PDA

View Full Version : What the FECK is up with BMTV?

The Flying Cow
08-04-2008, 06:02 PM
WHAT the fuck is this racist shit.

WHY are IP's banned by country?

There better be a GOOD EXPLANATION for this shit.

I'm waiting for it.

mrnobody
08-04-2008, 06:04 PM
most users from banned countries are bad users (cheating, dupe account, trading, selling etc).

Disme
08-04-2008, 06:04 PM
To many bad apples from those countries. They decided to just ban all those countries because of the a huge amount of 'bad' users.

disconny
08-04-2008, 06:05 PM
why is everything racist...
its prejudice not racism
www.m-w.com

The Flying Cow
08-04-2008, 06:05 PM
What is that generalization mate?

I was 5 seconds from being a VIP.

Clean as they come, invited in, already had a good mate inv'ed who was making a good name for himself.

I'm sorry but that's just not good enough.

Disme
08-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Go to their IRC and ask them to park your account, until they lift the ban, if they ever do that.
Although I believe you should be VIP to avoid your account being disabled due to inactivity.

Good luck.

Their irc for that kind of problems is:
irc://irc.bitmetv.org/bitmetv.help

mrnobody
08-04-2008, 07:02 PM

/me awaits stoi's post with bunch of stat and figures about Brazilian cheaters on BCG :whistling

SgtMajor
08-04-2008, 07:05 PM

/me awaits stoi's post with bunch of stat and figures about Brazillians

I like a girl with a Brazilian :whistling

Nemrod
08-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Israel, Poland, Romania, Portugal, Brazil, Egypt... those are the countries that are having more problems... Racism?... it would be racism against human race.

#Palestinian#
08-04-2008, 07:12 PM

I'm waiting for it.

what country are u from ??
just to add ur country on the list

kooftspc11
08-04-2008, 07:14 PM
who says there has to be a good explanation for banning a country?

its not a fucking democracy...move on

The Flying Cow
08-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Israel, Poland, Romania, Portugal, Brazil, Egypt... those are the countries that are having more problems... Racism?... it would be racism against human race.

More like prejudice against a certain country. Sure there are a lot of coonts flying about the intranets, we all know that.

But banning a whole country over the behaviour of a few shady crooks just sounds harsh to me. I mean what about the very respectful and law-abiding Joes of those countries?

There are many of those too.

How do you think they rationalise about it?

SgtMajor
08-04-2008, 07:35 PM
They don't.

They don't have to.

As much as I like you, you will just have to deal with it and find alternatives, or use a seedbox or VPN with remote access.

Usenet is cheaper than a seedbox, and along with TVT.com will do you just fine :whistling

BamZow
08-04-2008, 07:36 PM
banning a whole country over the behaviour of a few shady crooks just sounds harsh to me.

Those countries are heavy over represented regarding traders, cheaters, whatever, and not a few, as you make it sound like.

WarrenBuffet
08-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Why are you moaining? Go to their IRC and explain yourself. Every reasonable tracker, and yes, even bitmetv will listen.

WarrenBuffet
Why are you moaining? Go to their IRC and explain yourself. Every reasonable tracker, and yes, even bitmetv will listen.

WarrenBuffet

integral
08-04-2008, 07:47 PM
It's odd how certain countries just have an abundance of traders/cheaters/scammers, like how Nigeria is the most notorious country for credit card fraud. Well, BMTV is a private site, so they can do as they please. I've heard of some cases where they've put exceptions in the ban for certain people, so you might as well go on IRC and plead your case.

Skiz
08-04-2008, 07:52 PM

You can say that again.

The Flying Cow
08-04-2008, 07:54 PM

You can say that again.

He was just highlighting his point, I s'pose.

:rolleyes:

ahcorac72
08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I think completely unfair banned all ip's in a particular country.
Not all members of that country are bad members, by contrast are good members.
They should be banned all bad members and maintain the good members.
For example in my situation, they banned all ipīs from my country, where many members are really good members.

dunson
08-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Ouch. I hope this works out for you buddy because I know you're a good user. ;)

Raban
08-04-2008, 07:58 PM

i think you're a bit out of the loop (+.[___]·:·)

i haven't seen them giving anyone an exemption from these country bans... the line i've seen most is tough luck everyone there pays the price

mrnobody
08-04-2008, 08:07 PM
How do you think they rationalise about it?

they can do whatever they want, can't they? Afterall, we, pirates, are just a guest to torrent tracker.

