PDA

View Full Version : stop uploading when download completes ?

condom-man
08-10-2008, 07:44 PM
can i set my utorrent client to stop uploading when download completes ? or just stop the torrent as soon as it completes download ?

why ? my isp only allows the unlimited transfer at a particular time period :cry:, otherwise they would charge shit loads of money for every MB transfered
i can start seeding manually on my allowed free transfer time .

any help would be appreciated

KennyX
08-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Yes. Go to preferences->queueing.

Change 'seed while ratio is' to 1%. Tick the 'limit the upload rate' box, and put 0 in the box to the side, which you can now put a number in, to stop it right away.

edit: this is wrong as it does not stop it immediately. Ignore it.

edit2: I dont think the scheduler allows you to set the upload to 0kB either.

SgtMajor
08-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Best is to configure (schedule) your utorrent to be only active during your free transfer time, then you can forget about it.

Preferences/scheduler will get you going.

Something Else
08-10-2008, 07:56 PM
What the Frenchman in the beret said.

condom-man
08-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Yes. Go to preferences->queueing.

Change 'seed while ratio is' to 1%. Tick the 'limit the upload rate' box, and put 0 in the box to the side, which you can now put a number in, to stop it right away.

edit: this is wrong as it does not stop it immediately. Ignore it.

edit2: I dont think the scheduler allows you to set the upload to 0kB either.

i will play with that settings for a while and let me see if any thing works

Best is to configure (schedule) your utorrent to be only active during your free transfer time, then you can forget about it.

Preferences/scheduler will get you going.

edit:

when you right click on a torrent -properties-advanced - run program (run this program when the download finishes )

is it possible to make a batch file to stop the torrent :unsure:

KennyX
08-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I forgot to repost: options->auto shutdown and choose. This will stop uTorrent the second the downloads finish.

saimer
08-10-2008, 09:43 PM
donno if you can make a batch file but there's another setting in options->autoshutdown where you can exit program when downloading complete.

edit: oops KennyX beat me!
anyway, try what SgtMajor suggested, it might be your best option unless you what to configure individual torrents.

condom-man
08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
thanks guys .. it works :)

djkamikaze
08-14-2008, 07:17 AM
doing what you are trying to do will get you banned for hit & run a most private trackers, and personally I think if you can't get an ISP that doesn't limit your upload amounts, you have no business in the bittorrent community.

apextwin146
08-14-2008, 07:30 AM
what harm does uploading do anyways unless dont have symmetric connectivity

Swift
08-14-2008, 08:37 AM
change ISP