PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that I get shunned when I try to have someone help me on FTN?

FavreKing
08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
So I've been gone from torrenting in general for a few months and had trouble logging in on FTN, so I decide to go to support. FTN support used to be quite helpful, but apparently it's been overrun by egotistical morons. I attempt to ask for help, tell them what happened, kindly ask for help, but the mod chose not to help me because he didn't want to, then proceeded to ban me. I mean, I was nice, I used to be a largely contributing member, then he has to be a complete ass.

In this case it seems one rotten apple has spoiled the bunch for me.

Nemrod
08-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Nothing else you forgot to tell us? :huh:

FavreKing
08-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Nope, that's exactly what happened. I told him I was having trouble logging in after being away for a bit, then told me I was worthless, told me to leave, then banned me.

danio
08-07-2008, 11:05 PM

hehe, yeah. usually some details are left out when users have been banned and come to fst to complain about the staff :cool:.

punki_rach
08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
What are we, agony aunts?

Nemrod
08-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I have no reason for not to believe what you are saying... but it´s hard to believe that some FTN staff have done that, there are some trackers, few, that if you´ve said the same I´d probably stay quiet and in mode "reading only", but that´s not the regular behavior of any staff from there.
Anyway, I´m sure somebody will throw some more light about this.

Polarbear
08-07-2008, 11:14 PM
i'm still a supporter of a stickied, general "banned and bitching" thread.

FavreKing
08-07-2008, 11:16 PM
I have no reason for not to believe what you are saying... but it´s hard to believe that some FTN staff have done that, there are some trackers, few, that if you´ve said the same I´d probably stay quiet and in mode "reading only", but that´s not the regular behavior of any staff from there.
Anyway, I´m sure somebody will throw some more light about this.

It was SuperDec. Usually staff is real helpful, but this guy's a complete ass.

JROQuinn
08-07-2008, 11:20 PM
kinda strange you knew to come to FST to ask for help. Been here before under another alias?

FavreKing
08-07-2008, 11:23 PM
kinda strange you knew to come to FST to ask for help. Been here before under another alias?

Yeah, I used to be a member here before I took a break from torrenting for a bit. I have no idea what user name I used at the time as I've tried logging into all of them, so I just went ahead and made a new account.

jam0980tr
08-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Try to speak to *Arthur & balajik these guys are totally sound!! and they can help you..
SuperDec how comes hes not on the staff list

nemrac
08-07-2008, 11:24 PM

+1

joined today, but knows to come here to bitch...:huh:

FavreKing
08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Try to speak to *Arthur & balajik these guys are totally sound!! and they can help you..
SuperDec how comes hes not on the staff list

He banned me from IRC, so he has to be something.

kareemamir
08-07-2008, 11:57 PM

hehe, yeah. usually some details are left out when users have been banned and come to fst to complain about the staff :cool:.

delete my comment :D

That1Guy
08-08-2008, 12:08 AM
It was S*******. Usually staff is real helpful, but this guy's a complete ass.

There is a S******* in there, but he is not staff....Someone else must have banned you . . .

Edit: Well he isnt staff on the main channel, I didnt go to the support channel, he may be helping and have powers there

Edit #2: censored the name in case you choose to do the same

FavreKing
08-08-2008, 12:14 AM
It was S*******. Usually staff is real helpful, but this guy's a complete ass.

There is a S******* in there, but he is not staff....Someone else must have banned you . . .

Edit: Well he isnt staff on the main channel, I didnt go to the support channel, he may be helping and have powers there

Edit #2: censored the name in case you choose to do the same

No, it was him. He even childishly counted down before he banned me. If he's not staff, he somehow is abusing some sort of power that was given to him. I found it quite odd a staff member would behave in the way he did.

Brandon
08-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Come pm me on irc and we can talk about sorting both you and him.
I don't agree with the way this was handled if in fact it was handled in that way.

BTW, I suggest in the future you come straight to me in situations such as this (inappropriate treatment among users) rather than posting on a forum where i have no way of helping you.

FavreKing
08-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Resolved this with Brandon. My account may be gone, but at least I was right that said member/whatnot was being an ass.

Brandon
08-08-2008, 12:31 AM
He's not a staff member and doesn't represent FTN in any way ;) And if he was, he would have been removed from staff for that type of behavior long ago.

Anyways, good luck with your quest :)

th0r
08-08-2008, 02:14 AM
post the logs of your conversation with this SuperDec person

;x

Detale
08-08-2008, 02:33 AM

Yeah, I used to be a member here before I took a break from torrenting for a bit. I have no idea what user name I used at the time as I've tried logging into all of them, so I just went ahead and made a new account.

We do have a recover option you know and I'm sure someone can find it for you if you ask Reality or Skizo, maybe even DefX

jklatham3
08-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I had a time getting things straight after the malaysia deal. But, I found the right one to help me and all is good. First, I had to fgiure out how to use IRC. Grown ass man and longtime computer user and was like "wtf is IRC?":D