PDA

View Full Version : HDBits invites open again.

WarrenBuffet
08-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Invites - 15/08/08

We've opened up the invites again.
We've reset your invites a bit: users > 720p received 1 invite.

Everybody lost their old amount of invites.

PLEASE do NOT come whinig in forums, IRC or staff pm about it.

yea...

flamers
08-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Is this even good, hdbit had just gotten to lvl 4....

deadalive1
08-16-2008, 12:49 AM
Levels mean absolutely nothing (except of course to loser traders).

I'm glad you guys opened up again, hopefully people will respect the tracker and not screw around and mess it up for everyone again.

Eargasm
08-16-2008, 12:50 AM
So, besides the whole "level" bs, is hdbits any good?

flamers
08-16-2008, 01:04 AM

nah, its only the best hd tracker, nothing more

Eargasm
08-16-2008, 01:28 AM

nah, its only the best hd tracker, nothing more ;)

Hehe. Alright, you got me interested.

kondrae
08-16-2008, 01:40 AM
thanks for info. been trying to get in for a while now. the future looks bright now

c0njur
08-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Good news for HD lovers.

binocular
08-16-2008, 03:11 AM
Isn't so good for the most Chinese, still. :(

saimer
08-16-2008, 03:45 AM
why? just curious ...

binocular
08-16-2008, 03:48 AM
why? just curious ...

Almost all of the Chinese IP has been banned because of a feckin' trader:(

RedRansom
08-16-2008, 04:27 AM
why? just curious ...

All Turkey and Poland ips too:(

binocular
08-16-2008, 04:45 AM
That feckin' Chinese trader is definitely the black sheep of the big family.

What a shame!

Nemrod
08-16-2008, 05:12 AM
HDBits is to HD whatīs BCG to games. Other thing.

Glad they re-enabled invites. Hope this time none moron screw things up again.

flamers
08-16-2008, 05:19 AM

are you member bcg.....there you have to maintain ratio on seperate torrent, not just all download/upload......hdbits is nothing like that.

apextwin146
08-16-2008, 05:20 AM
^ what led to it disabling their invites .... that Chinese trader or something else...

Nemrod
08-16-2008, 05:25 AM

are you member bcg.....there you have to maintain ratio on seperate torrent, not just all download/upload......hdbits is nothing like that.

I know perfectly the rules of every site I am member of.
My comment means that in their respective type each one of them is by far the very best of the best. And yes, Ratio system in BCG is extraordinary helpful, HDBits is old style, but I have no problems in any of them.

flamers
08-16-2008, 05:28 AM

My comment means that in their respective type each one of them is by far the very best of the best. And yes, Ratio system in BCG is extraordinary helpful, HDBits is old style, but I have no problems in any of them.

so you like the system in black-cats?, to some it may be reason not to use it, and just use bitgamer.

Funkin'
08-16-2008, 05:36 AM

You're not very bright. Are you?

flamers
08-16-2008, 05:38 AM

You're not very bright. Are you?

I don't know what your talking about, since that is how black-cats works..

Nemrod
08-16-2008, 05:42 AM

so you like the system in black-cats?, to some it may be reason not to use it, and just use bitgamer.

Of course I like it.
I canīt find one single reason for not liking it.
Itīs fair, allows to any user, even with 56 K modem connection to keep a good ratio. Itīs a system mainly for real torrenters and not for promotion chasers.
Any system that gives to every user the same chances and does not make necessary the use of seedboxes, fast pipes, etc, itīs undoubtedly good.

flamers
08-16-2008, 05:47 AM
but the thing is, all torrents become slower because you wan't everyone to be able to seed....better to just let those who can..

Nemrod
08-16-2008, 06:09 AM
but the thing is, all torrents become slower because you wan't everyone to be able to seed....better to just let those who can..

Well, I must say I donīt give so much relevance to speeds... itīs exactly the same to me download a release in 20 minutes than in 6 hours... but I have reached excellent speeds at BCG, with my home connection and with seedbox as well.

roderick
08-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Ok well i'll be the first to go ahead and ask for an invite. Anyone?

deadalive1
08-16-2008, 06:29 AM

Wrong section to be asking this.

