PDA

View Full Version : waffles points

turbotalon21
08-13-2008, 07:02 PM
i was looking on the site but i could not find how to gain the waffles points, does anyone know here?

markupmaster
08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
It should say on the F.A.Q.

If not,Check the forums..

JenSenCO
08-13-2008, 07:09 PM
how to gain?
i believe points are given for almost every activity on the site, that means posting in forums, uploading, downloading, making requests and so on..
if you want to see how many points you have click on your username!

turbotalon21
08-13-2008, 07:11 PM
ya they said they were gonna post it soon, maybe its not up yet, or im just blind:)

punki_rach
08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
You get 5 for uploading or downloading a torrent. And 20 for filling a request. Not sure about anything else

Night0wl
08-14-2008, 01:06 AM
You get 0 for posting in the forums, looks like 0 as well for seeding torrents.

darknetty
08-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Their list hasn't been published yet.
They're changing things around as bugs are found. Soon, we'll know.

turbotalon21
08-14-2008, 01:24 AM
Their list hasn't been published yet.
They're changing things around as bugs are found. Soon, we'll know.

thanks thats what i thought just wanted to make sure.

Nemrod
08-14-2008, 03:04 AM
You get 5 for uploading or downloading a torrent. And 20 for filling a request. Not sure about anything else

Well, I don´t have even a clue about how it works, but I think you both are wrong.
I´ve never uploaded anything, I´ve never posted in forums, and of course I´ve not filled any request. I only downloaded 1 release and I´ve been seeding it for 2 or 3 months, and have 10 points.:unsure:

1000possibleclaws
08-14-2008, 04:57 AM

Well, I don´t have even a clue about how it works, but I think you both are wrong.
I´ve never uploaded anything, I´ve never posted in forums, and of course I´ve not filled any request. I only downloaded 1 release and I´ve been seeding it for 2 or 3 months, and have 10 points.:unsure:

and I have over 200 snatches, but only have 40 points..

Funkin'
08-14-2008, 07:16 AM
Wow, I didn't even know they had points. I got 88, which doesn't really buy much. But still, this is a nice addition to the site. Would be nice if there was an option to add gb's to your upload. These music sites need this kind of option the most.

punki_rach
08-14-2008, 12:37 PM

Well they haven't given points retroactively yet so you haven't got any points for the things you did before they introduced the points system. But snatch/upload something now and you will get 5 points (or 20 for filling a request). I don't know about posting or seeding though

Animal
10-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Anybody know of a list yet?

Jäger
03-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Still can't find anything in their FAQ or rules...

smcewa11
03-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Read Introducing waffles points in the announcements.

The main methods are uploading (min 5 points per torrent, bonus 5 points for waffles iron), downloading torrents (min 1 point per torrent but increases based on torrent size), and forum posts (I think it is 100 points per 1000 posts, you get points at 1000 posts, I read this so dont know if it is true).

If you want points then today is your lucky day. Get on the torrents in Analog Week, which starts in a couple of hours, as you get 30+ points for each download.

Two things rarely mentioned: you dont get any points for downloads if you are on half or free leech, and the downloads have to be over 50mb in size or you get no points.

johhn
03-15-2009, 10:56 AM
If you want points then today is your lucky day. Get on the torrents in Analog Week, which starts in a couple of hours, as you get 30+ points for each download.
Two things rarely mentioned: you dont get any points for downloads if you are on half or free leech, and the downloads have to be over 50mb in size or you get no points.
I got tons of points after dl 20GB dream pop last time,each 50mb+ gave 15+ points,also didnt know about not getting any points from self-freeleech, learnt it from a hard way.
the only thing worthy in waffles shop would be the anytime conversion,350points, but sold out all the time. also it has a bug, say if you have 2 anytime invites and 3 regular ones, after conversion, you'll have 8 anytime invites instead of 5,which might be the reason that there are waffles invites GA everywhere recently.

lysine
03-15-2009, 11:09 AM
the only thing worthy in waffles shop would be the anytime conversion,350points, but sold out all the time. also it has a bug, say if you have 2 anytime invites and 3 regular ones, after conversion, you'll have 8 anytime invites instead of 5,which might be the reason that there are waffles invites GA everywhere recently.

it's not a bug.

Convert Regular Invite
to anytime (BOGO)
350 Points

BOGO = Buy One Get One

in your example, if you convert the 3 regular invites, you end up with 6 anytime invites. add that to the two anytime invites you already have, and you have a total of 8 invites.

Veidenbaums
03-15-2009, 11:12 AM
There are thread about this "bonus thing" in forum:
Forum > Announcement Discussion > Introducing:Waffles Points!

smcewa11
03-15-2009, 11:34 AM
I got tons of points after dl 20GB dream pop last time,each 50mb+ gave 15+ points,also didnt know about not getting any points from self-freeleech, learnt it from a hard way.

The invite giveaways are because the regular invites have been open for longer than their usual thirty seconds recently.

johhn
03-15-2009, 12:17 PM
The invite giveaways are because the regular invites have been open for longer than their usual thirty seconds recently.

not that I need to use regular invites since I got more than enough anytime ones, but what's sign of regular invites opened ? on the left upper corner, 'invites' should it be highlighted or not ?
p.s. bought the Beta Access, found it completely useless. 2000 points wasted.

smcewa11
03-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Agreed beta access is useless, so is power search and top 10. On topic, invites are highlighted a red colour when they are open (in the upper left).

Best thing in the shop is freeleech though.

The_Martinator
03-15-2009, 04:00 PM
I know I got 1 point for every one I invited.

Anywqay, during certain periods (special weeks or something similar) you get more points if yo snatch something from a particular category.

iceman0113
03-15-2009, 04:06 PM
# Having invited someone who has maintained PU+ status
# Uploading a torrent (will lose if torrent is deleted)
# Filling a request (will lose if request is reset)
# Getting an upload WI approved
# Completing a snatch when not on ratio watch
# Finding a bug in shop and being the first to report it
# Finding a bug in any beta feature and being the first to report it

Go search in the forums. There's more to it, but this is the list that they gave out.