PDA

View Full Version : uTorrent for Mac coming soon

dunson
08-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Greg Hazel told TorrentFreak that they will be “more heavily focused” on the Mac version now, which they have worked on for more than a year already. The good news for Mac users is that Greg hinted that the first public Alpha version will be released in just a few weeks.

http://torrentfreak.com/utorrent-18-released-mac-version-coming-soon-080810/

Glad I checked TF for the first time in months.

I'm really looking forward to this, since uTorrent is so ubiquitous and Mac users are prejudiced in the BT world as of now.

:01:

OTO
08-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Great news. :thumbsup:

markupmaster
08-13-2008, 06:30 PM
I know many MAC users will be glad to here this.

I wonder if they will still be using Transmission.

DuDutchy
08-13-2008, 07:09 PM
I hope this is true. TorrentFreak got their hands on an alpha a year ago. They said that it would be released in a few weeks.

The developers of Transmission have completely fucked up 1.30, 1.31 and even 1.32.
It's just ridiculous. It's like they can't do anything good. With every upgrade, there's one more problem to be added to the LOOOOOOONG list of problems/bugs.

dunson
08-13-2008, 07:35 PM
I hope this is true. TorrentFreak got their hands on an alpha a year ago. They said that it would be released in a few weeks.

The developers of Transmission have completely fucked up 1.30, 1.31 and even 1.32.
It's just ridiculous. It's like they can't do anything good. With every upgrade, there's one more problem to be added to the LOOOOOOONG list of problems/bugs.

Yeah I went back to 1.2 for now. :/

I would switch to uTorrent asap.

puckface
08-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Transmission rules anyway...in my opinion only it seems.

dunson
08-13-2008, 09:01 PM

I like Transmission, but it is banned on some trackers, and has a bad rep so updates aren't always allowed right away. It is much nicer looking than uTorrent too.

Why do you think it rules?

puckface
08-13-2008, 09:03 PM

I like Transmission, but it is banned on some trackers, and has a bad rep so updates aren't always allowed right away. It is much nicer looking than uTorrent too.

Why do you think it rules?

small footprint, native os x looks, now with the webui even better... simple and no nonsense. Some trackers have banned it? I haven't had any problems, maybe I'm not in the right (wrong) places.

Slave-Master
08-13-2008, 09:49 PM
im looking foward for this one...

Grind$oFine
08-14-2008, 07:28 AM

What's wrong with 1.32? I've been using it and it has worked fine? :wacko:

P.S. uTorrent running natively on Mac = Eff Transmission and Vuze.
I really hope they get that up and running quickly. :happy:
I thought the project was abandoned, so it's nice to see that someone is still working on it.

hitman51
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
I personally like Transmission better

c0njur
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
I hope this mean a linux version of utorrent in the near future.

reno55
08-14-2008, 04:50 PM
I for one cant wait maybe now I can run my mac torrents more often...

Grind$oFine
08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
I hope this mean a linux version of utorrent in the near future.

Seems like they have no intention of doing that. :ermm:
It would be pretty nice though. I'd imagine since seedboxes are growing in popularity, they might be more inclined to do it.