OTO
08-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Post here

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/

kuracat
08-16-2008, 07:59 AM

you are disabled and you are asking for invite? :lol:

becomehokage
08-16-2008, 08:01 AM

How do u know that :O?

guitarhero
08-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Invites open, great news :D

OTO
08-16-2008, 08:24 AM
How do u know that :O?
Do you see this "DISABLED" under his nickname?

stoi
08-16-2008, 08:31 AM
oh!! BCG mentioned, should I shouldnt I, hmm OK definetely yes just cant help myself lol

I have got 1.8MBs on a 16 month old game before, with only 5 seeders, because

A: We have a bloody good community

B: If you want SP on any torrent you can only seed so many, you cant sit there seeding 400 360 games and just get your global ratio up that way, you have to be careful and actually manage your torrents better, which = better speeds for the leechers.

C: members that want PU/SPU or just to keep PU/SPU go back and reseed old games if it looks like they need reseeding, helping that torrent go faster for the leecher.

Honestly some of the arguments i hear about our system are just bloody silly, if it did not work, we would not have 15 seeders on a torrent on the last page of browse, which is about 18 months ago they were uploaded, they would either be dead and buried, or just 1 seeder seeding @ 1KBs along with 400 torrents in his client and the leechers would be crying.

OK carry on with HDbits :)

becomehokage
08-16-2008, 08:37 AM
oh!! BCG mentioned, should I shouldnt I, hmm OK definetely yes just cant help myself lol

I have got 1.8MBs on a 16 month old game before, with only 5 seeders, because

A: We have a bloody good community

B: If you want SP on any torrent you can only seed so many, you cant sit there seeding 400 360 games and just get your global ratio up that way, you have to be careful and actually manage your torrents better, which = better speeds for the leechers.

C: members that want PU/SPU or just to keep PU/SPU go back and reseed old games if it looks like they need reseeding, helping that torrent go faster for the leecher.

Honestly some of the arguments i hear about our system are just bloody silly, if it did not work, we would not have 15 seeders on a torrent on the last page of browse, which is about 18 months ago they were uploaded, they would either be dead and buried, or just 1 seeder seeding @ 1KBs along with 400 torrents in his client and the leechers would be crying.

OK carry on with HDbits :)
Why torrents have to be recycled :S Let them live for evah :P

haoran
08-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Good news

stoi
08-16-2008, 08:59 AM
thats easy

A: some members probably most, do not understand the SP system so are still scared to download a torrent on the last page of browse.

B: Some member never look further than the 1st page of browse, so will never ever see them.

C: They may very well last forever, but may as well bring new life into them, so those members that have been seeding them for ages, can get some upload by uploading to leechers.

D: Not many recycled torrents go slow, and every single recycled torrent is from the last page of browse, so again have been on the site for 18 months.

E: To give the seeders a kick up the arse, just incase they are seeding at a pitiful pace, moving it to the top of browse should make them pick the speed up a bit.

becomehokage
08-16-2008, 09:01 AM
thats easy

A: some members probably most, do not understand the SP system so are still scared to download a torrent on the last page of browse.

B: Some member never look further than the 1st page of browse, so will never ever see them.

C: They may very well last forever, but may as well bring new life into them, so those members that have been seeding them for ages, can get some upload by uploading to leechers.

D: Not many recycled torrents go slow, and every single recycled torrent is from the last page of browse, so again have been on the site for 18 months.

E: To give the seeders a kick up the arse, just incase they are seeding at a pitiful pace, moving it to the top of browse should make them pick the speed up a bit.
Couldnt be more clear ! Do you mind if i add you to my friendlist?
I rly admire ya :D

stoi
08-16-2008, 09:03 AM
go ahead mate but i have about 15 waiting lol and im going to a wedding very soon to get hammered (pissed/drunk) so i probably wont be able to accept you till tomorrow now.

becomehokage
08-16-2008, 09:05 AM
go ahead mate but i have about 15 waiting lol and im going to a wedding very soon to get hammered (pissed/drunk) so i probably wont be able to accept you till tomorrow now.
No probs just accept it when ya have time :D

ClodiuS
08-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Any hdbits staff here?

flamers
08-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Any hdbits staff here?

