PDA

View Full Version : Question for trackers sysops/admins

The Wanderer
08-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I always was curious about one thing...

What do you like more about your tracker? Is there something you don't like? Do you use it for torrenting or community beside daily management?

Do you enjoy being member of another tracker beside yours? Do you use that tracker for torrenting or community?

I'd like to read your opinion, of course if you don't mind answering. :)

Thank you. :)

DeadCell
08-11-2008, 11:39 AM
I enjoy community, PtN has a good community and I enjoy actively taking part, there is nothing i 'dont like' about it but there is always room for improvement and I like taking suggestions from any of the members and trying to apply it to the site so that they too can enjoy it to its fullest. I am heavily active in 2 or 3 other sites and take part in their communities aswell and I upload on a regular basis in them all (when my crappy server decides to actually work for once pfft).

Thats my answer :)

Trancer
08-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I love the community and the team work of my staff.I also like to talk to our users if they aren't to shy hehe.I'm staff leader yes but i'm no different than a user i'm not on a pedestal etc.The torrents come secondly for me because you can get them anywhere.I also use other sites and i have my favorites just like anyone else :)

stoi
08-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Community, 70 threads and 450 posts made daily, and 99% of those, actually mean something to the site, Pride (best damn games tracker on the planet, about time i gloated a bit). Fast downloads even on a 2 year old game, lots of seeders. easy to give back even if there are no leechers.

What i dont like about the tracker.

Lack of donors, im not greedy i dont want 50,000 members to donate every month, but 0.5% a month is pitiful. (and not all of those donate the full amount per month either, i have seen 1p go through, which would help if 50,000 members did donate lol but anyone that says that running a tracker is a money making scheme, dont know what the hell they are talking about).

Fucknuts that do not "get" the SP Mod and think its a bad thing, and do not want to download because of it.

Just fucknuts in general that dont read the rules or FAQ, get banned, then bitch on public forums about getting warned/banned to try and make us look bad.

I wish we had a better community, i know i used this above, but we can always make it better.

I do not join other trackers, for a hell of a lot of reasons.

When i first started the Private BCG, i got accused of pinching an uploader on another site, which was run by my X-Staff when I was a public site, well i didnt steal him, and they spammed my forum like crazy.

Little bit of security, for us and them.

If I am a member of 30 trackers, my IP is emblazened all over all of them, so if 1 gets taken down, they could get me that way, or if we get taken down, they know im a member of others, and will want info, if im not a member of others, I cant give info even if I wanted to.

TBDev forums, I hate the things with a vengeance, even if its the best community in the world, i still hate the layout and the look of TBdev so i wont post at all.

Duckater
08-11-2008, 09:38 PM
I always was curious about one thing...

What do you like more about your tracker? Is there something you don't like? Do you use it for torrenting or community beside daily management?

Do you enjoy being member of another tracker beside yours? Do you use that tracker for torrenting or community?

I'd like to read your opinion, of course if you don't mind answering. :)

Thank you. :)

Having some control of content and rules set, i.e. we allow any one to upload stuff got from us to other sites unlike some other sites (torrenting is ment to be about sharing), it also is run with some very good friends which really does help :)
Nothing I don't like to be honest a few bits can and are in process of being improved, and this is mainly due to what members want :)
Use the tracker and there is a good community there I get involved with.
I am member of several trackers some for the tracker some for the community and some run by friends where the community is good and I help them out where I can.

Having said all this any oe thinking of running a tracker need to remember a few things
1. Before opening a tracker you need to do a lot of research and testing.
2. Make sure you have a good staff team with you before opening then trying to get a staff team.
3. It takes a lot of time and can take considerable amount of money to get of the ground. I have had many sleepless nights due to making sure the tracker ran smoothly got the latest torrents for the members. In my case even lead towards the reason for my divorce (yes being on the pc too much and some times all night was mentioned in the petition for the divorce)

Would I do it all looking back at the costs etc well that answer is easy yes it has given not only sleepless nights heart ache etc but I have met some great people and had some great times thru being one of the owners of a torrent site :)