PDA

View Full Version : divided section résumé

Polarbear
08-18-2008, 12:56 PM
i know it's a bit early to tell, but i think one can already see a result of the new split invite sections.

there's less interest in the trading section for sure. the other always has almost twice the viewers and much more activity. on the other hand you hardly see new trade threads.

i haven't noticed traders posting anything but "bump" during the past few weeks.

also the sound in the giveaway section has aproved to be more friendly lately.

i even saw one hardcore trader post that fst is pretty much dead for traders.

i hardly browse those sections anymore, so i'm asking you:

has trading become less during the past weeks? do traders get lonely?

dr jones
08-18-2008, 01:03 PM
i think trading has become a lote less during the pass few weeks,but the regular traders are still on fst,and will be floating
around the trade section,traders do get lonely,if they ask for an invite,people just wont give it to them because they are a trader
so they go and trade,and not much people go to the trade section anymore,i just go there to laugh :lol:

integral
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm sure more and more people are realizing that tracker trading is a dying art. :) More people are getting scammed and discovered by tracker staff, meaning their makeshift currency is dwindling. Also, I've dug up some post history on traders, and a lot of them repeat the same cycle of looking for/trading/looking for/trading the same tracker; I'm sure they're tired of getting caught and banned, and want to become legitimate.

On the other hand, the remaining traders are burrowing deeper into their holes; a lot of them are very secretive in their thread proposals, stating only "have level 6, looking for level 5" etc, to avoid attention from other threads. And the most paranoid traders now keep their threads Closed automatically, only opening them to give the threads a bump every so often.

Maybe the levels will eventually disappear (or at least stop existing in their current form). Maybe the trading section will die out altogether. No one can really know, so I think I'll wait and just enjoy the unfolding. :)

Polarbear
08-18-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm sure more and more people are realizing that tracker trading is a dying art. :) More people are getting scammed and discovered by tracker staff, meaning their makeshift currency is dwindling. Also, I've dug up some post history on traders, and a lot of them repeat the same cycle of looking for/trading/looking for/trading the same tracker; I'm sure they're tired of getting caught and banned, and want to become legitimate.

On the other hand, the remaining traders are burrowing deeper into their holes; a lot of them are very secretive in their thread proposals, stating only "have level 6, looking for level 5" etc, to avoid attention from other threads. And the most paranoid traders now keep their threads Closed automatically, only opening them to give the threads a bump every so often.

Maybe the levels will eventually disappear (or at least stop existing in their current form). Maybe the trading section will die out altogether. No one can really know, so I think I'll wait and just enjoy the unfolding. :)

there's already something planned to exchange the wtaw thread to something that puts less emphasize on the rarity/level aspect. i hope our dear bittorrent mods have the balls to change it. ;) i think the traders are slowly losing their lobby on fst.

Nemrod
08-18-2008, 04:39 PM
there's already something planned to exchange the wtaw thread to something that puts less emphasize on the rarity/level aspect. i hope our dear bittorrent mods have the balls to change it. ;) i think the traders are slowly losing their lobby on fst.

Hope you are right.... I´ll buy a round of beers for everybody if that damned WTFAW thread is changed.... and two rounds if just disappears. With WTO I think it´s more than enough.:huh:

mamacita
08-18-2008, 06:25 PM
*raises his empty beer mug*

I'll hold you to it Nemrod ;)

aaatoel
08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
I agreed with the mods' decision to split the invites section into trades and giveaways from the start... Good job guys. I also believe that trading is now a dying art as integral mentioned above but let's not forget that it is summer and even traders have to go on holidays... :P

ghurka
08-18-2008, 07:11 PM
If you look at the site generally there has been a lot less posts lately, not just in the trading section, so it may just be coincidental. Give it a few months and you could see it back to normal, if you can call it normal....but I hope not.

I hope you are right PB.

kuracat
08-18-2008, 07:53 PM
there were always more requests than trades, werent they...

WeldenSmith
08-18-2008, 08:00 PM
I think the reason most bittorrent forums are moving away from having trade sections, or in FST's case dividing off the Trade section, is because most of their members have realized by now that there is a better way to get invited to their favorite trackers and going down the route of trading will end up doing them a lot more harm than good.

I think FST was waiting for something like this. It's definitely a step in the right direction, even though FST still has some catching up to do.

killercam101
08-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Too many non American traders when you see their broken English threads you can't help but think "I'm going to get fucked over".

integral
08-18-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm afraid that past traders will just evolve into the type of people who treat generosity in the forums as a Cookbook Recipe; they make tons of giveaway threads, amass notoriety and 'BT Rep', and then make a request thread with all those giveaway threads bumped and circulated, receiving support from people who were benefactors of said giveaway threads.

