
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
she usually has something to say in her (brief) posts.

This must be the exception than :rolleyes:
I call this post rude, immature and utterly pointless ... but hey, who the phuck am I :wacko:

wheeloftime
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM

When I'm on this site I pretend to my wife that I'm surfing for porn. If she knew I'd been ignoring her and the kids to discuss the rights and wrongs of torrent sites - well, she wouldn't understand (when I write it down it doesn't make much sense to me either).

danio
08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
having sig's saying anti-trader or non-trader, or making giveaways as a means to boost their rep points etc. just tells me that the person insecure of himself and unable to prove himself a genuine and good guy through his posting. instead he turns to useless stats and labels as a lame attempt to prove himself worthy of what he wants.

regarding having alot of bars/favicons in your sig.. yep, i'm afraid you are an attention whore with an errected e-penis :S

kooftspc11
08-07-2008, 06:17 PM
she usually has something to say in her (brief) posts.

I call this post rude, immature and utterly pointless ... but hey, who the phuck am I :wacko:

nobody

th0r
08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
we can forgive you if you are going through your cycles at the moment, but if you are being a trolling bitch for no reason then cut it out and contribute something to the discussion

kooftspc11
08-07-2008, 10:36 PM
we can forgive you if you are going through your cycles at the moment, but if you are being a trolling bitch for no reason then cut it out and contribute something to the discussion

my points have already been stated. i am now simply riding on the coat-tails of boredom

th0r
08-08-2008, 02:08 AM
go be bored somewhere else with a webcam and a blunt object

win-win for all of us, amirite?

outfromdeep
08-08-2008, 02:53 AM
having sig's saying anti-trader or non-trader, or making giveaways as a means to boost their rep points etc. just tells me that the person insecure of himself and unable to prove himself a genuine and good guy through his posting. instead he turns to useless stats and labels as a lame attempt to prove himself worthy of what he wants.

regarding having alot of bars/favicons in your sig.. yep, i'm afraid you are an attention whore with an errected e-penis :S
:O so true true +100x:lol::lol:

[quote=kooftspc11;2922396]

we trade money for nearly every fucking thing we own. we traded our time to our job to earn that money...and to be quite honest, alot of things that we pay for are not nearly worth what we pay for them...but we pay anyways. trading invites or accounts isn't much different. but unlike the ridiculous amounts paid for car insurance and the other necessities of life, accounts and invites are traded (essentially bought and sold) for something that is supposedly of equal value and that value is determined by the needs/desires of another person.

btw...traders? anti-traders? cliques? omg, im back in the fucking 7th grade
:thumbsup:. Well said. Nothing is free in this world:whistling
as wheeloftime said "Trading shouldn't be a reason for hating people or pitying them". Well above post represent such things:D

Anti-Trading gives rise to trading. vice versa.

puckface
08-08-2008, 05:48 AM
go be bored somewhere else with a webcam and a blunt object

win-win for all of us, amirite?

may be a loss, you never know.

bblogs
08-08-2008, 05:52 AM

Wrong.

I hope assumptions aren't sneaking into your flawless discussions, PB :fear:

puckface
08-08-2008, 06:14 AM

Wrong.

I hope assumptions aren't sneaking into your flawless discussions, PB :fear:

word

th0r
08-08-2008, 06:15 AM
may be a loss, you never know.i know, i have seen her picture; it would definitely not be a loss, at least for me, anyways

puckface
08-08-2008, 06:17 AM
may be a loss, you never know.i know, i have seen her picture; it would definitely not be a loss, at least for me, anyways

good enough, I was not aware of your inside information.

share with the class.

th0r
08-08-2008, 06:22 AM
i deleted them a while ago, but she is pretty cute

i see you lurking benchface, come out of that dark and sticky cave of yours

seedman
08-08-2008, 06:25 AM

10 points for outright disrespect for women.

bblogs
08-08-2008, 06:27 AM

20 for disrespect for Kooftscp

kooftspc11
08-08-2008, 06:29 AM

lol stfu

Kyl3KK
08-08-2008, 06:37 AM
fucknuggets

http://www.filehurricane.com/photos/73200723948PM_lol.jpgSo did I. Quite hard for 2:37AM too.

Artemis
08-08-2008, 08:38 AM

lol stfu

Awwww look your famous :naughty:

Disme
08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
nobody

I guess they didn't teach you the principles of rhetorical questions in school yet :rolleyes: .

i know, i have seen her picture;

I've also seen her picture yet, it's on some private trackers in 'Jailbait no nudity' :dabs:

NZBZ4U
08-08-2008, 12:17 PM
change it to the content rating and it will remain, but at least it will make more sense.

and im not saying this is the case for every or even most trackers in the WTAW thread, but im pretty sure some of them are only closed to get rarer, and to be more wanted and to get that recognition.

make it more on content and speeds etc, then they may change their attitude and open up and make a better tracker with more members.

I still hate the WTAW thread with a vengeance, its the worst thing that could have ever happened to private trackers.

+1

That damn WTAW thread got me a while back....must have a level 9,10
ect.They have nothing more than what other trackers have what a waist of time.

Only trackers i need is TL,RevTT,Bitgamer,UG,BCG,Waffles,WhatCD,Fileporn,BitmeTV that pretty much covers all categorys :)

Have a nice day all

kooftspc11
08-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Only trackers i need is TL,RevTT,Bitgamer,UG,BCG,Waffles,WhatCD,Fileporn,BitmeTV

lol emphasis on, "only"

Benjamin
05-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Invites are given to you to recruit good users based on your own judgment. You give an invite to someone with the tracker in mind, not for personal gain. I'm not about to put up an anti-trader sig or anything like that, I'm just saying that's how it should be, I could care less what people do really it's not my job to enforce trackers rules.

I do shake my head sometimes when I read some of the threads here, trackers should be listed based on content rating only in my opinion. People just don't realize that some sites have a closed community, and they don't want you. Infact, they probably wish you'd burn in hell for creating a thread about them.

IdolEyes787
05-25-2009, 04:20 PM
People just don't realize that some sites have a closed community, and they don't want you. In fact, they probably wish you'd burn in hell for creating a thread about them.

I wish that they would burn in Hell for wishing that I would burn in hell, so there.:dry:

SonsOfLiberty
05-26-2009, 03:05 AM

"repectable user".

part III coming soon;)

aVj7TRAu9iU