PDA

View Full Version : Christiantorrents

puckface
08-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Can someone describe for me the content of this tracker? Ive always been perplexed by the name... I hope its not what I think it is.

Thanks for quenching my thirst for knowledge

fstokebanget
08-13-2008, 04:25 PM
if you're a believer and a new born man then this place is for you :)

Cabalo
08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
it IS what you think it is... somehow i lost my account there due to inactivity. :whistling

puckface
08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Hmmmmm.. thanks

seppypom
08-13-2008, 09:18 PM
That site has always cracked me up.

If its for a higher good, is it stealing?

Torrents for Jesus

SgtMajor
08-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Sharing is caring.

/whoops - that's already been done <and done very well I may add!>

sokrates
08-13-2008, 10:08 PM
filesharing is just advertisement without expenses ;) (and spreading some rare things that are not accessible to anyone and..^^)
in a christian world nobody would be sent to court for filesharing either.. but thats not the world we live in.

puckface
08-13-2008, 10:33 PM

Torrents for Jesus

yeah, isn't there something in the commandments or whatever about stealing?

funny shit

slymester
08-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Thou shall download torrents only from Christiantorrents.
LMAO

puckface
08-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Thou shall download torrents only from Christiantorrents.
LMAO

yup, i laughed. thanks

pharaoh
08-15-2008, 02:35 PM
that's why before your able to download a file you must say 10 hail mary's. then your forgiven. i think it's in the user agreement somewhere.

slymester
08-15-2008, 02:56 PM
that's why before your able to download a file you must say 10 hail mary's. then your forgiven. i think it's in the user agreement somewhere.
lmao dat was funny

1000possibleclaws
08-17-2008, 02:39 AM
TBH I play in a band.... one that ChristianTorrents acctually has torrents indexed for.
(Im a member there)

The differance between most christian bands vs secular...
Most christian bands arent doing what they do for money.
Unlike secular bands who are doing what they do many times to make millions of dollars off a single album.
(Theres probably a handful or so... that are.)
So Most of them wouldnt care if your sharing their albums/music videos.
Its really like a free promoting thing having your albums listed there.

I seriously know members from several other groups for instance Jars Of Clay, P.O.D., Newsboys, and Edison Glass...they probably wouldnt care less either if they knew their albums were posted their either. TBH I beleive the drummer from JOC has an account there as well ;)

Alot of punk rock, hardcore, and especially grindcore bands are athiests and satanists, the complete opposite of christian bands. Those genres are notorious for not making big money. There are tons of Christian bands who are 'in it for the money': P.O.D., Switchfoot, Anberlin, Lifehouse, Underoath, and Relienk K to name a few popular ones.

I doubt you can form a successful argument that Christian musicians are in music less for the money than non-christians.

puckface
08-17-2008, 05:28 AM
TBH I play in a band.... one that ChristianTorrents acctually has torrents indexed for.
(Im a member there)

The differance between most christian bands vs secular...
Most christian bands arent doing what they do for money.
Unlike secular bands who are doing what they do many times to make millions of dollars off a single album.
(Theres probably a handful or so... that are.)
So Most of them wouldnt care if your sharing their albums/music videos.
Its really like a free promoting thing having your albums listed there.

I seriously know members from several other groups for instance Jars Of Clay, P.O.D., Newsboys, and Edison Glass...they probably wouldnt care less either if they knew their albums were posted their either. TBH I beleive the drummer from JOC has an account there as well ;)

hahaha.

silvertec
08-17-2008, 05:40 AM

Torrents for Jesus

Its like minded peeps getting together and sharing their stuff
Music,Movies etc and enjoying a community spirit

Why would that crack you up, their peeps that still have sex ,fart and do what ever other peeps do but believe in a higher power.
Sure they have a right to share their stuff as we all do

berenger you crack us up but hey each to our own

lysine
08-17-2008, 05:52 AM

funny shit

yes, there is.

stealing and copyright infringement are different things to different people though... personally, I see it as stealing, and if I were a christian, I wouldn't approve of it. however, I'm a person of very little morals and of no particular religion, and it doesn't matter to me what I download.

soulreaper
08-17-2008, 09:00 AM

Cracked me up,thanks:lol::lol:

bblogs
08-17-2008, 11:51 AM
The level of intelligence in this thread nearly became tolerable, thanks to WowZrBrowser, T.S.O.L, silvetec...pity about people like puckface.

Anyway, the whole CT concept seems a little hypocritical, but not anywhere near as hypocritical antitraders whinging about traders breaking the rules of trackers which are breaking the law. :rolleyes:

JROQuinn
08-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Lets put this in some sort of perspective...
http://i28.tinypic.com/2m7xd85.jpg
Now for those who share files & believe in Christ & question whether or not it is wrong then the Bible says to obey the law of the land & if the law is obscure then let your conscience be your guide. :)

BelleandSeb
08-17-2008, 02:15 PM
and the bible also endorses incest, bestiality, homophobia and murdering people who have affairs, but you see no one quoting those parts. Anyway, there's no point arguing with religious people - it's like trying to ask a drunk man for a lift home. You're going to fail either way.

puckface
08-17-2008, 03:52 PM
ok, ok. I did not mean for this to turn into a discussion about religion.. I know I probably should have known better. Please can a mod close this? I got my answer. Plus why the hell would anyone argue over a fairy tale?

soulreaper
08-17-2008, 05:08 PM
The level of intelligence in this thread nearly became tolerable, thanks to WowZrBrowser, T.S.O.L, silvetec...pity about people like puckface.

