PDA

View Full Version : We Will Host It

YoYoY
08-16-2008, 02:28 PM
http://wewillhostit.com (http://wewillhostit.com)
any one tried it
I want to know more about the speeds

jukesta
08-16-2008, 07:48 PM
looks pricey for vps.

haydeno
08-17-2008, 03:42 AM
i think i read bad thing about them

tehmrserver
08-17-2008, 05:58 AM
very bad he caps upload speeds to like 700 kB/s on torrentflux

joey
08-17-2008, 07:41 AM
I've been lurking for a while but I think this is a good time to make my first post here....I'd like to warn you guys about this company. I signed up with these guys in early June...for 2 weeks the server was down/slow/unresponsive...bottom line...the service was shit. I ended up doing 3.5 gigs of traffic in 2 weeks...yes 3.5 gigs folks...not 3.5 TB.

They are using Torrenflux 2.1...not the newer b4rt...the older version sux compared to the new...the new one has more features and just a better user interface. Download and upload speeds I really can't say much since I only managed 3.5 gigs but I was unimpressed...download speeds were ok..maybe 1.5 mb/s but upload was woefully lame. I also remember being unhappy with their FTP speeds. They used to cap uploads at 300k per torrent when I was there and a few weeks back I read on File Share Freak that they upped it to 500k per torrent...don't expect great upload speeds from these guys.

Here's the kicker...so after 2 weeks of bad service which was basically caused by them overselling accounts...I finally asked for my $12 back...they refused. I didn't care since it wasn't all that much money but this is just a heads up...if you pay these guys money and they can't provide good service then don't expect your money back.

I'll tell you one thing guys...I can understand and forgive when a company messes up...shit happens sometimes...but what I can't forgive is when a company takes your money...doesn't provide the agreed to service and then won't refund your money...that to me is akin to robbing me. That's what these assholes basically did. The test of a company is how it conducts itself when things don't go well...and these guys failed big time.

Incidentally...I also received an email from these guys today which has also spurned me to make a post. I'm not quite sure why they emailed me since I haven't been using their service for 2 months but this is how disorganized these guys are. In the email they state...and I'm paraphrasing now...that they are having some network/server problems and they are working on them and so on. I found it funny that 2 months after I quit these guys are still having the same problems and still providing the same garbage service. Just a heads up guys...becareful with these clowns.

I'm with OVH now..did 6-7 TB last month and life is good.

integral
08-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Just a heads up guys...becareful with these clowns.

This is really good advice for any WebUI/TorrentFlux reseller. Your best bet is to go with one that many people have given praises to. Most TF resellers will give you crappy service/capped speeds due to cramming tons of users on some OVH box or whatever, so just be smart about it.

The best bet would find an OVH reseller, and split the costs with a few friends or something. This way you know you're going to get quality.

slayer2005
08-17-2008, 10:49 AM
If you want flux send me a pm.
I dont cap any shit and the speeds are consistant :-)
7 users on the server at the mo so still a few more slots.

killercam101
08-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah I tried wewillhostit its a leechbox. When your admin has to ask its users for advice to get a VPS running you know you're with a bad service. They're horrible and probably use a pentium 3 and 256mb of RAM PC. I'd give it 1 star out of 10 because. I only gave it a 1 because it did d/l the files you wanted but just never had the bandwidth to get your ratio back to 1:1.

tehmrserver
08-17-2008, 08:16 PM
yes!! very bad!

i think the company is ran by 10 year old kids..

wewillhostit
08-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Yes we know that wewillhostit messed up with their VPSes this is because vmware sucks. They are trying to move over to OpenVZ. As to the torrentflux version it's 2.4 not 2.1, b4rt doesn't have the ability to allow for some of the mods that we need example disk quota. The upload being caped is to share the servers more evenly. If you think about it, the cost of the torrentflux is so low compared to everyone else, there is a minimum amount of people needed per server to break even. Wewillhostit may offer plans that cost more that are on a sperate server for people that need premium service.

joey
08-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Stop blaming all these factors for your garbage service...the only one to blame is you...you are ultimately responsible for the service you provide and if you can't provide it then you need to return people their money...which you don't.

And I don't know what you're talking about but b4rt has disk quotas just like the earlier versions...there are plenty of these services I used where I had a 40 or 50 gig drive and it was allocated only to me.

hitman51
08-18-2008, 10:48 PM
LOL they stole santrex's website layout!

tehmrserver
08-19-2008, 03:28 AM
LOL they stole santrex's website layout!
Yea as I am one of santrex's friends, santrex emailed wewillhostit 2-3 times and wewillhostit still haven't replied. Santrex is going to take action and report wewillhostit to istockphoto (where santrex bought all those icons etc) . Wewillhostit, beware, design thief! You have a reason to be scared if you don't change it!

joey
08-19-2008, 09:27 AM
These guys are a joke...complete thieves....they steal people's money and they steal ideas as well.

wewillhostit
08-21-2008, 01:31 PM
We did not "steal" santrex's layout. Just because you borrow a few design features doesn't make it stealing. Example if you look at this forum software, is it stealing if another forum software uses threads and posts and boxes to type things into? NO.

tehmrserver
08-22-2008, 12:09 AM
We did not "steal" santrex's layout. Just because you borrow a few design features doesn't make it stealing. Example if you look at this forum software, is it stealing if another forum software uses threads and posts and boxes to type things into? NO.
Dude, you ignored santrex's email to you.. all 2 or 3 of them!
and its not "borrowing" .... its "stealing!"

Heres some screenshots from day to day on how wewillhostit changed stuff..

Before santrex emailed you:
http://i36.tinypic.com/2hwk1ea.png

After santrex's 1st email to you:
http://i36.tinypic.com/2qai97p.jpg

After santrex's 2nd email to you:
http://i37.tinypic.com/2hrd74k.jpg

After a couple days... :
http://i38.tinypic.com/bgz288.jpg

Now can you explain the first image? A "valid" reason also please...

Thanks!

joey
08-22-2008, 03:56 AM
In my experience with these guys I have learned a couple of things. They will not give you an honest answer and they will never admit to making any mistakes...they always have an excuse and blame something or someone other than themselves. The best thing to do is spread the word about this shambolic operation on other forums and torrent sites so they can't dupe and cheat any more people.

tehmrserver
08-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Yup exactly ;)

wewillhostit
08-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Clearly something can never be the customer's or a tracker's fault. If you read the Terms of Service it states all of this as not our fault. So you are arguing that we are ripping people off, yet it is not us who is ripping people off, but the people's inability to read the terms of service that they agree to upon payment.

joey
08-22-2008, 06:15 PM
See what I'm talking about? Now he shifts it to their TOS...LOL!! Where in the TOS does it say that if you have server problems for 2 weeks and a customer can only manage 3.5 gigs of traffic that you won't refund their money? So basically the way things work with you is that if you fuck up and oversell your service or can't provide traffic for 2 weeks then you don't refund money...lol...great business model you got there.

tehmrserver
08-22-2008, 09:36 PM
WeWillHostit, why are you ignoring my post? Are you too "scared" to explain about the first image..?

ADMIT IT!

tehmrserver
08-24-2008, 10:17 PM
yea wewillhostit is scared to admit it.. thats why hes not replying to this!