PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an E***O invite...

donvito
08-12-2008, 07:09 PM
hey guys, an invite would be much appreciated.

thanks,
donvito

snap3r
08-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Do u have a big flac collection :) ?

donvito
08-12-2008, 07:19 PM
yea, a decent sized collection... :D

RedRansom
08-12-2008, 08:28 PM
i have too but i am not ripping only leeching:P
Umm another que do you have btmusic ? if you dont care size of e-penis ;) btmusic enough too for flac of course what.cd too....

mafija
08-12-2008, 08:40 PM
this thread is useless.on this way you have zero chance to get on site.

Enlightened
08-12-2008, 10:48 PM
this thread is useless.on this way you have zero chance to get on site.

If U can get in "just like that with a few words, everyone will be requesting for it, it won't be a rare Trcker at all, most probably "Open Signup"...hate to say this, unfortunately, these kind of Post is absolutely >>>>>USDELESS!!:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::yup::yup::yup::yup:

donvito
08-13-2008, 03:09 AM
sorry, i work all day and that is why i haven't responded until now.

listen guys, all i asked for was an invite, not to be flamed, not to be told how to beg (im not beggin).

i understand that a lot of people on this board like to beg whatnot, but all i did was simply ask for an invite.

donvito

MaaxHimself
08-13-2008, 03:12 AM
When is Minghags coming out?

donvito
08-13-2008, 03:17 AM
When is Minghags coming out?

dont know, ask bam :D

donvito
08-15-2008, 05:41 AM
bizump

Kyl3KK
08-15-2008, 08:04 AM
If ANYONE can help him, donvito is a GREAT user. I doubt my opinion matters though.

Although I have to say, you're request wasn't that great if all you're saying is "hi, can I have this?", but I know you from other trackers and you're a good guy.

mafija
08-15-2008, 09:44 AM
if he need flac there is a pedros and get on this tracker is much easyer.but no,he just want e########.:lol:
dream on:rolleyes:

donvito
08-16-2008, 02:49 AM
If ANYONE can help him, donvito is a GREAT user. I doubt my opinion matters though.

Although I have to say, you're request wasn't that great if all you're saying is "hi, can I have this?", but I know you from other trackers and you're a good guy.

hey man thanks! :cool:

th0r
08-16-2008, 05:57 AM
prove to us you are not the average lossless enthusiast by exhibiting a cultured awareness of music, fervor of our craft to create secure rips of albums and records, a generosity of upload growth by providing torrents to other users, and being conscious of the members that inhabit your community

that is what we look for; simply asking for an invite will get you nowhere

Kyl3KK
08-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Yeah, for the E, you'll not only know how to rip in FLAC perfectly, but you'll need good credentials from Waffles/What/Pedro, and also, it helps if you rip non-mainstream music, and if you know how to rip vinyl properly.

Anyone reading this: I don't have an account there, so in case it sounds that way, I don't. Please don't start PM'ing me now.

th0r
08-16-2008, 08:49 AM
check your pm, kyl3kk

becomehokage
08-16-2008, 08:56 AM
check your pm, kyl3kk
He prly now does? :P

th0r
08-16-2008, 09:18 AM
what? no, lol, because he said not to pm him

donvito
08-16-2008, 06:27 PM
i guess i'm not sure about "proving" my knowledge to you, but I can simply say that I have a large cd/vinyl collection and that I know how to rip flac securely, etc..

I'm not sure what else to say honestly. How about this, I'll try to provide a new rip every week. That's contribution huh? :D

Night0wl
08-16-2008, 07:04 PM
If you are not a member of Pedro's then I can hook you up. If you are then start ripping and uploading there. You will not get to E unless you prove you can rip, tag and upload properly. Just saying you can doesn't help at all. Anyone can claim they know how to rip and will contribute.

Kyl3KK
08-16-2008, 07:32 PM
donvito, if you really want the E I suggest you take Blue_Skies offer first.

jukesta
08-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Ripping Vinyl, can be a complicated thing, in my opinion.

I have myself about 200 vinyls, and im still not done ripping half of them, using a turntable, quality soundcard, cartrige, adobe soundbooth, and flac frontend.

as for ripping flac, you can learn that anywhere really. Use EAC.

sperm
08-16-2008, 08:08 PM
You will not get to E unless you prove you can rip, tag and upload properly.

i got invited without the knowledge of how to rip and tag flac properly, and i still dont :lol:

i just appreciate quality music, and thats what i try and look for when i invite someone. after all they can always learn how to rip and tag music later :)

Night0wl
08-16-2008, 08:23 PM
You will not get to E unless you prove you can rip, tag and upload properly.

i got invited without the knowledge of how to rip and tag flac properly, and i still dont :lol:

i just appreciate quality music, and thats what i try and look for when i invite someone. after all they can always learn how to rip and tag music later :)

Well if donvito was someone I knew well and trusted, I wouldn't care. Anyone else has to take the less traveled path.

