foot loose
08-22-2003, 10:41 PM
http://www.spiderman.sonypictures.com/

Gre1
08-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Nice.

MetroStars
08-22-2003, 11:01 PM
hasn't that bin out for ages, it was shown at sum comic convention, forget where tho..

Agent Smart
08-23-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by MetroStars@22 August 2003 - 23:01
hasn't that bin out for ages, it was shown at sum comic convention, forget where tho..
You must be thinking about something else.

Cygnuz-Y
08-23-2003, 04:11 AM
I just hope that this one is better than the first one, cuz the first one SUXS

Agent Smart
08-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@23 August 2003 - 04:11
I just hope that this one is better than the first one, cuz the first one SUXS
I don't think the first one sucked, but it was definitely for a younger audience.

foot loose
08-23-2003, 11:23 AM
just 2 wet da appitite :D

MetroStars
08-23-2003, 12:04 PM
You must be thinking about something else.

no dude check here

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php...mplate=newsfull (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=226&Template=newsfull)

olibomb
08-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Spiderman 1 was gd so hopefully this mite even b better

MetroStars
08-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Spiderman 1 was gd so hopefully this mite even b better

I hope so, the first 1 sucked big time, i hate the kiddy Audience....

Tmpj
08-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Oh Man! I gotta get in the cinema and see this baby! :D ;) B)
Incl. get some DVDs! :D B)

Miyake
08-23-2003, 12:41 PM
yey i decent bad guy, octacon ocopus whatever his name is lol, a better enemy woulda been that mysic geeza with a goldfish bowl on his head (or is that xmen?)

i was looking fwd to seeing taht black venom dude from the animated series.

i know who im talking about bt ive forgot the names cuz i was like 8 when the animated series was on :lol:

MetroStars
08-23-2003, 12:46 PM
dude u talking about Mysterio ;)

Miyake
08-23-2003, 01:21 PM
yeah thats him, like i said i was young

RGX
08-23-2003, 01:23 PM
And yeah black venom would have been cool, a 7 foot tall muscle ripped multiple-razor-sharp-toothed version of spiderman would have been truly amazing

But I seem to remember that when venom was created (some sort of experiment I beleive, on spiderman) he worked for one of the bad guys, so you never know, you may see him as a henchman

thisiswhoweare
08-23-2003, 01:39 PM
venom is a symbiote with eddie brock as far as I know. It wasnt created by an experiment.

RGX
08-23-2003, 01:51 PM
ah well, knew i'd get slapped down by someone who knew lol

abu_has_the_power
08-23-2003, 02:12 PM
anyone have a preview or trailer yet?

Amarjit
08-23-2003, 02:17 PM
This movie is definitely gonna rock, more so than the first one and that was brilliant! I have my suspicicions but obviously Doc Oct is to appear as the villian and I read a few months back that The Kat was to be in it as well. Peter's life isn't going to smoothly with Harry's grudge of losing his father trailing behind him, and Aunt May and MJ don't exactly think he's brilliant any more. But on other forums I've read that Spider-Man The Movie 3 is to be released in 2006, featuring Venom and Carnage. The Rock may play Brock and I don't know who plays Cassady. I sure am looking forward to seeing this spectacular film and remember, with great power, there must also come great responsibility. ;)

Amarjit
08-23-2003, 02:23 PM
venom is a symbiote with eddie brock as far as I know. It wasnt created by an experiment.

If you've been watching the cartoon on Fox Kids for years like me then you'll know that the Jameson shuttle brought the symbiote with them which soon merged with Spider-Man, Parker soon removed of it when doing a favour for JJ Jameson and whilst there a loud bell had caused Parker and the simbiote to seperate but to lead to Brock and the symbiote to form VENOM!

Carnage is the result of Mordo reversing a shuttle to bring back another simbiote which was bred from the original simbiote and therefore merged with insane patient Cassady, in this chapter Iron Man and War Machine appeared! This is great as well as Venom, a strong villian teaming up with Spider-Man.

RGX
08-23-2003, 02:30 PM
ok then

thisiswhoweare
08-23-2003, 02:47 PM
yep ive watched the cartoons too, the same ones :)

Busyman
08-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Gosh you guys don't read comics at all. The cartoon twisted the story.
First off, Spiderman had a black costume with a white spider on the front. He got this at the end of Secret Wars #9. The heroes like Thor and She-Hulk found a machine that made them new costumes instantly. Spiderman hears about this and goes into the room and see a black ball in the middle of a machine. He touches it and it forms all around him. The last panel shows him with the new costume.

Jumping ahead to his comic series, he notices he doesn't have to press the buttons in his palms to shoot webs; he just thinks about it and it happens. He also realizes that he's a little more brutal to the bad guys and even wouldn't mind killing them. After many comics with the black costume he comes to revelation that this suit is actually alive. He finds that the suit hates sonic soundwaves so he blast himself with it and the suit crawls away. Meanwhile as a back story that I won't go to far into, Eddie Brock had a work related grudge against Peter Parker and as fate would have it the suit merges with him. The suit hated Spiderman and Eddie Brock hated Peter Parker.
This was Venom. The cartoon was good for cartoon's sake but they totally fucked up a good story. You guys need back issues of some comics.

Carnage came from a piece of Venom which merge with serial killer named Cletus Kassady. He was red and skinny and formed parts of his body to make stabbing weapons. There was a big crossover in the Spiderman comics called Maximum Carnage. I think it was 12 issues long.

Hollywood always fucks up a good story. They make story boards for movies. Why not just use the comic itself as the basic storyboard and pay the "original" author as well as the screenplay writer?

