PDA

View Full Version : Best High Quality / Lossless Music Tracker?

torrentpoptarts
08-11-2008, 03:07 AM
Although I tend to download a large variety of torrents (Movies, Anime, TV, Pronz, PC Games) my favorite type of torrents are lossless music. STMusic has been able to keep me happy for now, but their selection can sometimes be a little limited, and only some of their torrents are in FLAC format. Waffles and What.CD (to which I don't yet have an invite) seem to always have what I'm looking for, but also don't tend to have FLACs.

I'm looking for a site that focuses on high quality/lossless rips, preferably one that has obscure and hard to find CDs. Any suggestions?

integral
08-11-2008, 03:12 AM
One comes to mind that I'd say is _pretty_ hard to get into. :) If what/waffles aren't doing it for you, then I'd suggest trying to look around this forum for other such trackers. Also, you can always put up requests on what/waffles, and they may get filled. :)

Nemrod
08-11-2008, 03:15 AM
Pedroīs BT Music.

Funkin'
08-11-2008, 03:30 AM
I agree with BTmusic. Unfortunately, I"m not a member of the other well-known lossless tracker at the moment(but hope to be someday), but BTmusic has an unbelievable quality control. You can download there without having to worry about what you're getting is a perfect rip or not.

Nemrod
08-11-2008, 03:52 AM
I agree with BTmusic. Unfortunately, I"m not a member of the other well-known lossless tracker at the moment(but hope to be someday), but BTmusic has an unbelievable quality control. You can download there without having to worry about what you're getting is a perfect rip or not.

And contrary to all other music torrents I am member of, itīs really easy to keep a good ratio. Perhaps because overseeding is not allowed. :)

Funkin'
08-11-2008, 04:05 AM
^ Yep, that is another reason I love that site. I wish more sites would enforce this overseeding rule. :) I've broken 1:1 on almost every album I've downloaded there. Where at places like What/Waffles, it's hard for me to break even on even one album(not that I download much from these two sites anymore).

torrentpoptarts
08-11-2008, 05:15 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions, there were quite a lot of music sites listed on here, all of which seemed pretty nice, but I figured I'd ask the community to see what they recommended.
Pedro's BTMusic sounds like my dream come true, but I suppose if it's as good as everyone says it is, it will be very difficult to get in there, so I will have to be patient. :happy:

Fr33don
08-11-2008, 05:18 AM
E and Pedro's has the highest quantity/quality for music.

Funkin'
08-11-2008, 05:22 AM
Pedro's BTMusic sounds like my dream come true, but I suppose if it's as good as everyone says it is, it will be very difficult to get in there, so I will have to be patient. :happy:

Actually, BTmusic is nowhere near as difficult to get into as the other well known lossless tracker. I would suggest to post a request in invite section, and do your best to convince the members why you want the tracker, and that you're actually going to use and take care of your account.

torrentpoptarts
08-11-2008, 05:46 AM

Actually, BTmusic is nowhere near as difficult to get into as the other well known lossless tracker. I would suggest to post a request in invite section, and do your best to convince the members why you want the tracker, and that you're actually going to use and take care of your account.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely head on over there and see if I can do that. It may prove difficult since I don't yet have 'BTRep', but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Skiz
08-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Why not look at the stickies and judge for yourself? ;)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-trackers-offer-content-speed-pre-time-etc-post2874217/postcount4

Grind$oFine
08-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Though there are a number of reasons why a FLAC dedicated tracker is better, What and Waffles have the most FLAC albums uploaded.

WhatCD = ~50,100
Waffles = ~44,100

Even if you take out rips without a log, dupes, and torrents that aren't seeded, there's still more there.
You can see the amounts on those other trackers on Skizo's link and people will always recommend Pedro's or E, but if you're looking specifically for a bunch of random albums that you can't find at STMusic - one of the big music trackers is probably more likely to have it.

torrentpoptarts
08-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Why not look at the stickies and judge for yourself? ;)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-trackers-offer-content-speed-pre-time-etc-post2874217/postcount4

I actually looked quite thoroughly through the stickies, but still being unsure I decided to ask the jury. Also, some of the links in the stickies take me to areas that are off-limits for one reason or another. (What/Waffles) :( I'm thankful that people have taken the time and effort to produce the very helpful guides found in the stickies, but some of the information can be a little old. When in doubt, ask!

Skiz
08-11-2008, 06:09 PM
I actually looked quite thoroughly through the stickies, but still being unsure I decided to ask the jury. Also, some of the links in the stickies take me to areas that are off-limits for one reason or another. (What/Waffles) :(

All those links work fine for me. Are you saying you cannot access the Waffles or What reviews? :huh:

tarkovsky7
08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
While it is true that Pedro has the highest quality flac(all have EAC logs) they certainly do not have the most. In fact, they have far fewer than what or waffles and generally have slower download speeds. Pedro has very little indie rock, you mostly find classic rock albums from well-known artists. They seem too have a lot of classical/jazz and blues recordings too.
Bottom line, even though flac is my format of choice I still rank it below what/waffles.

tnt
08-11-2008, 06:52 PM
i heard from a friend that e**** losless standard is uncompromising but its almost impossible to get an invite

torrentpoptarts
08-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I actually looked quite thoroughly through the stickies, but still being unsure I decided to ask the jury. Also, some of the links in the stickies take me to areas that are off-limits for one reason or another. (What/Waffles) :(

All those links work fine for me. Are you saying you cannot access the Waffles or What reviews? :huh:

Yes, links to both Waffles and What (as well as MusicTorrents) cause the 'you do not have permission to access this page' error. This happens only with those three links. (I haven't tested similar links on other pages) I am definitely allowed access to the Invites section so that is not the cause. Is there something else that has been overlooked?

Villain
08-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Is it hard to get in BTmusic? I am also looking for some good lossless music.

SgtMajor
08-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Is it hard to get in BTmusic? I am also looking for some good lossless music.

No, however it's all a matter of perspective and your starting position.

Those that have been here a while and are trustworthy will get an invite within 5 mins of requesting.

Those that are untrustworthy will have to beg, steal & borrow their way in, and will take a while longer.

When the times comes for you to gain access to the invite section, make your choice after much careful consideration & deliberation which forum you enter and for what reasons :whistling

Do not however ask for any invites until you have completed your statutory grace period of 30 days.

Sagittarius
11-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Hallo! Ill be glad to get from someone invite code to BTmusic! big thanks if somebody will help to me :drummer:

brightsid
11-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Check around before asking
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-general-bittorrent-43/t-do-not-request-bittorrent-invites-section-or-you-banned-146184