But then again if I wasn't curious if he would really be active and contribute, I wouldn't have posted at all.

donvito
08-17-2008, 12:43 AM

Well if donvito was someone I knew well and trusted, I wouldn't care. Anyone else has to take the less traveled path.

But then again if I wasn't curious if he would really be active and contribute, I wouldn't have posted at all.

totally understandable, i feel the same way. i know that just asking for an invite usually doesn't get one too far, but then again, this thread is reasonably active, and I for one am learning a lot.

th0r
08-17-2008, 03:23 AM
start uploading secure lossless shit somewhere and get back to us in a couple of days

go go go go go go

Kyl3KK
08-17-2008, 05:35 AM
th0r I've seen you post in every E thread asking people why they wanted it and how they can prove they know what they're doing. Has anyone passed your "test", per se?

Simulador
08-17-2008, 06:29 AM
probably those who can prove they know what they're doing

Funkin'
08-17-2008, 08:07 AM
donvito, I know how it is to want E. I really do, since it's the only tracker that I want. But as you can see from the comments here, members there want to know that you know how to properly rip. Which is totally understandable.

You seem like a pretty nice guy though, so if want to get into a good lossless site, then pm me at the beginning of the month when I'll have another invite to BTmusic. I won't make you pass any kind of ripping test. It'll just be a straight hook up into an excellent tracker. Just promise to actually use the account, respect the rules, and download some good music. That's enough for me. I can't stand when someone gets in somewhere and then just lets the account sit.

soulreaper
08-17-2008, 02:09 PM
donvito, I know how it is to want E. I really do, since it's the only tracker that I want. But as you can see from the comments here, members there want to know that you know how to properly rip. Which is totally understandable.

You seem like a pretty nice guy though, so if want to get into a good lossless site, then pm me at the beginning of the month when I'll have another invite to BTmusic. I won't make you pass any kind of ripping test. It'll just be a straight hook up into an excellent tracker. Just promise to actually use the account, respect the rules, and download some good music. That's enough for me. I can't stand when someone gets in somewhere and then just lets the account sit.

Great attitude,really wonderful to see. In the cynical world of FST,your goodness is refreshing to see. I'm also fortunate enough to be a member of btmusic so i'm not asking you indirectly for an invite. It's nice to come across large hearted people like you,stay the same! :)

Donvito,from your userbars I deduce you're a good user and that you can keep a good ratio. All I expect from my invitee is that he/she uses their account,keep a good ratio and if time permits ,post in the forums.
So if you're interested in btmusic and promise to use your account fruitfully ,pm me your gmail and I'll get you in.

Can't keep the good guys down!

integral
08-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Donvito,from your userbars I deduce you're a good user

:shifty:

aysomc
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM

my thoughts exactly.

soulreaper
08-17-2008, 04:57 PM

my thoughts exactly.

Not a good user then?
I said "deduce" coz I saw his post history and it kindof matches his userbars. Plus he's been vouched for by other good members in this thread. I would ofcourse need some ratio proofs for verification which I was gonna ask him in PM anyway.
So let's keep the shifty spam out.

th0r
08-17-2008, 07:33 PM
th0r I've seen you post in every E thread asking people why they wanted it and how they can prove they know what they're doing. Has anyone passed your "test", per se?yes, a couple of members have; whether or not the staff at e thought the same i cannot say

members here pm me all the time; i do not accept ratio proofs, speed tests, seedbox stats, trade offers, any bullshit about being wet for communities . . . or any other things you can easily fabricate in a pm window

edit: a diverse collection of uploaded lossless music and having a lot of forum posts/torrent comments on certain music trackers you cannot fabricate and can be verified by a link . . . and is also a great start

donvito
08-18-2008, 02:49 AM
heh this thread is great! love it!

as for the userbars, go look me up, same name on those sites.

integral
08-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Not a good user then?
I said "deduce" coz I saw his post history and it kindof matches his userbars. Plus he's been vouched for by other good members in this thread. I would ofcourse need some ratio proofs for verification which I was gonna ask him in PM anyway.
So let's keep the shifty spam out.