If you don't like it, you can find another home for shelter, hint *tvt* hint.

More like prejudice against a certain country. Sure there are a lot of coonts flying about the intranets, we all know that.

But banning a whole country over the behaviour of a few shady crooks just sounds harsh to me. I mean what about the very respectful and law-abiding Joes of those countries?

There are many of those too.

banning the whole country is LOT easier than filtering out bad from good apples.

if i remember correctly, stoi said something like, out of 100 Brazilians that sign up, 2 are good users :whistling

flamers
08-04-2008, 08:08 PM
oh well.

colbert
08-04-2008, 08:09 PM
If you are a good user, maybe they might make an exception, but knowing BMTV I doubt it. They are anal about following rules there.

mafija
08-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Well,tv.torrents.ro is almost good as bitmetv,so you have alternative.

The Flying Cow
08-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Meh. I don't like the other alternatives. BMTV has a lotta rare shite I was keen on grabbing once I'd laid out the cement foundation (sexy buffer creation).

Oh well. A kind mod told me they could exempt me if I got a static IP. No can do, so that's that. Apparement they'll lift the ban eventually.

Just can't see what the purpoise of doing the ban was in the first instance then, if they intend to lift it.

ElGatonPirata
08-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I've just signed up this last weekend... :lol: That's tough luck. :P

kooftspc11
08-04-2008, 08:33 PM
what the fuck does FECK mean?

The Flying Cow
08-04-2008, 08:36 PM

Fecking is what I do with your mam some nights.

kooftspc11
08-04-2008, 08:46 PM

Fecking is what I do with your mam some nights.

i really doubt it

DeadCell
08-04-2008, 08:49 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=feck

exactly the same as 'fuck' but so much more fun to use.

originating from Ireland and put to great and hilarious use in the excellent show 'Father Ted', mainly by Father Jack, it is an excellent way to swear, as you can express exactly the same amount of frustration that you would through using 'fuck', but you don't get in trouble - great!
"FECK OFF!"

"feck this, i'm off to the pub"

djkamikaze
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
it's like a cancer. when you cut out a cancer, you usually destroy some healthy tissue as well. the few good members from those countries are being sacrificed for the good of the many. Those countries have dynamic IP addresses which results in the banned bad members, cheats, account sellers, etc just coming back to a new account within hours of being banned.

If you have a static IP address (or can get one) I've seen them open a hole through IP bans for a good member hundreds of times. So if you really were about to reach VIP status, I can see them opening a hole in the bans for your IP address. HOWEVER, coming and posting about it here and calling them racists probably hurts your chances of that.

Now, is it fair? no. show me the rule where it says the internet is fair. It's a torrent site, get over it and quit whining. The "racist" label is fucking ridiculous and every time I hear ignorant idiots mis-use it, I am annoyed.

I know they had over 300 Portuguese cheaters and traders and multiple accounts show up from that 24 hours of open signups they did a few days ago. I suppose they are human and became annoyed at people from portugal. I know I would have. It's like some asshole coming to your house and pissing all over your walls, you'd probably throw him out too.

ahcorac72
08-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Ouch. I hope this works out for you buddy because I know you're a good user. ;)

I donīt know is this was for me, but if yes, thanks for this words, i really appreciated, m8 :happy:
But still without acess.

flamers
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
it's like a cancer. when you cut out a cancer, you usually destroy some healthy tissue as well. the few good members from those countries are being sacrificed for the good of the many. Those countries have dynamic IP addresses which results in the banned bad members, cheats, account sellers, etc just coming back to a new account within hours of being banned.

If you have a static IP address (or can get one) I've seen them open a hole through IP bans for a good member hundreds of times. So if you really were about to reach VIP status, I can see them opening a hole in the bans for your IP address. HOWEVER, coming and posting about it here and calling them racists probably hurts your chances of that.