----
Invites - 15/08/08

yea...

hassaan
08-16-2008, 09:18 AM
All Turkey and Poland ips too:(
Because of few bad people so many genuine users have to suffer. :O

lol :D

fr3x3r
08-16-2008, 10:24 AM
yeah, thx a lot nfo ;)

mars_
08-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Not anymore. Invites have been taken away again. Grats to whoever fucked it up

Invites - 15/08/08

Someone fucked up, so too bad, only VIP's and higher can invite.

Eargasm
08-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Not anymore. Invites have been taken away again. Grats to whoever fucked it up

Invites - 15/08/08

Someone fucked up, so too bad, only VIP's and higher can invite.

Well, there goes my chance. :dry:

Is bit-hdtv, at 9,318 torrents, really so bad? :ermm:

dunson
08-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Fucking faggots who sell invites need to stop being so poor.

Likvid
08-16-2008, 07:44 PM
The best HD site today is SceneHD no doubt.

RedRansom
08-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Someone fucked up, so too bad, only VIP's and higher can invite.:huh: nearly 500 new user signup the tracker umm
and thanx for e-bay sellers:dabs:

alcoholik
08-16-2008, 08:16 PM
wtf? do they sell on e-bay? xD

VoidNT
08-16-2008, 08:22 PM
The invite system will always be corrupt, there is no way to control or fight that, especially when a tracker becomes really popular. Knee-jerk reactions from tracker admins just make things worse.

To allow only a privileged users to invite people is a right thing, they have something to lose and they would approach it with responsibility. But establishing the official place to send applications and create a set of rules on which applicant can be invited and which cannot, would minimize the corruption and stop scandals.

saulin
08-16-2008, 08:22 PM
lol I guess people do sell invites to trackers on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HDBits-org-Invite_W0QQitemZ330262595003

mrnobody
08-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I doubt they would be open for long.

Just a matter of time till invites make their way into ebay lol

editZ: okay, i did not read last page when i replied. I only read like first three page....and now there it is already lol ^^

becomehokage
08-16-2008, 08:54 PM
The only way to avoid invite selling is to open signups for a limited period...
So ppl wont buy while they can sign up for free.

saulin
08-16-2008, 09:09 PM
It's very simple. Just take invites away forever and open signups every couple of months for a couple of days.

I don't know what the deal is with these trackers trying to be so damn private. All it does in encourage invite/acc trading and selling. Plus in a lot of cases makes content and speed lack as well by having a small user database.

lukee
08-16-2008, 09:09 PM
fucking lame.

dunson
08-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Trackers should stop sweating the seller so much, try to ban those bad users and just let the rest of the good users use their invites.

I mean, 1/1000 users is bad, why punish 999 good people and their 999 friends who want in. Paranoia.

becomehokage
08-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Trackers should stop sweating the seller so much, try to ban those bad users and just let the rest of the good users use their invites.

I mean, 1/1000 users is bad, why punish 999 good people and their 999 friends who want in. Paranoia.
Did you manage to give that invitation in time? :P

dunson
08-16-2008, 10:49 PM

Did you manage to give that invitation in time? :P

No, I must have missed it by a few hours. :(

Eargasm
08-16-2008, 10:52 PM
It seems this was planned by members who wish to wish to keep the trader "level" high or flatly hate the site and want to ensure that it dries up.

How many torrents to they have in there anyway?

nipple
08-16-2008, 10:54 PM
it is closed again :S:S:S:S only for vip

stacker
08-16-2008, 10:59 PM
It seems this was planned by members who wish to wish to keep the trader "level" high or flatly hate the site and want to ensure that it dries up.

Quite a lot i can assure you.;)

It will take quite a long time before HDBits dries up.:)

Eargasm
08-16-2008, 11:05 PM

Quite a lot aye? 5000 is quite a lot. So by that we can deduce that they about 4000 less torrents than bit-hdtv. ;)

dunson
08-16-2008, 11:56 PM

Quite a lot aye? 5000 is quite a lot. So by that we can deduce that they about 4000 less torrents than bit-hdtv. ;)

Over 13,000 and the good stuff, even 2 years old, is very, very well seeded. It has the best retention of any torrent site I've seen.

Eargasm
08-17-2008, 12:05 AM

Over 13,000 and the good stuff, even 2 years old, is very, very well seeded. It has the best retention of any torrent site I've seen.