I mean, it's nowhere near as bad as trading. But it defeats the whole purpose of generosity, as you're really doing giveaways to make a name for yourself, not to really help someone else. Well, as long as they aren't trading/selling, I can't really complain.

IdolEyes787
08-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Just an observation.Why do people equate ending trading to curtailing unethical behavior?
I warrant that there are just as many unscrupulous individuals in the free invite section as the trade section,maybe even more.
I've been taught the hard lesson that if you trust anyone here you do so at your own peril.

kondrae
08-18-2008, 09:51 PM
i like the divide cuz now i dont have to see a bunch of members flaming each other over acc/invites (trading.vs.GA)

The Flying Cow
08-18-2008, 09:54 PM
do traders get lonely?

Well naturally.

Hope you are right.... I´ll buy a round of beers for everybody if that damned WTFAW thread is changed.... and two rounds if just disappears. With WTO I think it´s more than enough.:huh:

Do you live close to Lisbon? Bairro Alto or the likes?

Otherwise, I see no beer-drinking conference taking shape.

But it defeats the whole purpose of generosity, as you're really doing giveaways to make a name for yourself, not to really help someone else. Well, as long as they aren't trading/selling, I can't really complain.

So you won't give alms to someone based on what you think they'll do with those alms? Say the beggar/vagrant looks like a past drug user or something of the sort - you'll just deny him a penny for a soup because that is the case?

Charity is charity, no matter what the purpose is. Giveaways and whatnot are still Giveaways, whether the giver is keen on amassing trading points or not. If you're allowing the entry of good, useful members into those sites the end result is still the same.

DeadManWalkin
08-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Off late there has been less activity in all the sections ..i mean bittorrent ...as in whole ..
More and more ..Invite forums are coming up and people are lookin for new avenues to get invites ....

Funkin'
08-19-2008, 04:21 AM
Who cares if the trading has gotten less in the past weeks, or if the traders are lonely.

markupmaster
08-19-2008, 06:35 PM
I have seen many positive changes since the sections were split.

I am glad they finally did this..

Detale
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
If you look at the site generally there has been a lot less posts lately, not just in the trading section, so it may just be coincidental. Give it a few months and you could see it back to normal, if you can call it normal....but I hope not.

I hope you are right PB.

Im unsure of how I feel about it. I think it's too early to tell yet. Peaks and valleys like everything else in life. I think this may just be a valley. we will see I guess

kuracat
08-19-2008, 10:41 PM
you ll see what?
if you dont want trades here than remove the trades section and thats it..

abe171
08-20-2008, 12:35 AM
i know it's a bit early to tell, but i think one can already see a result of the new split invite sections.

there's less interest in the trading section for sure. the other always has almost twice the viewers and much more activity. on the other hand you hardly see new trade threads.

i haven't noticed traders posting anything but "bump" during the past few weeks.

Maybe the traders have got into every site they wanted to get into :D

puckface
08-20-2008, 01:09 AM
This whole place seems less active actually, not just the trading section.

Maybe its the elitist jackasses who make other members feel like they are not welcome.

mrnobody
08-20-2008, 01:33 AM
It's not just trade section or FST, the entire BT is slow.

Generally, activity tends to decrease during this season (summer). More importantly, BT as a whole is dying.

kooftspc11
08-20-2008, 02:31 AM

Maybe its the elitist jackasses who make other members feel like they are not welcome.

its hard to not come across that way when you are 37 years old in a torrent forum

Zaxx
08-20-2008, 03:42 AM
More and more ..Invite forums are coming up and people are lookin for new avenues to get invites ....

Yep and a few are private, invite only, non-trader sites with kickass communities beginning to show thru. ;) And not uncommon to see peeps doing seedbox access giveaways as well as regular ones...some very generous people in the BT community (esp. when given the right surroundings :)).

Funkin'
08-20-2008, 04:03 AM

its hard to not come across that way when you are 37 years old in a torrent forum

It's not just that. It's being that age but acting like some child, because you think you're so more "elite" than everyone else. That is what's sad.

c0njur
08-20-2008, 04:21 AM
It's not just trade section or FST, the entire BT is slow.

Generally, activity tends to decrease during this season (summer). More importantly, BT as a whole is dying.

Why exactly do you think BT is dying?