If you wanted to keep the spam out why'd you post? If you didn't understand my post, I implied that it is unwise to make an assumption about a person just because of the images in their signature, which can be easily done by anyone. And the "spam" here doesn't matter, as I'm sure someone willing to invite him is unswayed by any rambling you or I put forth in the thread. It's a forum, so it's nice to discuss things, with no flaming of course.

I don't know the guy, but if people vouch for him, then he must be good. And for the record I wasn't implying that he wasn't a member at those places, just saying that trusting a user simply for their signature images isn't wise. Good luck with the invite, and if you really deserve it, you will get it. :D

Funkin'
08-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Great attitude,really wonderful to see. In the cynical world of FST,your goodness is refreshing to see. I'm also fortunate enough to be a member of btmusic so i'm not asking you indirectly for an invite. It's nice to come across large hearted people like you,stay the same! :)

Donvito,from your userbars I deduce you're a good user and that you can keep a good ratio. All I expect from my invitee is that he/she uses their account,keep a good ratio and if time permits ,post in the forums.
So if you're interested in btmusic and promise to use your account fruitfully ,pm me your gmail and I'll get you in.

Can't keep the good guys down!

Thank you. I usually don't post in giveaway threads that much. But sometimes when I see a genuine member I try and help them out. And it looks like you enjoy doing the same.

I hope he takes one of us on our offers. But as seeing as he hasn't mentioned anything about it in the thread yet(although he could have pm'd you already), it makes me wonder if he wants E solely for the rarity. :( Since he's already been offered an invite to a perfectly good lossless community. Which, going by rumors, E and Btmusic is pretty similar. So I don't really see any reason to turn down one over the other.

I'm sure I'm wrong about this though. But you know, sometimes it's hard not to think that kind of stuff here at FST.

Good luck donvito. You've already been hinted at if you just show that you can rip then you might have a chance to get in. You really should jump on that offer.

th0r
08-18-2008, 04:32 AM
You've already been hinted at if you just show that you can rip then you might have a chance to get in.exactly

if any other members of e**** read this, do not take donvito up on any other offers other than proof of what was just mentioned, please

and to others, please, PLEASE do not be fooled by what userbars other members sport in their signatures; it does not indicate who the person is or what they can and/or cannot do

killercam101
08-18-2008, 05:49 AM
You people and your bitchassness. The guy asked for E**** not Pedros now they might specialize in the same shit but E**** is not Btmusic and Btmusic is not E****. If you need me to draw it out with my M$Paint skills I will.

Funkin'
08-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Yes, all-knowing douche. Please draw it out for us.

Funkin'
08-18-2008, 06:09 AM
*double*

The Flying Cow
08-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Yes, all-knowing douche. Please draw it out for us.

I sense a challenge.

mamacita
08-18-2008, 06:40 PM
@Killercam:

Thank you so much for you kind words. Such a generous show of manners there.

Seriously, get your foot out of your ass.

If people are suggesting BTmusic in this thread, it is primarily as a stepping stone for getting into E. Now I do agree with you in the aspect of having to get one tracker to get another tracker...not the usual way I'd like to go around doing things.

That being said, if a site chooses to be restrictive in who it invites, it has every right to do so. What better way to get to know a person's enthusiasm for music and how well they can follow flac ripping instructions than by monitoring their activity in a tracker that is easier to get into?

It does make me sad, however, to see that BTmusic gets used so often as a stepping stone. It is a great site by itself. Then again, there are a lot of E members on BTmusic, so it provides an easy medium from which to siphon through the large base of flac lovers.

Don't like it? Then bitch about the WTAW thread.

The Flying Cow
08-18-2008, 10:06 PM
It's all a bunch a bollocks in my opinion. If one likes good classic sounds, like old-school jazz and the likes - and in pristine FLAC quality, then why should one be forced to make rips and that if one simply wants to have access to these rarer items?

I say if he's a legitimate musicoholic, and states his case in proper English, he should get his wish.

Provided one knows he's the sharing and helpful type, like.

Simulador
08-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Someday i'll learn to rip and i'll join the best lossless lovers community :)

Night0wl
08-19-2008, 12:04 AM
It's all a bunch a bollocks in my opinion. If one likes good classic sounds, like old-school jazz and the likes - and in pristine FLAC quality, then why should one be forced to make rips and that if one simply wants to have access to these rarer items?

I say if he's a legitimate musicoholic, and states his case in proper English, he should get his wish.