Ahhhh shit. That's exactly what I was was worried about. So I'm 4000 torrents short by using bit-hdtv - although they also have stuff from 2 years ago.

Are you sure 13k, eh? I thought you weren't a member. :whistling

lovejj
08-17-2008, 12:43 AM
132xx - 132xx

i think only bitmetv sct tl have the same quality retention
vip wont give out inv,some of they are ctrlhd esir ripper

lukee
08-17-2008, 12:48 AM
shit, i hope they open them up again :)

stacker
08-17-2008, 01:05 AM

Ahhhh shit. That's exactly what I was was worried about. So I'm 4000 torrents short by using bit-hdtv - although they also have stuff from 2 years ago.

That's more like over 14k.:whistling:rolleyes:

HDBits could go on forever without a single new user, without any problems.:yup:

Eargasm
08-17-2008, 01:08 AM

Same thing will happen. It doesn't even have to be a member. It could be a non-member who sets up an auction everytime they hint at opening invites just to ensure that they never open.

danio
08-17-2008, 01:10 AM

Same thing will happen. It doesn't even have to be a member. It could be a non-member who sets up an auction everytime they hint at opening invites just to ensure that they never open.

i like the way some other trackers handle this issue, the staff buys the invite themselves, and can then easily ban the seller :). could be an expensive way though.

dunson
08-17-2008, 01:45 AM

Huh? You applied for my invite giveaway like last night. Of course I'm a member.

And stacker they have 13,269 active torrents right now.

SCT has much worse retention than HDBits.... and I love SCT but go back 5 days and see anything but the top movies/packs and you will see that it is a 0day tracker...

Eargasm
08-17-2008, 01:57 AM
The only problems I've got with bit-hdtv, that makes me not want to invest into them, is the stupid beowulf banner and the background with the diagonal pattern. It's just lame.

hd-bits.ro is actually ok(since they got rid of the p2l) and seems to have more new torrents per day than bit-hdtv, but they have yet to cut the mustard in regards to overall torrents.

stacker
08-17-2008, 03:04 AM
And stacker they have 13,269 active torrents right now.

I just checked the number of torrents they mention on the home page.Some of them, i assume, are dead then, but who cares.A great tracker.:D

Roark
08-17-2008, 06:15 AM

HDBits could go on forever without a single new user, without any problems.:yup:

No site can do that, and especially not a site like hdbits. Hopefully, VIP+ manage to hand out enough invites.

RedRansom
08-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Umm dont say bit-hdtv LoL
hdbits good for they have internal groups and well seed torrents (2 years old torrent and you can download with 2MBsn)
:( too bad they closed doors again...
edit
if some1 upload USA & Poland womens volleybal match plz pm me ....

puckface
08-18-2008, 01:08 AM

No site can do that, and especially not a site like hdbits. Hopefully, VIP+ manage to hand out enough invites.

I bet you one of the only sites that could is HDBits. Everyone there is way too committed.

Cabalo
08-18-2008, 01:46 AM

actually they have 13400 torrents.

The Wanderer
08-18-2008, 09:31 AM

I completely agree. :yup: Their userbase is very committed. :D

VoidNT
08-18-2008, 01:49 PM
i like the way some other trackers handle this issue, the staff buys the invite themselves, and can then easily ban the seller :). could be an expensive way though.

Nice approach. :) They can also publicly ashame the seller so others would think twice before going such a route.

helpme
08-18-2008, 02:05 PM
very nice news
thnx man

kuracat
08-18-2008, 02:09 PM
very nice news
thnx man

have you actually read the thread? :lol:

becomehokage
08-18-2008, 02:24 PM
very nice news
thnx man

have you actually read the thread? :lol:
<3 Those boobies :P

punki_rach
09-26-2008, 11:13 PM
yeah, we'll get right on that

bruisedego
12-08-2008, 12:36 PM

Forgive my ignorance, fellow BT dwldrz, but how do you pm people?? :pinch:

Thanks for your help in advance.

:blink:

slymester
12-08-2008, 12:41 PM

Forgive my ignorance, fellow BT dwldrz, but how do you pm people?? :pinch:

Thanks for your help in advance.

:blink:

you need to wait 30 days after registration

Holy5hit!
12-08-2008, 03:23 PM
So you post in a thread months old to ask this question? There are pleanty of new ones to choose from.