PDA

View Full Version : the perfect torrent pc

nista
08-05-2008, 08:47 AM
hey if u had unlimited money what would be the perfect pc/laptop for torrents....

....and if u have not that much (like me) what are the importent things u need for a good torrent pc (how many rams wich motherboard how many gigs etc,)

thanks g.

kooftspc11
08-05-2008, 08:57 AM
400 rams is the best...if you dont have 400 rams you computer will die in a week

th0r
08-05-2008, 08:59 AM
....and if u have not that much (like me) what are the importent things u need for a good torrent pc (how many rams wich motherboard how many gigs etc,)downloading files via .torrent files should not take more than a few mbs of ram; i have no idea what you download, but if you are going to buy a new computer you should consider what you download/do the most on such a computer, e.g. watching high-definition movies or playing pc games or image editing or creating digitial music or wtf/e and simply build/buy a computer around those specifications after you have done some research of course

get it?

JenSenCO
08-05-2008, 09:01 AM
havent you opened the same thread about it here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-the-perfect-pc-fpr-torrentsfilesharing-305939/?

nista
08-05-2008, 09:15 AM
thanks !!! could find it any more thougt the post were deleted...

how can i delete a topic?

danio
08-05-2008, 12:47 PM
you can't. maybe if you contact a mod and say you accidently created a dupe they will delete it.

anyways, like th0r said. it all depends on how you want to use it.

what's your internet speed?
how many torrents do you think you will keep active? 50? 500?

there is no "ultimate pc for filesharing". i would say the ultimate pc is the cheapest possible that suits all your needs at the fullest.

you need to ask yourself, how much hdd do i need? how much ram do i need in order for it to run smoothly? to answer these questions, consider the number of torrents you want to keep active on it and the speed of your internet connection. then of course if you want to use it for anything more than filesharing, other factors has to be taken into consideration.

summary: more input is needed in order to give you some real advice.