PDA

View Full Version : Sharman Wants To End Kazaa Hacks

sharedholder
09-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Why Sharman Wants to End Kazaa Hacks

September 5, 2003
Ciarán Tannam

It has been well documented by this stage that last week Sharman issued a series of DMCA violation notices against several sites including Slyck and Google. Ray from Slyck issued a statement denouncing the move while Google linked to the DMCA notice at the bottom of each search result, which in turn linked to the removed sites. In the interest of fairness we sought an explanation from Sharman for their actions. Phil Morle, CTO of Sharman spoke to Slyck.

Essentially Sharman stated that they had conducted these actions because “a time had come where we need to stop the mass distribution of hacked versions of KMD because of a series of problems that they cause”. They stated that the issues related to the hacks included the fact that they were ...

"Anti-p2p as each hack out there just diminishes the P2P experience for others”. They are "Unstable as these applications hack the software, not at the source code level, but by performing dangerous modifications, often while various values are in memory". Phil added that they were "Short-sighted as long as these applications remove the capacity for Kazaa to display licensed content to its users, it is helping to prolong the legal ambiguities of p2p." Phil also pointed to the scam artists that sell kazaa hacks via the Google sponsored links.

In addition Sharman has rubbished claims that there was a connection between the issue of the DMCA and the launch of Kazaa Plus. Phil said “That the DMCA notice arrived at a similar time to our Kazaa Plus pre-announcement is a complete coincidence.”

So do any of these reasons make sense and justify issuing DMCA violation notices that have seemingly further damage people’s perception of Sharman?

Certainly some of the justifications will ring hollow with typical p2p users who are typically after non-DRM content and have not experienced any significant issues using kazaa Lite. The manner and necessity of the DMCA notices which were issued also still needs addressing. Sharman did not respond directly to questions from Slyck over violation of freedom of speech.

If nothing else the response indicates the strategy of this large commercially driven p2p company. It shows their desire to increase DRM content, remove their legal headache and to exercise greater control of distribution and references to the kazaa brand.

The response does highlight the forgotten problems that some hacks can cause developers but does not deal with what might have motivated people to create these hacks or the motivation of users to divert in droves to utilising them.

SOURCE (http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=230)

toddiscool
09-07-2003, 03:08 AM
"Anti-p2p as each hack out there just diminishes the P2P experience for others”. They are "Unstable as these applications hack the software, not at the source code level, but by performing dangerous modifications, often while various values are in memory". Phil added that they were "Short-sighted as long as these applications remove the capacity for Kazaa to display licensed content to its users, it is helping to prolong the legal ambiguities of p2p." Phil also pointed to the scam artists that sell kazaa hacks via the Google sponsored links.

HAHA, I ask how may people switched to kazaa lite because KMD was cauing problems on their machines? Not just the adds, but serious OS problems. I know that I did.

random nut
09-07-2003, 03:29 AM
Go to their forum (click the link at the bottom of the article) and read my reply to their CTO, who doesn't even know what features his own Kazaa Plus has.

clocker
09-07-2003, 03:57 AM
Wow RN, you pretty much nailed his nutsack to the wall, didn't you?

The CTO of Sharman must learn that being glib is no substitute for being right.

Beautiful.

toddiscool
09-07-2003, 05:12 AM
Wow random, very well put.

Sparkle1984
09-08-2003, 10:04 AM
Nice one Random Nut!!! :D You tell them!!!

It's good to see that you really care about your users and the filesharing community.

Your work is awesome, and as a computing science student I find it really inspirational, and admirable. :)

james_bond_rulez
09-08-2003, 05:19 PM
i thought kazaa is a discentralized network

if it's OUR machines that got fucked up by the so-called kmd lite "malware", so why the fuck is shareman so worried about?

I think it's their way of saying piss off stop stealing my share of the p2p market and MONEY is all they care about from all the ad commissions they get from the banners in THEIR kmd application, which is crap anyways

DasScoot
09-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Good post random.

If they just came out and said "We need the money" I wouldn't mind so much, but when a company tries to tell us it's for our own good, that pisses me off. Metallica did the same thing when they backtracked and said they were just upset that their fans were downloading low quality versions of their songs.

I appreciate Sharman for creating Kazaa and fighting the RIAA lawyers, but they're out for profits as much as the RIAA is.

