PDA

View Full Version : Storing Movies? So Confused...

javakel
09-04-2003, 01:29 AM
I'm a noob, as you have most likely already noticed, and I am SOO confused about working with different movie files, burning, storage, encoding...and about everything else associated with DVDs and downloaded movie files.

I've read several FAQ's on this subject...visited a sea of websites...and even executed a search of this forum. My efforts thus far have proven barren, mostly because all of the information I gathered only addressed how to make downloaded movies play on a regular DVD player. I don't want to do this, what I want to do should be much simpler...at least in theory.

I just want to know if anyone could tell me how to save/store the movies I've downloaded onto a CD. I don't want to convert them (or burn them, or rip them...or whatever the correct term is) so they will be compatible with a "regular" DVD player. I would just like to store them on a CD so that I can free up some space on my hard drive. All of my files are getting a bit "cluttered" and I just want to make it a bit "tidier". Is this possible?

I've read other posts where people without DVD burners were putting their movie files onto a CD-R, but yet again, they were doing this so they could view them with their DVD players. I just want to put them on a disk and then be able to play them on my PC from the disk.

If someone would be so kind as to walk me through this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

:D

Micgem
09-04-2003, 01:47 AM
Hey Javakel, I store my movies on cd with out converting them, all I do is burn them as data, and they burn as the file you got them as, and yes you can also watch them from the cd, but only on your Pc, not in a DVD player, (because they are'nt converted). Hope this helps.

javakel
09-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Thank you so much Micgem!! That was definitely helpful and certainly the type of answer I was looking for- clear, concise, and considerate. ;)

Once again, thank you for being so obliging and "dumbing it down" for me. I owe you one! :P