PDA

View Full Version : Movies Onto Cd

traveller04
09-05-2003, 06:22 PM
I'm looking to put several movies I have onto CD, so that they can be played on a DVD player. Does anyone have a link to a tutorial, that would talk me through this process. :)

javakel
09-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Could you provide some more specifics please? What format are the movies in? (I'm assuming you mean burning movies you've downloaded onto a CD.) Do you have a DVD burner? What kind of CD do you want to put them on? CD-R/RW (if you have a CD burner but not DVD), DVD-R/RW? Are they "complete" files, or are some of them split up into two sections?

If you provide this information, it will be a lot easier for someone to help you. Plus you won't be directed to a bunch of info. that doesn't apply to what you want to do.

MadDog-2000
09-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Try Doom9 (http://www.doom9.org/). I suggest you take a look at the :rtfaq: and also :rtfm: because it's all in there.

mogadishu
09-05-2003, 06:38 PM
FAQ and Google.

traveller04
09-05-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by javakel@5 September 2003 - 18:28
Could you provide some more specifics please? What format are the movies in? (I'm assuming you mean burning movies you've downloaded onto a CD.) Do you have a DVD burner? What kind of CD do you want to put them on? CD-R/RW (if you have a CD burner but not DVD), DVD-R/RW? Are they "complete" files, or are some of them split up into two sections?

If you provide this information, it will be a lot easier for someone to help you. Plus you won't be directed to a bunch of info. that doesn't apply to what you want to do.
Currently the movies are all in .avi format, however changing them shouln't be a problem. No, they're not downloaded movies, it's a short frame-by-frame movie I made. I don't have a DVD burner. I'm planning onto putting them onto a CD-R, they are all complete files.

I already checked the FAQ and I'm not really sure the FAQ and Doom 9 apply to me because they're talking about ripping DVD movies and burning to DVD.

Sorry I wasn't so spesific before, if somebody could help me now, I'd very much appreciate it. :)

toddiscool
09-05-2003, 08:26 PM
Very easy to follow guide in sig, not that good but easy to follow. :D

D!mensio_x
09-05-2003, 09:26 PM
:ph34r: Doom9 can definately help you with your problem, because they also talk about encoding avi to vcd/svcd.

You can use for instance a program called Dvd2svcd along with an encoder like Cinema Craft Encoder (or TmpegEnc or Canopus Procoder). In Dvd2svcd you can choose the format of the input file (dvd, avi, dv), aswell as the output file (mpeg1, mpeg2, dvd). When you choose avi as the input file then the program will change into Avi2svcd, which is exactly what you need.

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r:

traveller04
09-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by D!mensio_x@5 September 2003 - 21:26
:ph34r: Doom9 can definately help you with your problem, because they also talk about encoding avi to vcd/svcd.

You can use for instance a program called Dvd2svcd along with an encoder like Cinema Craft Encoder (or TmpegEnc or Canopus Procoder). In Dvd2svcd you can choose the format of the input file (dvd, avi, dv), aswell as the output file (mpeg1, mpeg2, dvd). When you choose avi as the input file then the program will change into Avi2svcd, which is exactly what you need.

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r:
But, you've confused me already. Remeber it's teh first time I've done this. ;)

traveller04
09-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by toddiscool@5 September 2003 - 20:26
Very easy to follow guide in sig, not that good but easy to follow. :D
Thanks for the great link, I download the first reccomened program, but the second needs Xp or 2000, so I'll give it a go on my XP in the morning, thanks again.

D!mensio_x
09-07-2003, 02:51 PM
:ph34r: Well, if you are confused already and not even willing to try what I've told you, then you are out of my league. It's of no use, that I will help you further then. Good Luck. :ph34r:

Gre1
09-07-2003, 03:24 PM
I doubt u will be putting several movies on one disc unless it's a DVD-R cause a regular cd will not hold more than one unless there real small.

MUSLEMAN
09-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Anthony_john5@5 September 2003 - 16:13
No, they're not downloaded movies, it's a short frame-by-frame movie I made.

why can't he fit few short fram by fram on a cd??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Gre1
09-07-2003, 04:46 PM
He can since their small but I was letting him know u can't fit more than one movie on one disc (CD-R) with good quality for future reference.

MUSLEMAN
09-07-2003, 05:16 PM
well thats great but thats not what he was asking and i have a feeling he already knew that since he specified that they were small movies.

Gre1
09-07-2003, 05:23 PM
U don't know what he knows.

D!mensio_x
09-07-2003, 09:08 PM
:ph34r: He knows just about nothing, because if he did, he would be smart enough to read the FAQ's and search the forum first, before posting a question like this. :ph34r:

ragz
09-07-2003, 11:47 PM
<_< If you have AVI files you have to convert using tmgpeg or something similar but that will bring thenfile from say 150 meg to 400 meg and more, so if you want to put a few on one cd you will need at least a 4.7 gig cd but this will not be recognised by a standard cdrw writer so you will need a dvdrw to burn them , and finally there are a lot of movies that have mpeg4 sound problems "Usually the sound wont match the video or the sound is not recognised , then you have to remove the audio and covert it to wave then run through tmgpeg joining them together again . All in all its not worth the hassle just use separate cd&#39;s for each film or wait for the new DVD player thats out on the market that also plays AVI formats.....

ragz
09-07-2003, 11:55 PM
this is the best site i&#39;ve come across for learning the conerting process
http://www.dvdrhelp.com