PDA

View Full Version : Uh?!...what?!...get A Clue

xenongod
09-07-2003, 12:13 AM
Okay...well...I have Broadband Internet with one of the baddest computers on this earth...and I DO share my files for a period of time. When I get down to about 1/4 empty hard drive...I burn off the files onto CD....usually leaving the file on the network for around 2-3 days so other people may download it from me and taking advantage of my 2.6megs of bandwidth...yessiree.

I was downloading from a certain user last night while I went to work...come back...got a message from him saying that he is cutting me off due to me not sharing. Well...well...well...I leave uploads set at 2 max so my bandwidth may be used to its full potential so not to get too many 56Kers robbing valuable speed.

So..whoever you may be that cut me off...you are one ignorant fellow...I have to say. Have a little bit of patience and wait a little bit to get queued up for my shared files. Some of you think you are sooooo righteous when it comes to sharing that you "get off" by cutting off someone who you think is not sharing...just plain UNCOOL!!...get a clue...read the friggin' "Help" section and learn a little. Just blowing some steam...and if I do ever see that certain user trying to download any of my files...you will be CANCELLED...hehe..and it will be my turn. Otherwise...anyone else is welcome to my shared files...enjoy. :blink:

james_bond_rulez
09-07-2003, 12:25 AM
stop crying people got cut off all the time

so what?

MediaSlayer
09-07-2003, 12:27 AM
great first post

miccheck1516
09-07-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by xenongod@7 September 2003 - 01:13
Okay...well...I have Broadband Internet with one of the baddest computers on this earth...and I DO share my files for a period of time. When I get down to about 1/4 empty hard drive...I burn off the files onto CD....usually leaving the file on the network for around 2-3 days so other people may download it from me and taking advantage of my 2.6megs of bandwidth...yessiree.

I was downloading from a certain user last night while I went to work...come back...got a message from him saying that he is cutting me off due to me not sharing. Well...well...well...I leave uploads set at 2 max so my bandwidth may be used to its full potential so not to get too many 56Kers robbing valuable speed.

So..whoever you may be that cut me off...you are one ignorant fellow...I have to say. Have a little bit of patience and wait a little bit to get queued up for my shared files. Some of you think you are sooooo righteous when it comes to sharing that you "get off" by cutting off someone who you think is not sharing...just plain UNCOOL!!...get a clue...read the friggin' "Help" section and learn a little. Just blowing some steam...and if I do ever see that certain user trying to download any of my files...you will be CANCELLED...hehe..and it will be my turn. Otherwise...anyone else is welcome to my shared files...enjoy. :blink:
your telling people to read the FAQ :D

CaresToShare
09-07-2003, 12:30 AM
:( I'm sort of new to Kazza Lite and I agree that the 56kers are probably cutting
in during my downloads and I too have a cable modem... so I feel your pain. I leave my shared files free and clear noticing faster uploads from other users but slower downloads for me! As for cutting in, I wouldn't know how and even if I did,
I wouldn't. It's just not nice. I wouldn't cut in line anywhere else, why would I here? I just allow members to upload at their highest speed, whatever, while
my downloads are creeping along at 5.00 KB or below. So, to the users who jump to conclusions or just run out of patience....If you can't get to my file(s) or if
you may be at 20.00kb but want to get to 100 or above,like I notice in my upload column, keep in mind that I'm creeping at 5.00 with some of my downloads... So if I don't
cut you off... please don't cut me off. Or at least let me finish the download
if I'm traveling at "Maximum Speed" which is very very rare for me even though I have a cable modem, I notice almost every single time I download if I'm at 65.00 or above, I get cut off!! Why? I don't do it to other users? Then again, I'm not the jealous type.

Sooo, everyone... please don't cut members off just because you can't queue...
(or cut in)... You can tell if a member is sharing files uploaded from you by just checking their user status... I'm a Kazza lite "Master" sharing. So, just wait your turn... patience is a virtue. And remember, the more people you allow to upload AND share, it makes it easier for others to access THEIR full files and share them as well. In the long run it's good for everyone.
:D Ann
P.S I edited this post and a nice user corrected me with a reply to my first post, you CANT tell if a user shares by
just recognizing their "status"... but I think there are other ways to find out if the user is sharing without cutting them off.

I'm_going_slightly_mad
09-07-2003, 12:48 AM
CaresToShare said:

You can tell if a member is sharing files uploaded from you by just checking their user status... I'm a Kazza lite "Master" sharing.

No, you cannot tell whether or not a person is sharing by what their status says. Just because it says you are a Kazaa Lite Master does not mean you might be even sharing.

Argh! :pirate:

CaresToShare
09-07-2003, 12:52 AM
:huh: Thanks, I guess I stand to be corrected... but I do share movies and there
has to be a way a member can check without cutting another user off... isn't there?
Like I said, I am new... No need to be so nasty... <_< I&#39;m learning as I&#39;m coming along though.
:rolleyes:
Ann

I'm_going_slightly_mad
09-07-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by CaresToShare@6 September 2003 - 19:53
:huh: Thanks, I guess I stand to be corrected... but I do share movies and there
has to be a way a member can check without cutting another user off... isn&#39;t there?
Like I said, I am new... No need to be so nasty... <_< I&#39;m learning as I&#39;m coming along though.
Ann
Sorry for being that way. :( I am going to edit the post. Welcome to the forum. :)

Cheers&#33;

Suzi

CaresToShare
09-07-2003, 01:11 AM
:rolleyes: s&#39;ok I still have to live and learn and then get "Luvs", right?
:D
Ann

DasScoot
09-07-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by CaresToShare@7 September 2003 - 00:52
has to be a way a member can check without cutting another user off... isn&#39;t there?
Ann
There&#39;s no sure way to check.

