PDA

View Full Version : Question: Buffering Up With Another IP...

Bionic
09-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Hey there,

I was just wondering this thing in here..

If I'm low on ratio, well, hard to upload/seed back, lets say. Then, I'm letting somebody else from another country to buffer up my account with his SeedBox, is that alright? TL, RevTT? ScT? FTN? etc..

F.B.I
09-11-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a yes for your question.

johall
09-11-2008, 02:00 AM
i would ask the staff of that tracker

dr jones
09-11-2008, 02:28 AM
the best thing to do is let the staff know what you are doing

SgtMajor
09-11-2008, 03:04 AM
Word of advice, never ever give your log & pwd of your accounts to someone else who says they have a seedbox, unless you implicitly trust them with your life.

How do you know that they haven't been banned there, that the "seedbox" hasn't been banned even for false stat reporting. So many things to go wrong, dupe ip's, theft of accounts, banning both accounts etc etc.

If he is such a good friend, then get him/her to share the seedbox details with you so you can restore your own ratios to a decent level using the seedbox yourself, you can always owe him a favour or offer to share the costs.

integral
09-11-2008, 06:50 AM
I'd like to just add to what Sgt said, since that pretty much covers it; I've seen a lot of threads in this section elsewhere about people claiming people they let 'buffer their accounts' by giving their passkey/login credentials go bad quickly, not to mention that sharing accounts isn't allowed on a lot of trackers.

andertzy
09-11-2008, 07:05 AM
I think that might be considered account sharing by most of the trackers.

kondrae
09-11-2008, 07:08 AM
if he doesnt have an acc there also, then yes. but if he does, you risk ban for dupe accs if he accesses both acc's from seedbox.

t0mmy
09-11-2008, 07:32 AM
you're actually allowed to share seedboxes on most sites, just need to inform the right people, if hes paranoid just give the person the .torrent file, and he can load it onto his box.

wheeloftime
09-11-2008, 07:42 AM
As other people have said you need to let the tracker staff know what you are doing because if the IP changes to that of another country and the account activity/speed changes they may assume the account has been traded and ban it.

Disme
09-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Inform staff and/or just put it in your profile under 'info'.
And read the rules of each tracker to obtain info on the tracker about your issue.

kukushka
09-11-2008, 08:52 AM
TTI for example has a clear "yes" by the rules ) i buffered some gb's for Kondrae some time ago )

Bionic
09-11-2008, 10:51 AM
That's cool,. Thanks for letting me know.. :)

F.B.I
09-11-2008, 03:52 PM
That works on ScT, FTN, BH, TT, TL... At least this ones.

stoi
09-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Where is the fun in that though (OK some may claim its hard work, but i find it fun trying to get my ratio up, thats why i do not like SB that much from a personal point of view, they are great for the site if used wisely).

and whats the point of having promotions on the site, if you just get someone else to buffer your account.

maybe im missing something, but its your account, if you want a good ratio, work at it, its not that hard surely.

Bionic
09-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Where is the fun in that though (OK some may claim its hard work, but i find it fun trying to get my ratio up, thats why i do not like SB that much from a personal point of view, they are great for the site if used wisely).

and whats the point of having promotions on the site, if you just get someone else to buffer your account.

maybe im missing something, but its your account, if you want a good ratio, work at it, its not that hard surely.

Well, it's very hard in your site without a SeedBox, really. It's very good that's there's the Ratio Up within 2days.

kelfa
09-11-2008, 09:27 PM
this is allowed on TL, my friend does it often. He asked in the forums first, then got the ok by mods. The other person was also a member of TL.

Funkin'
09-11-2008, 09:42 PM

Well, it's very hard in your site without a SeedBox, really.

:blink: BC is one of the easiest sites to seed on, in my opinion. I've got a huge buffer(way more than I need), and I only have a home connection, that gets at max, 80kb/s upload. And usually not even that.

All you gotta do is keep your torrents alive and they'll seed.

SenorBubbz
09-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Instead of giving him your login credentials... just send him the torrent file you want buffered....

lavakille
09-12-2008, 12:35 AM
I am pretty sure you can.

Nemrod
09-12-2008, 02:18 AM
It shouldnīt be allowed... if itīs true that some sites do allow that, thing that I seriously doubt. That is sharing the account to my eyes. Plenty of ways to increase the upload by legal methods.
Different thing is sharing with a friend a seedbox.

Nemrod
09-12-2008, 02:19 AM

Nemrod
09-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Crap!

F.B.I
09-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Damn Nemrod, triple post! :P