In a perfect world maybe, but if anyone who claimed they were into things like that got invited, the quality aspect of E would be the same as Waffles or What. If you have friends on the tracker, then you can maybe get in without recommendations from other lossless trackers, but if not then I'm afraid you are out of luck.

Us recommending Pedro's isn't just a stepping stone. Those two sites do compliment each other very well. Don't think that just because you are a member of E, Pedro's all of a sudden becomes obsolete. I am member of both and am just as active on both.

And BTW maybe look at what Pedro's has to offer before throwing out genres claiming you need E for those things.

P.S. No matter how many PM's people send asking to be invited, and asking for alternative methods. Just stop just like I have stopped replying to them and for the most part even reading them. Starting to regret even posting in this thread.

integral
08-19-2008, 12:10 AM
In a perfect world maybe, but if anyone who claimed they were into things like that got invited, the quality aspect of E would be the same as Waffles or What. If you have friends on the tracker, then you can maybe get in without recommendations from other lossless trackers, but if not then I'm afraid you are out of luck.

Us recommending Pedro's isn't just a stepping stone. Those two sites do compliment each other very well. Don't think that just because you are a member of E, Pedro's all of a sudden becomes obsolete. I am member of both and am just as active on both.

And BTW maybe look at what Pedro's has to offer before throwing out genres claiming you need E for those things.

P.S. No matter how many PM's people send asking to be invited, and asking for alternative methods. Just stop just like I have stopped replying to them and for the most part even reading them. Starting to regret even posting in this thread.

Sounds really complicated. I'm glad I don't really know jack shit about music quality and settle with scene V2 stuff mostly. Ignorance is bliss. :)

respawn40
08-19-2008, 12:49 AM
<3 MP3 / VO

The only difference I notice between MP3 and FLAC is the file size >.>

torrents4life
08-19-2008, 01:19 AM
<3 MP3 / VO

The only difference I notice between MP3 and FLAC is the file size >.>

Very true. I would venture to say that the only way you will be able to notice ANY difference between FLAC and V0 is with expensive and sensitive sound equipment or perhaps at very high volumes. I have tested this myself with some very nice but not world class earbuds and was barely able to tell the two apart (I even got a couple wrong out of the 10 files I tested). Having said that, I can definitely understand why some people would want FLAC rips or want to be a part of a community that appreciates high fidelity rips: because they HAVE the expensive headphones or speakers and they enjoy having the best quality music available to them.

th0r
08-19-2008, 02:14 AM
lol

so . . . start go ripping and uploading lossless music

go go go !

donvito
08-19-2008, 04:04 AM

In the words of the great John Madden, "BOOM!".

killercam101
08-19-2008, 05:21 AM
wtf are we even talking about anymore?

The Flying Cow
08-19-2008, 11:49 AM
[...] because they HAVE the expensive headphones or speakers and they enjoy having the best quality music available to them.

Bose sound ftw.

respawn40
08-19-2008, 01:20 PM
[...] because they HAVE the expensive headphones or speakers and they enjoy having the best quality music available to them.

Bose sound ftw.

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

I dunno what that article s about, but it has something to do with why Bose is bad. I think.

mamacita
08-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I dunno what that article s about, but it has something to do with why Bose is bad. I think.

Sounds to me like just another one of those "haters of mainstream."

I mean c'mon, all his proofs are based on presumptions that he knows enough about speakers to be able to tell exactly what the Bose speakers are made of. He says things like "lead me to believe" which totally prove he's just assuming things.

Bose might be overrated, of that there is no doubt, but still...they aint that bad.

Night0wl
08-19-2008, 06:56 PM
The cable in my Sennheiser phones is dead :( Will probably buy some as much like those I had as possible (sound wise). Brand means nothing to me as long as the sound is there.

respawn40
08-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Bleh, $300 for some Sennheiser HD595 headphones. I was thinking about maybe buying some and getting into FLAC, but nevermind now :P

And that's just the cheapest of the three in the Audiophile section O.O

Night0wl
08-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Most expensive isn't always best for you. When I bought mine they were only like $120, and whatever new ones I buy will probably be somewhere in that price range or at least below $200.

Test a few yourself before buying. Any decent store will let you do that.

becomehokage
08-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Derailed thread alert!!! :P

respawn40
08-20-2008, 03:02 AM
Most expensive isn't always best for you. When I bought mine they were only like $120, and whatever new ones I buy will probably be somewhere in that price range or at least below $200.

Test a few yourself before buying. Any decent store will let you do that.

I didn't look at the ones in the other sections; just "Audiophile". Since, you know, FLAC is for audiophiles >.>