PDA

View Full Version : Can't Resume Downloads

plataputtyfreeforall
09-06-2003, 05:04 AM
I’ve asked about his before, didn’t get any kind of answer and the problem is getting worse so I’m asking again.

For whatever reason it’s sometimes impossible to resume a download a file after it’s been paused. What often happens is a number of available files come up (between 4 and 7) as being available for sharing then they disappear one by one then I get a “searching” message that just sits there forever. Right now I have 40M of a 65M file that I haven’t been able to resume for two days. I know (from this happening before) that if I cancel it and start over with a new search it will find plenty of people sharing the file but then I have to start over from scratch. With a cruddy 56k connection that SUCKS!

People rail about others not sharing and I have over 2000 files that are being uploaded constantly but it really does look like my connection, when trying to resume, is being refused. I thought it might have something to do with a setting in my OPTIONS but everything looks OK so I really don’t know what the hell is going on here. Any help, insight or suggestions greatly appreciated.

clocker
09-06-2003, 05:39 AM
Why don't you try running a search for the file that is paused before you try to resuime it?
Once you get some new search results hit "resume" and see what happens.

plataputtyfreeforall
09-06-2003, 06:00 AM
Why don't you try running a search for the file that is paused before you try to resuime it?
Once you get some new search results hit "resume" and see what happens.

Yup... done that and it comes up with the file I'm looking for and I can start a fresh download if I want but who wants to do that?! The user names that come up on a new search are the same ones that come up when trying to resume the paused file. The problem is that when these files come up when I try to resume they virtually NEVER connect and then just disappear. Then I get a SEARCHING that never connects with anything.