PDA

View Full Version : help needed regarding internet download manager

sumvell
10-08-2008, 05:18 AM
Hi all ...

I have some kind of the problem

I am accessing the internet through a proxy server with username and password in my campus .

Well , it is about 5 days , that I have a great problem .

I can access internet easily , with my IE , FireFox , Opera etc. ... ( just by setting the lan configurations , proxy settings , and finally entering my user name and password )

BUTTTT ....

When I try to use for example, IDM ( Internet Downloadmanager ) or FlashGet , or DAP or .... although all proxy settings and username and passwords are correct ! when the program try to access internet , it FAILS ! and says :

" HTTP/1.0 407 Authontication Requierd ........ "

just like I have entered the username and password uncorrect ! ( which is not true at all ) ...

before then , there was no problem , but here there IS !

is there any way to solve it ?

sumvell
10-15-2008, 12:36 PM
bump

s_player
10-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Try to set user agent option in your download manager to imitate IE.
For example in flashget:
tools -> options... -> protocol -> user-agent

triso
10-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi all ...

I have some kind of the problem

I am accessing the internet through a proxy server with username and password in my campus .

Well , it is about 5 days , that I have a great problem .

I can access internet easily , with my IE , FireFox , Opera etc. ... ( just by setting the lan configurations , proxy settings , and finally entering my user name and password )

BUTTTT ....

When I try to use for example, IDM ( Internet Downloadmanager ) or FlashGet , or DAP or .... although all proxy settings and username and passwords are correct ! when the program try to access internet , it FAILS ! and says :

" HTTP/1.0 407 Authontication Requierd ........ "

just like I have entered the username and password uncorrect ! ( which is not true at all ) ...

before then , there was no problem , but here there IS !

is there any way to solve it ?
Why is this message, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=711166 almost identical to this one? However, it is from Feb 28, 2008. The replies to this message are also similar. How strange.

sumvell
10-16-2008, 06:50 AM
its the same because i'm having the exact same problem. so instead of typing a new post, i just copied it. but i couldn't get any answers on that forum as it was a ubuntu forum.
so posted it here.
hope that clears the air!!!!

sumvell
11-04-2008, 10:29 AM
no replies :(

please someone help me