PDA

View Full Version : Speed Problems

SenorBubbz
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm downloading from SCT, the fastest tracker on earth right now, and I'm dowloading Beijing.Olympics.2008.Opening.Ceremony.720p.HDTV.x264-ORENJi which 90% of my peers, or more, are seedboxes.

Guess what, they are all downloading at a pretty constant 20-50 kbps to me, while the others are downloading at 5 mbps to 10 mbps. wtf?

I'm only downloading at 500 kbps to 1 mbps. That's kind of gay, no?

I have my speeds set to "optimal" settings as set by the uTorrent speedtest thing and I even set it a bit lower to see if that would help and a bit higher. This is pissing me off becuase one second I'm capping my speed (1.3-1.5 mbps) and it drops to 400 kbps out of NOWHERE.

halp?

Edit: Everyone seems to think I have a seedbox, I don't. I'm just saying, they are capping their download and I am not.

ose
08-09-2008, 03:57 PM
fst is indeed the best place to talk about it :)

puckface
08-09-2008, 04:01 PM

sorry for the spam, but that was funny

SenorBubbz
08-09-2008, 05:10 PM

It is because I would rather whine and complain about it here than the SCT forums because doing it on the SCT forums would be rather disrespectful, but of course, based on your sarcastic spam, you would know nothing of respect or manners.

Duckater
08-09-2008, 05:13 PM
So you think airing problems you are having with a download on fst is showing respect to sct:?:

SenorBubbz
08-09-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm not saying SCT is having problems, I'm saying my internet is messed up and I am requesting help for it.

stoi
08-09-2008, 05:19 PM
but if its your problem, then posting it there, would not be disrespectful surely.

anyway, what is your max download speed, are you connectable, are you maxing your upload, do they like you (that one is a joke)

it could be any number of reasons, and surely if you wanted to watch it that badly you would have just watched it like the other 5bn people around the world lol (thats a joke as well by the way)

aysomc
08-09-2008, 05:20 PM
so what you're really trying to say is..... ?

sry, had to throw out some bio-dome humor there.

IdolEyes787
08-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Only thing I can suggest is try a torrent from another site to see if the problem that you are having is restricted to Sct(although that would be unlikely).
You could reboot your seedbox to see if that helps.
And I too have been having some trouble there just not to your extent.
If it helps I understand the reasoning why you might be reluctant to post this on the ScT forums SB.

integral
08-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Maybe you have bad routing to OVH servers, which is what I'm sure the majority of peers was composed of.

Or, if you're using a seedbox, you could be having cache complications which would limit speeds.

SenorBubbz
08-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Only thing I can suggest is try a torrent from another site to see if the problem that you are having is restricted to Sct(although that would be unlikely).
You could reboot your seedbox to see if that helps.
And I too have been having some trouble there just not to your extent.
If it helps I understand the reasoning why you might be reluctant to post this on the ScT forums SB.

I don't have a seedbox, but I'll try the torrent from BMTV to see if it's really SCT.

but if its your problem, then posting it there, would not be disrespectful surely.

anyway, what is your max download speed, are you connectable, are you maxing your upload, do they like you (that one is a joke)

it could be any number of reasons, and surely if you wanted to watch it that badly you would have just watched it like the other 5bn people around the world lol (thats a joke as well by the way)

11880 Kb, I am connectable and I did watch it yesterday, on my HD television :P I just want it on my computer because I missed the first half an hour and I also want it so I can keep it as a keepsake of this year's Olympics.

------------------------------------------

Though the fluctuating speeds were annoying, after 2.5 hours of downloading, I got all 4.91 GB of data.

Thanks for the help guys, hope this doesn't happen again.

KFlint, can you close this so someone 4 months from now doesn't bump it asking for SCT help.

aysomc
08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
it wont let you close it through thread tools?

danio
08-09-2008, 06:23 PM
it wont let you close it through thread tools?

not threads outside of the invites section/s