It's ironic you've taken this thread to a new low. I'm quite sure the OP is smart enough to know what "christiantorrents" would mean,he probably wanted detailed info which he's now got.
The dumbest question is the question that's never asked.

puckface
08-17-2008, 05:32 PM

It's ironic you've taken this thread to a new low. I'm quite sure the OP is smart enough to know what "christiantorrents" would mean,he probably wanted detailed info which he's now got.
The dumbest question is the question that's never asked.

what he said, I was curious... I apologize for my curiosity. I wanted to know if it was "christian" as in the religion or some guy named "christian" started the tracker and named it after himself.

yevgeny
08-19-2008, 06:57 AM
Lets put this in some sort of perspective...
http://i28.tinypic.com/2m7xd85.jpg
Now for those who share files & believe in Christ & question whether or not it is wrong then the Bible says to obey the law of the land & if the law is obscure then let your conscience be your guide. :)

dude, that is spot on, my thoughts exactly. piracy and anarchy ftw.

mossy123
08-19-2008, 07:16 AM

Torrents for Jesus

funny shit

It depends whether or not you think its stealing or not. A lot of people buy stuff they think is worth paying for so yo could call it try before you buy.

ok, ok. I did not mean for this to turn into a discussion about religion.. I know I probably should have known better. Please can a mod close this? I got my answer. Plus why the hell would anyone argue over a fairy tale?

Depends what yo call a fairy tale. :D There are many fairy tales about many things including evolution and various similar fairy tales. At the end of teh day its upto the individual whether he wants to believe in fairy tales or not. 1 truth but many tales. ;)

puckface
08-19-2008, 07:25 AM

funny shit

It depends whether or not you think its stealing or not. A lot of people buy stuff they think is worth paying for so yo could call it try before you buy.

Depends what yo call a fairy tale. :D There are many fairy tales about many things including evolution and various similar fairy tales. At the end of teh day its upto the individual whether he wants to believe in fairy tales or not. 1 truth but many tales. ;)

as the man said ... torrents for jesus ftw

mossy123
08-19-2008, 07:31 AM
LOL. Puckface dont be hating on people because they choose to believe. Its not nice to be fried just because you choose to believe.

invadercat
08-19-2008, 08:36 AM

Anyway, the whole CT concept seems a little hypocritical, but not anywhere near as hypocritical antitraders whinging about traders breaking the rules of trackers which are breaking the law. :rolleyes:
:lol: funny but true.

LOL. Puckface dont be hating on people because they choose to believe. Its not nice to be fried just because you choose to believe.
i guess some people think its "cool" to make fun of people who believe. WTF? respect our freedom of thought! :)

puckface
08-19-2008, 03:22 PM
i guess some people think its "cool" to make fun of people who believe. WTF? respect our freedom of thought! :)[/quote]

You're joking right? No one is disrespecting your freedom of thought, and since you bring up freedom of thought, you people there are obviously the most hypocritical people I have ever come across, no matter how you try and cut it, torrenting is stealing, thou shalt not steal.... ever hear that one? I mean what the fuck, do you people just follow the rules of your religion only when it is convienient? Or do you just lie to yourselves with the "try before you buy" or "its only a copy"? Convienient isnt it?

If I steal shit, I dont feel i need to report to a "higher power" or a god. You do, and what will happen when your god calls you a hyppocrite just like you are.

Have fun with that.

Now for fucks sake someone close this shit, I got my answer like 3 days ago.

buggyfresh
08-19-2008, 03:33 PM
i guess some people think its "cool" to make fun of people who believe. WTF? respect our freedom of thought! :)

You're joking right? No one is disrespecting your freedom of thought, and since you bring up freedom of thought, you people there are obviously the most hypocritical people I have ever come across, no matter how you try and cut it, torrenting is stealing, thou shalt not steal.... ever hear that one? I mean what the fuck, do you people just follow the rules of your religion only when it is convienient? Or do you just lie to yourselves with the "try before you buy" or "its only a copy"? Convienient isnt it?

If I steal shit, I dont feel i need to report to a "higher power" or a god. You do, and what will happen when your god calls you a hyppocrite just like you are.

Have fun with that.

Now for fucks sake someone close this shit, I got my answer like 3 days ago.[/QUOTE]

makes sign of cross and prays for puckface, then awaits vitriol with holy water in hand

1000possibleclaws
08-19-2008, 04:56 PM
the thread is locked because it's turned into a religious debate, which doesn't fit in this section of this forum.

Everyone who's interested should watch the documentary Jesus Camp (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486358/)