PDA

View Full Version : tv-vault

Polarbear
08-12-2008, 05:09 PM
what can you tell me about tv-vault?

mrnobody
08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
here m8

http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2008/08/private-tracker-watch-tv-vault-signups.html

if you want screens, pm me.

editZ:

isn't the owner of this site same as that of cinemageddon? He has same nick and same title...and prolly same avatar as well.

If so, sign up with eyes closed :happy:

hatzil007
08-12-2008, 05:37 PM
yes, its the same owner.

soulreaper
08-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Yup,it's CG's owner who's started TV-vault.I'm thrilled to see such an initiative,if this goes as planned then bitmetv might lose its significance.

RedRansom
08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Stats

Maximum Users: 10,000
Enabled Users: 929
Online Users: 0
Users active today: 884
Users active this week: 918
Users active this month: 918
Torrents: 51
Albums: 8
Artists: 0
Requests: 0 (0.00% filled)
Snatches: 104
Peers: 286
Seeders: 166
Leechers: 120
Seeder/Leecher Ratio: 1.38

new but pretty nice:) i hope keep a good ratio isn't hard like waht.cd :P
if new tv shows would be too, i hope it'll more populer than...
nice tracker for who love older rare tv shows...

mrnobody
08-12-2008, 05:44 PM
yes, its the same owner.

thnx for the confirmation.

CraigT92
08-12-2008, 06:49 PM
TV Vault is a new private tracker that aims to specialize in rare and old television series. The first thing I noticed about this tracker immediately after I joined was the Gazelle codebase as only a handful number of trackers (including What.cd) use this as of yet.

Anyway it is still too early to say whether TV-Vault as a torrent site would succeed or not as the site is brand new. However it does show a lot of promise. There are not many trackers specializing in old TV series and the decision to go with the Gazelle codebase shows the admin's desire to experiment. At the moment there are 364 users and 25 torrents indexed but these numbers are sure to grow as the word spreads. As for the content tracked, here is what the administrator had to say about it:

"well, tv vault doesn't want to be like all the other tv sites out there, not because it's emo but because it appreciates that most new and popular tv is crap, just like we do. if you agree with us then we might have a beautiful relationship ahead of us"

Categories:

* Action
* Advertising
* Animation
* Chatshow
* Comedy
* Documentary
* Drama
* Family
* Gameshow
* Music
* Sci-Fi
* Soap
* Thriller
* Other

LuckIEE
08-12-2008, 11:18 PM
i like what i see i think its gonna be big :happy:

Grind$oFine
08-13-2008, 05:21 AM
If interested,
Content guidelines:

TV Vault is, as the name implies, intended for older and harder-to-find TV shows; we do not want ANY new releases or prereleases. In order to qualify, uploads must meet the following criteria:

Absolutely no sports, reality shows, or news broadcasts. The latter may be excused in case of some historical significance, but must be approved by staff before uploading.
Uploads must either be of a show which has already aired, or a rejected pilot.
The show must have actually aired on TV - straight-to-video/DVD releases are only allowed on a case-by-case basis if they're particularly relevant to the series, so ask in Customs & Excise first.
Any episode of the show in question must not have had its first airing in its country of origin within the last four years, to the nearest year. The cutoff point is currently January 1st, 2004. You can check these dates on The Futon Critic (http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch.aspx).
The show must not appear on this list: (list to come)

Funkin'
08-13-2008, 05:37 AM
Very nice.

dr jones
08-13-2008, 05:43 AM
i like it very much ;)

if you like to watch old tv show then you should go to tv vault

if you like to watch old movies then you should go to cinemageddon

Islander_IBG
08-13-2008, 05:43 AM
another baby gazelle :D

djkamikaze
08-13-2008, 05:46 AM
sounds nice. I'll check it out myself

Disme
08-13-2008, 05:54 AM
Looks crappy to me, that might be because I don't like Gazelle anyway ...
Moreover I believe their 'niche' is too small and won't attract enough users. But that's just my opinion.

Replacing BitmeTV ... keep on dreaming!

BlueLabel
08-13-2008, 05:55 AM
http://tv-vault.org/register.php
(http://tv-vault.org/register.php)

bubucea
08-13-2008, 06:01 AM
looks great ! :)

integral
08-13-2008, 06:09 AM
Moreover I believe their 'niche' is too small and won't attract enough users. But that's just my opinion.

TV is too small of a niche? :shifty:

Eargasm
08-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Well, I LOVE CG so I can't wait to see how this project unfolds. :D

Disme
08-13-2008, 06:50 AM

Old series ... they don't want any new stuff. Maybe that's good for older people but I believe BT is used far more by the younger generation.