RedDevil10
09-09-2003, 09:33 AM
kazaa gave me a virus

toddiscool
09-09-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by RedDevil10@9 September 2003 - 10:33
kazaa gave me a virus
What you downloaded off kazaa gave you a virus.

asmithz
09-09-2003, 09:46 AM
I download K-plus just to see what the hell it can do (dumbass thing to do), it wount even load. It just sat there waht piece of crap.

N£MO
09-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by random nut@7 September 2003 - 04:29
Go to their forum (click the link at the bottom of the article) and read my reply to their CTO, who doesn't even know what features his own Kazaa Plus has.
Very well put RN,respect. ;)

Supernatural
09-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Random Nut:

First let me say that I deeply appreciate all the work you've put into K-Lite K++, making it the best P2P file sharing program in the world. For FREE! Hats off to you.

Your response to Phil Morle's post was great, and I hope he learned from it.

But I noticed that you said you could change K-Lite's GUI and add other netwoks to it. Why don't you?! I think those are great idea that would make this program even greater. I'm not making any demands though. Your past and continuous work on K++ is outstanding. I just know I'll love whatever you choose to do with K-Lite in the future.

Cheers. :beerchug:

Switeck
09-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by RedDevil10@9 September 2003 - 04:33
kazaa gave me a virus
So out of the probably 10+ million Kazaa/Kazaa Lite/Grokster/Imesh users that have EVER used the program, you managed to find someone sharing a virus, download it, run it, and it messed your computer up ...and you blame the NETWORK and program for letting you find the virus in the first place?

How in the world is any software to protect millions of idiots from themselves?

If they're not running antivirus software, that's probably ALL the more reason for you to keep yours up-to-date and even run more than 1 brand of antivirus software.

It won't protect you 100%, but life's no fun without at least a tiny amount of risk.

random nut
09-09-2003, 11:07 PM
But I noticed that you said you could change K-Lite's GUI and add other netwoks to it. Why don't you?! I think those are great idea that would make this program even greater. I'm not making any demands though. Your past and continuous work on K++ is outstanding. I just know I'll love whatever you choose to do with K-Lite in the future.

Cheers.  :beerchug:
There are at least two reasons why I haven't done that, which I also mentioned in slyck.com's forum: I don't have enough time, and I don't use the FastTrack network.

4play
09-09-2003, 11:26 PM
i cant get onto the site :(

i was lookign forward to see Rn roast the sharman cto.

random nut
09-10-2003, 12:27 AM
Try again. I just checked and it was working.

balamm
09-10-2003, 12:31 AM
RN's post >> http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?...er=asc&start=15 (http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1935&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15)

And the entire thread >>

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1935

The prick from RIAA was on CNN with Erin Brown speaking about some of this last night.

sharedholder
09-10-2003, 12:31 AM
Random Nut Rocks!

This is in reply to the original post made by the CTO of Sharman Networks.

Quote:
· Make the application as safe as possible, protecting users from viruses, accidental sharing and minors from inappropriate files. 

You forget a very important thing, protecting your users, and now paying customers, from getting sued by various organizations. You have no protection for that, because you either can't do it or don't want to do it. You may have a deal with the RIAA/MPAA not to add such a feature to your program, or your lawyers said that adding such a feature wouldn't be good for the company when in court.

Quote:

· Provide access to great licensed content and files. This is a huge job that can’t be rolled out over night, but day by day, you’ll see more and more high quality DRM protected files and original content. 

The only reason you add DRM content to Kazaa is to try to legitimize Kazaa and make it a pay-to-use p2p program. There's a lot of money in it for you and you want to do it. In a couple of years, if Kazaa and the FastTrack network are still alive, Kazaa will only have DRM content, and there will be no other files on the network.

Quote:
Now let's talk about Kazaa Lite and other mods to our software. These applications are:
· Anti-p2p. The ones that concern me most are the various 'Participation Level Hacks'. Participation Level was created to strengthen the very concept of P2P. Some users responded by hacking the software so that they did not need to give in order to take. This, in my view, is the most anti-p2p manoeuvre I have seen. Each PL Hack out there just diminishes the P2P experience for others. There are similar issues with 'Download Accelerators' that lets users with hacked versions use more than their fair share of network resources. Again, each one of these that is out there diminishes the experience for others. P2P is a two way street.

OK, one thing at a time:

Download accelerators

You say you don't like these download accelerators, but how come Kazaa Plus, the program you love so much, has one itself? You're the CTO of Sharman Networks and you don't even know the features of your own application!