Zaxx
08-20-2008, 04:45 AM
I think the community aspect of BT, upon which it was fouded, has been suffering for quite some time. Now it's all about the files, big buffers and invites and not much else. Plus the fact that the most widely used tracker/site software has a crap forum layout doesn't help any either...

condom-man
08-20-2008, 04:46 AM

Maybe the traders have got into every site they wanted to get into :D

and going to get banned soon on every site joseph rodriguez :rolleyes:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9738/jospehabezu4.png

stoi
08-20-2008, 04:50 AM
Plus the fact that the most widely used tracker/site software has a crap forum layout doesn't help any either...

that is why we do not use the inbuilt forums, I hate the things.

kooftspc11
08-20-2008, 04:55 AM
Plus the fact that the most widely used tracker/site software has a crap forum layout doesn't help any either...

no you don't

stoi
08-20-2008, 04:57 AM
are you stalking me or something, thats twice you have quoted one of my posts and replied with the same answer lol

kooftspc11
08-20-2008, 05:04 AM
are you stalking me or something, thats twice you have quoted one of my posts and replied with the same answer lol

don't lie

i have a crush?

phrenzy
08-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I just think more traders are moving too those gay ass invite forums that keep popping up..Where they can trade w/o eyes watching them....

SgtMajor
08-21-2008, 06:27 PM
I have seen many positive changes since the sections were split.

I am glad they finally did this..

Why is MM banned?

don't lie

i have a crush?

And you're on MODERATION

Wow, I'd better keep my fukking gob shut! :shutup:

OTO
08-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Why is MM banned?
Yeap

Why is Markup banned?

integral
08-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Why is MM banned?Yeap

Why is Markup banned?
Yeah, why is MM banned?
Indeed, why is markupmaster banned?

condom-man
08-21-2008, 06:40 PM

no you don't
bitch
:tease::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease:
bitch

:moderation: :glag:

KFlint
08-21-2008, 06:43 PM
laughing in public at grounded people isn't very polite guys

do it in a spoiler :lol:

mrnobody
08-21-2008, 09:53 PM
laughing in public at grounded people isn't very polite guys

do it in a spoiler :lol:

:glag:

snap3r
08-22-2008, 06:22 PM
He was banned because he posted in that IC thread :(
He didnt intend to advertise IC but only to answer the questions and defend his friends :)

KFlint
08-22-2008, 06:52 PM
He didnt intend to advertise IC but only to answer the questions and defend his friends :)

he already did a lot in the past to get people from FST to his site, we cannot accept this

we have no problems seeing people recruiting to join a tracker, but this site is just basically the same thing as FST so they have to find their members somewhere else

puckface
08-22-2008, 11:15 PM
ouch

AugustoP
08-23-2008, 01:23 AM
I guess it's because of summer and because of tightened security at most of the trackers. Accounts are not liquid assets anymore, you can't easily trade them. No one needs low-level invites which are issued on a schedule, cause you could easily have them for free. High-level invites are in demand but I guess traders prefer to lurk in shadows and not to ask staff for invites.
Another thing I noticed is the number of banned users in one year old threads. That means trading is a dangerous thing to do and it's kinda harmful to your torrent experience. Switching between multiple accounts, creating mails, etc.

maverick_andy
08-23-2008, 01:45 AM

never look @ posts/threads:D. There are lot of fellas here who do trading [not showing it off:naughty:]. Still trading and GA debate is goin on:frusty:. wake up:D

grimms
08-23-2008, 02:52 AM
I love the new split invite section, it dramatically decreased trading (At least publicly) Which is a great thing.

Roark
08-23-2008, 10:17 AM
You guys are naive - 5 pages and no one has mentioned the obvious: if they're not trading here, they're trading somewhere else.

More importantly, BT as a whole is dying.

I see there's no depth to your idiocy. It's being replaced by Kazaa I suppose?

wheeloftime
08-23-2008, 10:44 AM

he already did a lot in the past to get people from FST to his site, we cannot accept this

we have no problems seeing people recruiting to join a tracker, but this site is just basically the same thing as FST so they have to find their members somewhere else

Seems a bit harsh.
I thought the IC thread was started by a mod here and had MM's name in the title, so presumably it was aimed at MM. You can't really expect him not to post in it can you?

snap3r
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
True

KFlint
08-25-2008, 01:45 PM

Seems a bit harsh.
I thought the IC thread was started by a mod here and had MM's name in the title, so presumably it was aimed at MM. You can't really expect him not to post in it can you?

yeah, the mod admitted is error

the decision comes from above us, but we will be more careful about such members in the future

1000possibleclaws
08-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Seems a bit harsh.

Looking back I should not have and I regret starting that thread. I would not call it harsh punishment because this wasn't his first time publicizing that he recruits from FST and knew he had run out of strikes beforehand.

Rules are rules, and unfortunately this happens all the time. Just because he was an active member here doesn't mean they don't apply to him.