I'm sorry but I don't see younger people going to download old classics like Dallas, Dynasty, Chips, etc ... :shifty:

Grind$oFine
08-13-2008, 06:54 AM

the things is... you know, i posted their content guidelines, but it's not a very good representation, imo.
as i've seen in their forums where people can ask if they can upload "___", some shows can be old - very old - and still not be allowed there because they feel that it's too popular or not rare enough.
and that's fine, by all means - but this "really rare tv show" niche really might not catch on. especially when bitmetv is around with all these shows, plus a TON more.
but that could be said about myspleen also, which is really good tracker and has a lot of support.

one bad thing right now is - it's not freeleech and a lot of uploads are full seasons. now they have some good shows uploaded, but i can't download 5GB on fresh account and hope someone else decides to download it soon - there really aren't a lot of peers. AND if i wanted to download a whole series... well there's no chance of that right now. not even with a seedbox.
that's the good thing about having popular shows/content - you can always count on downloading things like Lost and being able to seed those so you don't have to worry about your ratio.
they definitely need a bonus seeding system of some sort, imo. or some sort of freeleech or very strict rules on overseeding or SOMETHING.
this is purely speculation, i haven't grabbed anything yet tbh - i'd love to download a few things, but i can't for fear of the above... :dabs:

integral
08-13-2008, 07:27 AM

the things is... you know, i posted their content guidelines, but it's not a very good representation, imo.
as i've seen in their forums where people can ask if they can upload "___", some shows can be old - very old - and still not be allowed there because they feel that it's too popular or not rare enough.
and that's fine, by all means - but this "really rare tv show" niche really might not catch on. especially when bitmetv is around with all these shows, plus a TON more.
but that could be said about myspleen also, which is really good tracker and has a lot of support.

one bad thing right now is - it's not freeleech and a lot of uploads are full seasons. now they have some good shows uploaded, but i can't download 5GB on fresh account and hope someone else decides to download it soon - there really aren't a lot of peers. AND if i wanted to download a whole series... well there's no chance of that right now. not even with a seedbox.
that's the good thing about having popular shows/content - you can always count on downloading things like Lost and being able to seed those so you don't have to worry about your ratio.
they definitely need a bonus seeding system of some sort, imo. or some sort of freeleech or very strict rules on overseeding or SOMETHING.
this is purely speculation, i haven't grabbed anything yet tbh - i'd love to download a few things, but i can't for fear of the above... :dabs:

Agreed. Open signup should continue until a decent amount of users have been accumulated, and then closed. Freeleech should be turned on for maybe a week or so, so the current torrents have seeds or whatever. Then open signups again, shut off freeleech, which would hopefully result in more leeching activity and such.

And yeah, old tv series may not be a big enough selection, especially if some of them are denied for being "too popular". The number of torrents may remain low, or even worse, climax, and seeding/leeching opportunities may disappear. I think that administration on that tracker will eventually loosen up a bit concerning what can be uploaded, for the sake of the users.

medeni
08-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Sounds interesting. Will try.
thx

mrnobody
08-13-2008, 12:18 PM

tv-vault, alike CG, focuses in old stuff (4+ year old tv stuff to be precise).

Bitmetv has both old + new TV stuff.

saying tv-vault will replace Bitmetv is like saying, CG will replace TC. Both of them have different target audience.

Disme
08-13-2008, 12:26 PM

and who exactly told u that? :unsure:

It was a reaction on this post on the first page:

Yup,it's CG's owner who's started TV-vault.I'm thrilled to see such an initiative,if this goes as planned then bitmetv might lose its significance.

Bitme has both old + new TV stuff.
and who exactly told u that? Bitme feeds your brain. :P

Damn... you already edited your post !!!

mrnobody
08-13-2008, 02:33 PM
1 min before your post :snooty:

Eargasm
08-15-2008, 08:25 PM
This site is coming along quite nicely. I downloaded a 20GB tales from the crypt pack from there the other day and have already seeded back 84% of it, so people are definitely leeching. From the looks of it, this site is definitely ramping up.

From the news: "everything in the Animation category is now on freeleech until august 31st". :)

respawn40
08-15-2008, 08:43 PM
I like what they have in their Animation category :)

Elecktricity
08-16-2008, 05:57 PM
I am a member of Cinemageddon (yes got myself a new account :))

I joined tv-vault just because it was advertised on the news page. It looks ok and I wish them good luck with it but there arn't any shows there that I would watch.

But you can't beat Cinemageddon for rare obscure shit so i'm glad it's under same management

mrnobody
08-16-2008, 06:12 PM
This site is coming along quite nicely. I downloaded a 20GB tales from the crypt pack from there the other day and have already seeded back 84% of it, so people are definitely leeching. From the looks of it, this site is definitely ramping up.

From the news: "everything in the Animation category is now on freeleech until august 31st". :)

true, decent amount of snatches already.

oh n i love that news. I might just leech the whole animated section, only if i had BIG HD. Not because of freeleech but because peps are sharing some quality stuff there.

/me frees disk space

[Jon]
08-16-2008, 09:34 PM
It looks like they have the same layout as what.cd, lol.

Eargasm
08-16-2008, 10:21 PM
;2934080']It looks like they have the same layout as what.cd, lol.

Gazelle, baby. :dog: <---- that's not a gazelle but you get the idea

DarkLured
08-17-2008, 05:05 PM
[forget it]