Now, is it fair? no. show me the rule where it says the internet is fair. It's a torrent site, get over it and quit whining. The "racist" label is fucking ridiculous and every time I hear ignorant idiots mis-use it, I am annoyed.

I know they had over 300 Portuguese cheaters and traders and multiple accounts show up from that 24 hours of open signups they did a few days ago. I suppose they are human and became annoyed at people from portugal. I know I would have. It's like some asshole coming to your house and pissing all over your walls, you'd probably throw him out too.

I think what you actually mean is cutting off your leg because of a canerous toe, different situation.

Dr0
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Just go rent a cheap shell, then ssh tunnel. Which is what most of the bad users will do anyway.

Ali-g
08-04-2008, 09:34 PM
emmm.... probably its their own site and that can do anything they want :whistling
Anyway if u were a user (meaning not u couldnt sign up cuz of ur country) then probably they have a good reason, check urself maybe uve done something wrong, and dont know it and/or dont wanna see it.
Go to their IRC. U should find help with M

SenorBubbz
08-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Cheating.

I summed it up in one word, how awesome am I?

JenSenCO
08-04-2008, 09:46 PM
its a shame that good users which there are must suffer for all the bad ones but bitmetv had to do these global bans for a site to function properly.
if you are on one of these lists i feel sorry for you because bitmetv really is an owesome site for tv shows, but that again, nothing that tv.torrents cannot replace!

flamers
08-04-2008, 09:49 PM
proxies anyone.

Raban
08-04-2008, 10:16 PM
proxies anyone.

if you're caught using a proxy you can expect a ban for sure .. . .. .

the guy 'computergeek' who runs BMTV seems quite savvy when it comes to tech stuff so i wouldn't risk it

integral
08-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Will you be using a public proxy on your torrent client as well? I wonder how fast your speeds will be then..

Duckater
08-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Only form of proxy I would ever recomend is one set up on a linux server that is a seed box, but navigation around the site is then usually very slow
But when done like that no diff than using a windows server and not found a site ban some one for that yet :)

MegLeetch
08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
that is not fair, i don't make anything wrong for be banned...
just because some people are bad user's i was banned.
i hope bitmetv staff review this matter...
If they follow this policy, they will ultimately ban all Ip's. all country's have bad users.

SenorBubbz
08-04-2008, 11:16 PM
If they follow this policy, they will ultimately ban all Ip's. all country's have bad users.

Some countries have more bad users than others.

AKA. the countries that were banned.

MegLeetch
08-04-2008, 11:46 PM

but its not necessary be so drastic. just don't recruit new portugueses members and leave the others in the community.

integral
08-04-2008, 11:59 PM

but its not necessary be so drastic. just don't recruit new portugueses members and leave the others in the community.

Get a static IP then. :)

flamers
08-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Is there some list, or stats for "black listed" countries, like percent of bad users or something, or is it just purely arbitrary.

ahcorac72
08-05-2008, 12:49 AM

But the bad users are from all countries, as good users.
So it is not fair, banned all users (good users too) just because other users from same country are really bad users.
The solution, in my opinion, is banned just bad uses, and keep good members, and for this just ipīs of this users should be banned.

Funkin'
08-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Seriously, bmtv isn't the only game in town. So I really wouldn't be too upset about this. As someone else pointed out, use Tvt.com, or Usenet. If you really care about pre's, you'll get every new show about an hour earlier off of newsgroups before they hit bmtv. And Tvt.com has just as much content.

tjbzonasul
08-05-2008, 05:09 AM
I am brazilian user, and I can fairly say that a few sites, including friends from FST, really have some type of ban or prejudice against all Brazilian users, and maybe users from other countries.

I know lots of users in my country are cheaters but, anyway, I know I am not and I feel I could also get pissed off when this occurs :) Its a shame that good users suffer for the bad ones...

