PDA

View Full Version : question about TBDEV

lolier
08-08-2008, 07:27 AM
does sites usually adopt the full tbdev or do some modfications to it?
I was curious about this for a long time:).
thanks for those who help and if someone can give information about websites that modified the code or even has modified code himself will be gratefully gratitude.

NO SPAM PLEASE.

stoi
08-08-2008, 07:29 AM
i think every tracker that uses TBdev has modified TBdev in one way or another.

the TBdev you can download is just the Vanilla source (bare bones if you like) it takes quite a bit of work to get that secure and add anything and everything you want to it.

lolier
08-08-2008, 07:36 AM
yeah, i have seen that, many injection, xsses, blind injections and so on, i just didn't understand why people are not going to the new gazzele(or whatever its name is).
anyway, i would like to see a modified code is possible:)

stoi
08-08-2008, 07:39 AM
what so you can hack that as well.

and gazelle is not on general release yet, I have never even seen the code for it, so most trackers cant go with gazelle because we dont have the option to go with gazelle.

and most modified tracker code will never be made available, because whatever humans make, can be hacked, and the fact, trackers dont want other trackers pinching that 1 mod that makes that tracker unique.

so i very much doubt, any tracker will give you their full code.

lolier
08-08-2008, 07:58 AM
I am not searching to hack BT sites(because i still using them:P), just curious about the variety of vulenrabilities out there.

stoi
08-08-2008, 08:00 AM
well you may be better off joining tbdev and asking there, than here in all honesty.

i still cant see anyone just handing over their entire code to you though.

Artemis
08-08-2008, 08:36 AM
A member here rvt has developed a source code for use as a public or small private tracker, you can look at the thread here: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-start-your-own-public-tracker-258950/?
He is a very senior and respected coder within the bit torrent community and one of the contributors to the tbdev mods for the tbsource. If you are wishing to look into a tracker yourself but do not have anyone that can secure the tbsource then maybe look at this code.