PDA

View Full Version : Dvd's Suck

asmithz
09-04-2003, 04:59 AM
I think that dvd's suck ass, there poorly mad. When it gets the slightist scratch your screwed no more movie and we cant get repaid for it. We need to do is make a video cartrage that is in a hard case that can hold alot and have great quailty. Like mini hard disk drives. I dont know but i hate having to be carful in not scratching the cd. I love the quailty and the feature but it sux. What do you think?

Cygnuz-Y
09-04-2003, 05:11 AM
I love DVD, i don't get your point, you should't be worried about scratching, i mean, DDVD box To DVD player.... Dvd Player to DVD box.....

And about the HDD idea, is the same thing.... im not carrying my HDD around, they stay in one place....

asmithz
09-04-2003, 05:17 AM
No mini hard drive like the cartages that the N64 had but smaller and better. What i am saying this would prevent you from bad video. If you have a PS2 or xbox sometime you leave the disc out and it gets scratch and once it get to the dvd part of the game it skip or it take longer to load. I like dvd too dont get me wroung i am just say there are better solution. Tho i think this would be costly and now i figured why we use dvd disc's. There cheap and there can hold alot of space.

Cygnuz-Y
09-04-2003, 05:19 AM
EXACTLY!

The Horror fanatic
09-04-2003, 05:29 AM
the worst dvds you can get are the double sided cds and man are they pain to have. You have to be even more careful with those :angry:

asmithz
09-04-2003, 05:34 AM
wait till we get the layered dvd when you get one scratch layer all the layers will be unreadable but we wont have that till 2007.

Adster
09-04-2003, 06:20 AM
DVD is the bets quality what the hell you talking about??

videos can melt in the sun and teriate after years of use DVDs can last for ever are digital have better sound you have to look after them propaly its your fault if they get sratched

asmithz
09-04-2003, 06:42 AM
dvd's are good but we could do better thats all i am saying and i didnt say that VHS was better then DVD.

Schmiggy_JK23
09-04-2003, 06:50 AM
1. DVD's are already dual layered... many, prolly more then 50% are, hence why its so hard to make a exact duplica of a dvd, cuz dvd burners dont support dual layers yet.

2. If you cant take care of your dvds, by putting them away, keeping them clean, why buy them?

3. try some of the scrath remover stuff, you can buy at stores, may help

asmithz
09-04-2003, 06:58 AM
I dont scratch mine i am saying it sucks that we have to be carful. Also i was talking about the 50 layer dvd disc that are comming in 2007.

that1dude
09-04-2003, 07:19 AM
i think you need to get yourself a better dvd player becuase it sounds to be that your dvds scratch and your crappy dvd player cant read. i could play scratched to all fuck dvds just fine. so quit complaining/

asmithz
09-04-2003, 07:27 AM
damb now i regrate making this topic. Its not what i meant i can play scratch too fuck dvds too i am saying it suck that we have to be careful.

Adster
09-04-2003, 08:05 AM
There comign out with those dispoal ones soon which will last 24hrs

asmithz
09-04-2003, 08:08 AM
LoL what does it melt into a liquide after the 24 hours are over.

Turd Ferguson
09-04-2003, 08:36 AM
I know what you're trying to say Shadow Hacker. I work in a video store and the amount of dvds that get returned damaged is mind boggling. People just don't give a shit about the discs when they don't own them. But if you look after your discs there shouldn't be a problem - although I get your point about having some kind of casing for protection.

asmithz
09-04-2003, 08:41 AM
A little history here. When cd's first came out they had a case that went over it and it work like a floppy disc it had a the bottom a panal that slide open when you stuck the case in the drive.(the drive that was built for this) I have one and i wish they broght it back it was the greatest idea but never cought on.

asmithz
09-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Turd Ferguson, i hate how people mistreat rent games and dvd's i hat it when you get a movie come all the way home and it dosent work and you have to go back. I go to hollywood video and its like 5-10 miles so its not cool. I would go to blockbuter but i owe to much. hehe :P

Adster
09-04-2003, 08:49 AM
I know what you're trying to say Shadow Hacker. I work in a video store and the amount of dvds that get returned damaged is mind boggling. People just don't give a shit about the discs when they don't own them. But if you look after your discs there shouldn't be a problem - although I get your point about having some kind of casing for protection.

yep thats why there coming out with these disposal disks so that it throw away after you rent it

very soon though in years to come there wont be such thing as a video store it will all be done via the net where you have a account number put it in tell them the start time you want your movie to show and then thats it.

you turn on your TV and it will start up at the time you said kind of like Cable TV

3RA1N1AC
09-04-2003, 09:30 AM
there's no such thing as permanent digital storage anyway. just don't abuse your discs and they'll be playable until the next format comes along and makes DVD obsolete.

asmithz
09-04-2003, 09:48 AM
yeah yeah just sit here and wait