Just to clarify, BMTV even has Brazilian sysops, so it is fair to say that I do not believe they have "country based" bans

djkamikaze
08-05-2008, 05:42 AM
not in those kinds of numbers... 5% of all new members from their open signup were banned within 48 hours of joining for cheating or having more than one account, and almost ALL of those were from portugal, turkey and brazil, and all within 48 hours of joining.

there are about 6 or 7 countries that account for the vast majority of shady crap that goes on @ bittorrent trackers, and by banning them, the cheating becomes managable.

since they are allowing good established members with static IP's through the range bans, I say it's a good idea.

BMTV even has Brazilian sysopsand he agrees that banning brazil is a good idea, lol

the simple thing to remember is that the percentages of various countries are not evenly distributed when it comes to the bad members, most countries account for 1% (at most) of the cheats and account traders, with a small group accounting for upwards of 80-90% of these problem-members.

DikTation
08-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Maybe because of a trade,cheat.etc..

also think i read somewhere if certain country's are against torrenting it they block IP's from that country.. just think i read that somewhere not sure where though...

aaatoel
08-05-2008, 08:38 AM
I understand that many people feel frustrated about it, I would feel the same way If I were in their place, but it is their site and so are the rules. It is sad that many good users were banned just because their fellows from their countries are bad users... But I read a very interesting idea above. Why not stop accepting users from these countries, and take care the ones already in?

MegLeetch
08-05-2008, 08:57 AM
my problem was been solved.
try in Irc if you have static ip they will help you.

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
08-06-2008, 05:47 AM
I honestly hope you will be able to do something about this my friend... =/

Man1923
08-06-2008, 11:52 AM
PEOPLE ! USE http://tv.torrents.ro/i

antonioli
08-06-2008, 01:26 PM
And if i don't have a static ip and i don't want pay for that (static ip)?:blink:

MegLeetch
08-06-2008, 01:33 PM
i think yes, but try speak to staff they have all answers do you whant.

Swift
08-06-2008, 01:39 PM
this is what happens when they open signup

xxxfafaxxx
08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Now you can feel exactly like we feel for being country-banned from not only one tracker.
Do we come here and whine?

djkamikaze
08-06-2008, 07:13 PM
And if i don't have a static ip and i don't want pay for that (static ip)?:blink:

then torrent elsewhere. they don't want you there. get over it, it's not as if everyone with internet access has some right to be there.

It is sad that many good users were banned just because their fellows from their countries are bad usersif there are more bad users than good users from that country, then I think it's a good idea to ban the whole damn country.

Now you can feel exactly like we feel for being country-banned from not only one tracker.
Do we come here and whine?
EXACTLY! the good torrenters from poland and romania have started up their own torrent trackers. I believe that's why there are so many romanian and polish torrent sites.

antonioli
08-07-2008, 02:07 AM
then torrent elsewhere. they don't want you there. get over it, it's not as if everyone with internet access has some right to be there.

Don't confuse a situation of banned ip range (of my country) because bad users, and my (and others users) situation, clear?
It is funny when you say that "they don't want me there" when you don't know anything about that, specifically when i talk with mods and i have a contrary "sensation"... :lol:

f@flot
08-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Iwas expecting that it would happen at a random time.
Nothing u can do about it.they don't care about "what you think", and they definately don't care about FST :)
Not that their content can't be downloaded at somewhere else.

internazionale 1908
08-07-2008, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by djkamikaze http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../../images/buttons_fst/viewpost.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../t-what-feck-up-bmtv-306585-post2923170)

@antonioli dont give him any credit... For same people is all white and black without something in in the middle! move on people! its sad but is not the end of the world!

have fun enjoy life. the world isnt over because of that :yes:

seedman
08-07-2008, 06:23 AM
They're not trying to be racist- they can only go off of statistics. If a majority of users from a certain country are cheating- they do what they think is necessary to do to secure the tracker.