MetroStars
08-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Busyman is right, but i thought i wud share my nerdiness

Appearance
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 260 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Reddish Blond
Features: As Venom, Brock has an elongated jaw, teeth, and tongue which are really part of the alien costume

Powers & Paraphenalia
Strength Level: 11 tons under optimal contditons
Powers: Brock's powers stem from his symbiotic relationship with the alien that serves as his costume. The symbiote can mimic any type of clothing whatsoever, as well as blending Venom in his surroundings, rendering him invisible. The symbiote has augmented all of Brock's physical abilities to superhuman levels equal to, and in some cases greater than, Spider-Man's.
Abilities: Venom also possesses the ability to adhere to most sufaces. Venom can animate any part of his costume and can fire a web-like substance from his hands. Because the symbiote was previously attached to Peter, it knows how to shield itself from Spider-Man's spider-sense.
Equipment: None
Weapons: None
Limitations: The symbiote is extremely sensitive to sonic and thermal attacks.

Background
It all started with a simple mistake. While participating in the first Secret Wars, Spider-Man really trashed his costume. He came across two other heroes who earlier had similar problems and told him there was a wondrous machine capable of making any article of clothing you can think of. Unfortunately for poor Spidey, they neglected to tell him where to find it. Spider-Man did find a device that he thought looked like "it wants to make a costume". It produced a small, black ball that initially set off his spider-sense as he picked it up. The ball oozed over the confused hero and became a black costume. Spider-Man wore the costume for a few months, enjoying the fact that it produced its own webbing and could change to mimic his civilian clothes.
This all came to an end when Spider-Man discovered his nifty new threads were actually an alien symbiote trying to bond to him permanently. Mr. Fantastic separated the two with his "sonic blaster" and captured the symbiote for study. It should be noted that during the period that Spider-Man wore the alien costume, there was evidence that the symbiote somehow fed on his adrenaline. The costume escaped and rejoined Spider-Man briefly, but the hero tried to kill the symbiote using the noise from a church's bell tower. The plan worked too well, and the symbiote saved Spidey's life before hiding itself in the church.

The other half of this future combo, Eddie Brock, was the star investigative reporter for the Daily Globe. Eddie was a particularly driven man driven to seek the approval of his stone-hearted father. It stands to reason that when his biggest score--a man confessing to be the then-active Sin-Eater--was exposed as a fraud when the real Sin-Eater was captured by Spider-Man, Brock went a little over the edge. The paper fired him, his father disowned him, and his marriage ended. Brock's mind locked onto Spider-Man as the source of all his woes and thus began Brock's burning hatred of the Wall-Crawler. But life continued to deal harshly with Brock, and soon he decided to commit suicide. Stopping by a church to pray before he did the fateful deed, Brock's intense hatred of Spider-Man was noticed by the symbiote who had been hidden there since its last confrontation with Spider-Man. The two bonded and became Venom.

Venom has battled Spider-Man, and anyone else who gets in his way, numerous times since then. Brock sees himself as a hero, protecting innocents from the "evil" Spider-Man. Venom desperately hates his "son", Carnage, who he sees as a perversion of all that he is. In truth Venom has acted as a hero on several occasions, but he believes anyone he sees as "evil" should die, and this puts him in the same dubious category as the Punisher. He still hates Spider-Man, but for a while regarded him as a necessary evil since the Wall-Crawler also protects the "innocent". Venom served a homeless community of "under people" in San Francisco as their "protector" for a while but make no mistake: that Venom was insane. Shortly after that, Venom had an epic struggle with the returned Spider-Clone, Ben Reilly, who was Scarlet Spider at the time and managed to separate Brock and the symbiote.

After being rejoined, Venom's killer instincts surfaced once again, and little by little he became a threat to innocent people as well. He acquired selective amnesia (Brock no longer remembers Peter is Spider-Man, and the symbiote doesn't seem to make any effort to remind him of that). Brock absorbed Cletus Kasady's symbiote (who then found another one) and joined the Sinister Six shortly after the reboot. But he soon regretted it and then tried to kill his former teammates. He left Sandman near death, after biting a great chunk out of him, and attacked Electro, leaving him also for dead. He made some sort of peace with Spidey (again), only to foolishly blame him for something as farfetched as his wife's suicide. When the powerful human/alien hybrid known as Senator Ward, Venom lost his chance for revenge, since Ward split Brock and the symbiote apart (again).

Yeah, all these post-reboot stories were all pretty dumb, with the highlight (of dumbness) being Venom defeated by a lighter. Anyway, Brock's whereabouts are unknown, but rumours place his symbiote in Alaska. What is it doing there, and how did it get there? All these answers will come soon, in another (and hopefully not as crappy as the rest) Venom mini-series!

Busyman
08-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Hey Metro did you get that info from Marvel Universe or some website.
Also didn't you live in NY but are now in the UK. I forgot that most of the folks on here are not in America so they don't know much about these comics.

By the way, I saw another symbiote at Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure when vacationing in Florida. It was on the Spiderman ride. Her name was Scream. She had a yellow costume with a red face like Carnage but with red hair like Firestar. I've never seen her in a comic though.

MetroStars
08-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey Metro did you get that info from Marvel Universe or some website.
Also didn't you live in NY but are now in the UK. I forgot that most of the folks on here are not in America so they don't know much about these comics.

Yes, Yes i did get that info from a spidey website ;)

here

http://www.spiderfan.org/

but u sud also check out,

http://www.spidermantoyvault.com/site/index.php

http://www.samruby.com/
------------------------------

Iam an old skool spidey fan, so in other words i hate the Venom saga, i hate anything after Issuie 130 of the Amzing Spider-Man...

I luv the Steve Ditko Spidey, with his webs under his arms, that's the best

http://www.top100comics.de/images_comics/spider-man.gif