And to the original poster, the odds that the guy reads these forums is a million to one :P

javakel
09-07-2003, 02:26 AM
Right on...this is a prime example of the way all posts should be. Wow...I guess it ispossible to express frustrations, concerns, and discontent without insulting others, jumping to conclusions, or quickly becomming overly defensive. ;)

CaresToShare
09-07-2003, 03:13 AM
B) To Das Scout...
I&#39;m a "Gal" not a "guy".... I&#39;m also new here... and yes, this is my first time
I read these posts... I didn&#39;t even know that this site was even here until today.
I wish I would&#39;ve known earler, it would&#39;ve saved me a lot of trial and error when
I first started using Kazza Lite and wasn&#39;t sure how it "worked". Maybe I could suggest to the administrators (If they read this post) and
the members who help "run" this site to add within the access screen that this site IS available for new users such as myself, it would help. Maybe they already have but I didn&#39;t notice it on the "main" site when you first sign in. They are doing an absolutely wonderful job but it would help to add some type of link to these boards. And yes, you can say
that I&#39;m Kazza "illiterate", I&#39;m not ashamed to admit it. Aren&#39;t we all at one point in time or another with everything we begin to learn at first.
:)
Ann

DasScoot
09-07-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by CaresToShare@7 September 2003 - 03:13
B) To Das Scout...
I&#39;m a "Gal" not a "guy".... I&#39;m also new here... and yes, this is my first time
I read these posts... I didn&#39;t even know that this site was even here until today.
I wish I would&#39;ve known earler, it would&#39;ve saved me a lot of trial and error when
I first started using Kazza Lite and wasn&#39;t sure how it "worked". Maybe I could suggest to the administrators (If they read this post) and
the members who help "run" this site to add within the access screen that this site IS available for new users such as myself, it would help. Maybe they already have but I didn&#39;t notice it on the "main" site when you first sign in. They are doing an absolutely wonderful job but it would help to add some type of link to these boards. And yes, you can say
that I&#39;m Kazza "illiterate", I&#39;m not ashamed to admit it. Aren&#39;t we all at one point in time or another with everything we begin to learn at first.
:)
Ann
That&#39;s nice, but I never called you a guy. ;)

...Unless you&#39;re the one who cut the 1st poster off. Then you&#39;d be a bitch. :D

CaresToShare
09-07-2003, 07:01 AM
:o Oookkkaayyy, NOW I have absolutely no clue what or who you&#39;re talking about...I wouldn&#39;t even
know how to "cut" a "poster" off... I suggest you to scroll up and find out who
you are talking to(?)
:unsure:
Ann
Bitch, me? No,--- I&#39;m one of those disgustingly nice people. Save the Whales,
Save the Children, Save the World, Save the Rainforests, SAVE KAZZAA LITE, etc. etc. I even have a bumper sticker on my car that says M.A.R.R. <-- "Mother&#39;s Against Road Rage".. YEP, I&#39;m one of those... maybe
a nudge and an annoying pain in the ass, but definitely not a "bitch". Look at my login name for pete sake&#33;
<_<
Ann

DasScoot
09-07-2003, 08:54 AM
See, the original poster would be the person who started the thread. Not the one who posted fifth.

mogadishu
09-07-2003, 05:14 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/whocares6.jpg

xenongod
09-07-2003, 05:36 PM
I DO&#33;&#33;...for one..and obviously some other users do to. Just wanted to add...I also opted to have privacy on my shared files...in other words...you can&#39;t search through my shared files...because...that makes it so no one user can grab whatever he/she wants and slow down my connection by monopolizing my files. If you want one of my shared files....you must know what you want and search for it...and if just so happens that I have it...then you will probably download it from my hard drive. Another thing...my Participation Level (PL) is set to always be K-lite Master (1000)...there should be no bias due to a rating system. If you are sharing...then that is all that counts and keeps users happy. It is rightfully up to each user of this network to decide whether or not to share files...but...my point was that if someone is downloading from you and then for some reason you think the user is not sharing...you probably are mistaken because there are many options with this software that make it so it may seem that way. For you people that replied to this thread and said "Who cares"...then get off the forum and the network...because that is why it is here in the first place...you ignorant FOOOOOOOLS&#33;&#33; :P

slammy_dunken
09-08-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by mogadishu@7 September 2003 - 11:14
What he said. So one user on a network full of 5 million users cuts you off. Who cares? It&#39;s just ONE PERSON&#33;&#33;&#33; It&#39;s not like it&#39;s the whole network that cuts you off.

asmithz
09-08-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by mogadishu@7 September 2003 - 10:14
I agree i just dont give a fuuuck&#33;