But to me, it seems a country wide ban is a bit rash and lazy.

mossy123
08-07-2008, 08:00 AM
I have an idea. Give your account to me and I will carry on using it for you. I mean its a shame to let a good account go to waste. RFLOL :)

internazionale 1908
08-07-2008, 11:21 AM
@seedman I didnt talk about racism. Was just an expression because some people dont have middle term... I am not against anyone.

ps: I am not giving my account because I already talk to staff they are not againt everyone. only are trying to countain the problem this way but in long term other measures can or will be apply to save the most users who were already there and had never been such problems

cheers

mafija
08-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm just curious;).What is the most usual speed conection in Portugal and Brasil?:ermm:

internazionale 1908
08-07-2008, 11:43 AM
in Portugal the most usual I dont know but the bigest isps provides this speeds

internet adsl
download between 2Mb and 30Mb
upload between 128K and 1Mb

cheers

ElGatonPirata
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
The average speeds are 8/6/4/2Mb download and 512kb upload.

And i must say, this country ban didn't surprise me... If you don't know, i'll tell you: Portugal is a poor country. One of the poorest in Europe, our ISP's suck big time (speeds and cost ratio), most of users have 512kb of upload, most of...us can't afford seedboxes, not to mention buying official DVDs, CDs or games, and adding to that, there's something in latin mentality of getting something no matter what, to trick the system, don't pay taxes, etc, etc. I guess Brazil and Romenia can fit in this description also.

For instance, i've played for some time an online game, Enemy Territory, and i've faced cheaters from inumerous countries but, sadly, portuguese cheaters were the majority.

So, as i said, altough i think that it should be a more selective ban, i can understand the country ban and i can see bitmetv or other track doing this kind of bans to see if we "learn" how to behave from now on...

antonioli
08-07-2008, 12:43 PM
@antonioli dont give him any credit... For same people is all white and black without something in in the middle! move on people! its sad but is not the end of the world!

have fun enjoy life. the world isnt over because of that :yes::cheers:

mafija
08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Portugal is a poor country. One of the poorest in Europe
:lol:

Man its not a truth:O

internazionale 1908
08-07-2008, 01:02 PM
The average speeds are 8/6/4/2Mb download and 512kb upload.

And i must say, this country ban didn't surprise me... If you don't know, i'll tell you: Portugal is a poor country. One of the poorest in Europe, our ISP's suck big time (speeds and cost ratio), most of users have 512kb of upload, most of...us can't afford seedboxes, not to mention buying official DVDs, CDs or games, and adding to that, there's something in latin mentality of getting something no matter what, to trick the system, don't pay taxes, etc, etc. I guess Brazil and Romenia can fit in this description also.

For instance, i've played for some time an online game, Enemy Territory, and i've faced cheaters from inumerous countries but, sadly, portuguese cheaters were the majority.

So, as i said, altough i think that it should be a more selective ban, i can understand the country ban and i can see bitmetv or other track doing this kind of bans to see if we "learn" how to behave from now on...

Most of that is true.

But in my opinion I don't see any of those reasons justifying the behaviour of some scum. Is out there many other trackers that provide almost the same content (ok but not with the same speed and quantity of series) and is not so hard to seed on them like is in BMTV.

cheers

ElGatonPirata
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Portugal is a poor country. One of the poorest in Europe
:lol:

Man its not a truth:O

Hum? Sadly to say but it is the truth!

We've come out of a dictatorship only 30 years ago and the so called democracy only worked to fill the elite society pockets, make some highways, bridges and shopping malls.

The average wage is about 600 euros a month! An average ISP account of 8mb/512kb is 30 euros. A movie DVD is 20/25 euros. An average meal on a restaurante is 10 euros. Like a famous portuguese "politician" once said: you make the maths.

Nemrod
08-07-2008, 01:09 PM
...there's something in latin mentality of getting something no matter what, to trick the system, don't pay taxes, etc, etc....

You are absolutely right, sir.
Even if itīs not necessary to trick for getting something weīll be tempted to.:cry:

ElGatonPirata
08-07-2008, 01:19 PM
I've just remembered something, regarding football and Cristiano Ronaldo diving and the "latin mentality".

I can say to you that, for instance, during a broadcast of a portuguese league football match it's very common to hear the tv pundit saying something like this, after a player dived and getting awarded with a penalty kick: "Oh! That's brilliant the way how he managed to trick the referee and won a penalty. Very good.". I don't need to say what were the reaction of tv pundits in english football or nordic countries...

