PDA

View Full Version : AOM question

iamKy666
08-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Hello everyone.
What im asking is if there are any AOM invites outhere?
People get them after time or you join after staff approval(ex. first filling a form of application)???
Any answer would be appreciated.
Regards.

Nemrod
08-14-2008, 02:58 AM
I think that they make a test to applicants.
Being a specialized tracker they only want users that are into magic and have some knowledge.
I think Iīve read you must go to their IRC or send a request via mail, then they interview you and if they think you are a good candidate theyīll invite you.
I repeat, itīs what Iīve read, but I canīt swear is that way.

SgtMajor
08-14-2008, 03:03 AM
As above.

An alternative is to get yourself noticed as a sort of expert magician at BitMe, in their forum with your knowledge of magic & uploading what unique magic torrents you can. If you are as good as you think you are, you will be invited.

iamKy666
08-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok guys,thanks a lot.
Im covered:).

Roooney
08-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I've tried to get a invite there. Sent them a e-mail, got answer the day after, needed to ask honestly on 16 questions regarding magic and torrents. Unfortunately I didn't make it. (Although I have to say, I'm not a magician yet, just wanted to start with it).

hotshot6473
08-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Can you PM their email?

soulreaper
08-14-2008, 06:11 PM
AOM, hahahaa,where do i even start with their ridiculous invite policy?
If getting into a torrent site is harder than landing up with a job,then you know there's something wrong!

Duckater
08-14-2008, 06:17 PM
If getting into a torrent site is harder than landing up with a job,then you know there's something wrong!

Why is it wrong they set the rules they want it is there site.
It annoys me when people make comments like this as if they ran a site and made the rules they would not want them moaned about on open forums.

soulreaper
08-14-2008, 06:38 PM

It annoys me when people make comments like this as if they ran a site and made the rules they would not want them moaned about on open forums.

Too bad you get annoyed by some else's comments/opinions.The whole point of a discussion board especially one as diverse as FST is differing opinions. It's intolerant people like you that piss me off.
AOM expect way too much from an average torrenter. Not everyone can have hundreds of gbs of magical content considering how obscure a genre it is. Consequently,that doesn't mean I'm less acquainted with magic.

Also what AOM admins don't understand is that a lot of members torrent for hard-to-find content,take KG for example(some of the movies there are impossible to get in a video library). And I don't understand why some people on this board are so damn uptight,seriously just chill out,might make the thought process easier..

NOLF
08-14-2008, 07:43 PM

Too bad you get annoyed by some else's comments/opinions.The whole point of a discussion board especially one as diverse as FST is differing opinions. It's intolerant people like you that piss me off.
AOM expect way too much from an average torrenter. Not everyone can have hundreds of gbs of magical content considering how obscure a genre it is. Consequently,that doesn't mean I'm less acquainted with magic.

Also what AOM admins don't understand is that a lot of members torrent for hard-to-find content,take KG for example(some of the movies there are impossible to get in a video library). And I don't understand why some people on this board are so damn uptight,seriously just chill out,might make the thought process easier..

AOM doesn't want avarage torrenters, they want magicians, accept it.

Btw it's not hard to get accepted at AOM.

Logan_R
08-14-2008, 07:57 PM

hello there Mr. Rejected :lol:

soulreaper
08-14-2008, 08:01 PM

Well,after looking at the requirements of the appn form,I didn't even bother applying.
You sound like a bitter AOM admin(had one too many tussles with cheekychap?)

Logan_R
08-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Good, because AOM does not need cunts like yourself. -Logan R.

Tokeman
08-14-2008, 10:04 PM

Well,after looking at the requirements of the appn form,I didn't even bother applying.
You sound like a bitter AOM admin(had one too many tussles with cheekychap?)

There were no requirements on the application. There were only questions that they asked to be answered honestly. I'm an avarage torrenter, amateur magic enthusiest, and I was accepted. No where does it say they only want professional magicians.

People see the questions and freak out, like its a huge waste of time, but then they come troll on forums for months trying to become buddy buddy with some one for an invite. Makes no sense to me :rolleyes: