PDA

View Full Version : Help Problem With Installs Some Games

stormmo343
09-04-2003, 10:47 AM
hay ppl i'm a long time viewer, first time poster! :P

i seem to be having a problem with installing some cd game images. it happens when i try to install: unreal2, GTA4 vice city and simcity4. an error pops up that says error(Cyclic redundancy check) with like one of the data.cab files can anyone help me?? or does anyone else get the same problem.

ps. i have tryed to download other images but it dose the same thing :(

N£MO
09-04-2003, 11:19 AM
CRC errors happen with corrupted images,you can try and repair it before you burn it or you will have to re-download them,sadly.

I would try getting image files from other sources as kazaa lite is notorious for this as it does not have intelligent corruption handling.

Try Emule,Shareza or bittorrent. :)

EDIT:Welcome to the forum. ;)

DarthInsinuate
09-04-2003, 12:54 PM
use either CDMage or DrSpud's KCF (search the board for it) to repair them

stormmo343
09-08-2003, 10:00 AM
:( this is the worst! yeh i used CDmage to find all the error things but it dont fucking repair them lol its the worst! is there anyother way i can repair them probly not ay? arrr this sux! i just want to play the dam game lol

swarnel
09-08-2003, 10:09 AM
yeah u should use overnet or emule to get games of the net they may be slower but they will never be corrupt

MUSLEMAN
09-08-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by swarnel@8 September 2003 - 06:09
yeah u should use overnet or emule to get games of the net they may be slower but they will never be corrupt
i concure :lol: :lol: :lol: but make sure you run ad aware or spy sweeper after overnet or edonkey as they both have spyware