It's embebbed within our very souls. We can't get rid of it or avoid it. Unless, of course, if someone bans us... :lol:

internazionale 1908
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
there is some resentment towards the country and its citizens? so mush pessimism. clear that much is wrong but this topic is not on the situation of a nation!

eih I am an optimist by nature! But I also know that many things are going to a path with no way out ...

BOOM
08-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Can I use the site from behind a proxy?

If the site can see your real IP address you may use a proxy.

How can I access through proxy and keep my real IP address visible?!

I need some tips, please...

jokzor
08-07-2008, 06:08 PM
guys this is not the place to discuss politics, in any case portugal ain't the worst of them all, in case you don't know we are better served than the majority of the countries in matter of isps, and more, portugal teaches worldwide class engineers, and finally we see some use of that with the venezuela agreement, otherwise we wouldn't have the chance to build there and provide electronic material

ElGatonPirata
08-07-2008, 06:35 PM
guys this is not the place to discuss politics, in any case portugal ain't the worst of them all, in case you don't know we are better served than the majority of the countries in matter of isps, and more, portugal teaches worldwide class engineers, and finally we see some use of that with the venezuela agreement, otherwise we wouldn't have the chance to build there and provide electronic material

i lawled.

Nemrod
08-07-2008, 08:11 PM

Hehehehe, if you only can export or assist with technology to us let me say that you are almost so fuck** off as we actually do. Anyway, even Botswana could assist us with technology, but that agreement is not other thing that our out of minded president giving petroleum for political support. Some countries donīt care about selling their soul to the devil.
Welcome to the Friends of Venezuela Club: Bolivia, Iran, Belarus, Cuba, China, Zimbabwe and such. :lol:

internazionale 1908
08-07-2008, 11:03 PM
people off topic again??? :lol:

bblogs
08-08-2008, 06:22 AM
people off topic again??? :lol:

Back on topic then...IMO this problem is bad. In fact it's so bad that Sherman forgot to put on his cute signature at the end of his post :O

This is bad...real bad.

BOOM
08-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Can I use the site from behind a proxy?

If the site can see your real IP address you may use a proxy. How can I access through proxy and keep my real IP address visible?!

I need some tips, please...
nobody can help me? :mellow:

Tokeman
08-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Use a transparent proxy. Although if they are able to see your IP, wouldn't you still be blocked :ermm:

internazionale 1908
08-08-2008, 07:33 PM
if he goes to irc and present is case ( that is not a recent user and he allready given prove that is not a bad user) explaining that have a dynamic ip and with that proxy he would not be blocked they let him access again to the tracker using that fixed ip from that transparent proxy.

cheers

The Flying Cow
08-08-2008, 10:16 PM
IMO this problem is bad. In fact it's so bad that Sherman forgot to put on his cute signature at the end of his post :O

This is bad...real bad.

It's been incorporated, like.

Underneath.

But I agree with you full throttle. This is a disaster of chaotic proportions.

A most shameful business indeed.

seedman
08-09-2008, 12:24 AM

I'm waiting for it.

They're not trying to be racist- they can only go off of statistics. If a majority of users from a certain country are cheating- they do what they think is necessary to do to secure the tracker.

But to me, it seems a country wide ban is a bit rash and lazy.

@seedman I didnt talk about racism. Was just an expression because some people dont have middle term... I am not against anyone.

what makes you think I was talking to you?

internazionale 1908
08-09-2008, 12:58 AM
my message #66 before your post #67
For same people is all white and black without something in in the middle! move on people! its sad but is not the end of the world!it was a misunderstanding from on my part

cheers

bblogs
08-09-2008, 09:39 AM
It's been incorporated, like.

Underneath.

aww...almost tempts me to allow signatures

tralalala
08-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Hoi Shemale, I feel yer pain, Israel was banned a while back and I was pissed to the max, but got over it.. TVT has a shitload of stuff, and quite a bunch of 0day sites have packs with all the TV stuff I need.

BMTV can go to hell as far as I'm concerned :P