Participation Level

The Participation Level (PL) is clearly anti-p2p for several reasons:

1. Kazaa isn't the only P2P program using the FastTrack network. The only purpose of your PL is to make downloads faster for your Kazaa users and slower for iMesh and Grokster users. They always have a PL equal to 0 in Kazaa, and thus they're at the bottom and will have to wait the longest. Even if a Kazaa user has PL=1, they can cut in line and stop the iMesh and Grokster user from downloading. Since 90-95% of all FastTrack users are using Kazaa, iMesh and Grokster users will be lucky if they can finish one small mp3 song.

2. The PL algorithm isn't good. The PL decreases too fast meaning that once the user has paused all his downloads just so he can get a higher PL and get a chance to steal someone else's place in the download queue, his PL will shortly be too low again and he will be kicked out and have to wait until his PL is high enough for him to cut in line again.

What does this mean? Let's say 15 people are trying to download a 600MB movie from someone with one open slot, and it will take them 3.5 hours for them to download the full movie at their maximum speed of 50kByte/s and all of them having the same PL from the start. It would look like this:

User1: Downloads 5kB
User2: Cuts in line because User1's PL is now too low
User2: Downloads 5kB
User3: Cuts in line because User2's PL is now too low
User3: Downloads 5kB
User4: Cuts in line because User3's PL is now too low
...etc etc etc...

Instead of taking 3.5 hours to download the 600MB movie file, it will take all of these 15 people 15*3.5 hours = 52.5 hours to download the file. That's more than 2 days! Now Kazaa doesn't support partial filesharing, which allows a user who has downloaded a part of the file, even if it's not all of the file, to start sharing the part he or she has downloaded. So not supporting partial filesharing and allowing users to cut in line is clearly anti-p2p. This example alone shows that Sharman Networks doesn't even understand how their own program functions, and they also don't understand how K++ functions:

There's an option in K++ where a user can disable this "cut-in-line" feature of Kazaa. The PL of the client downloading the file will be ignored if the option is enabled, or if the user sharing the file has enabled the PL=1000 option. This means that even a Grokster and an iMesh user, as well as a Kazaa user, can start the download and have the download finished in 3.5 hours instead of in 52.5 hours. This is clearly a good thing. K++ helps the FastTrack network get files out quicker; Kazaa slows things down.

So how long would it take for all these 15 people to download the file from the original source if they use K++? Here's what would happen if they all use K++:

Source: The original source of the file

User1: downloads all of the file from Source
Time : Time is now T+3.5 hours
User2: downloads all of the file from Source
User3: downloads all of the file from User1
Time : Time is now T+7 hours
User4: downloads all of the file from Source
User5: downloads all of the file from User1
User6: downloads all of the file from User2
User7: downloads all of the file from User3
Time : Time is now T+10.5 hours
User8: downloads all of the file from Source
User9: downloads all of the file from User1
User10: downloads all of the file from User2
User11: downloads all of the file from User3
User12: downloads all of the file from User4
User13: downloads all of the file from User5
User14: downloads all of the file from User6
User15: downloads all of the file from User7
Time : Time is now T+14 hours

A little comparison between K++ and Kazaa, and assuming the above example with 15 people downloading a 600MB file at 50kB/s:

There's a 0% chance of getting the file in 3.5 hours if you use Kazaa
There's a 7% chance of getting the file in 3.5 hours if you use K++

There's a 0% chance of getting the file in 7 hours if you use Kazaa
There's a 20% chance of getting the file in 7 hours if you use K++

There's a 0% chance of getting the file in 10.5 hours if you use Kazaa
There's a 47% chance of getting the file in 10.5 hours if you use K++

There's a 0% chance of getting the file in 14 hours if you use Kazaa
There's a 100% chance of getting the file in 14 hours if you use K++

...2 days later...

There's a 100% chance of getting the file in 52.5 hours if you use Kazaa
There's a 100% chance that the user has already watched the movie twice if he used K++

Quote:
· Unstable. These applications hack the software, not at the source code level, but by performing dangerous modifications, often while various values are in memory. This software crashes frequently and creates instabilities on a user’s computer. Often users then try to re-install the certified Kazaa Media Desktop to find they can’t because registry settings and host files have been mangled without respect for the user's PC. 

This is a lie, and I could sue you if you had mentioned K++ in that quote. You didn't do that because you know you're lying.

I will only talk about K++ since that's the software I wrote, I won't talk about other Kazaa add-on tools available.

Unstable: K++ has actually fixed numerous bugs in your Kazaa Media Desktop software, including the serious vulnerability in your FastTrack network core that I discovered.

Not using source: You're not a programmer, and you haven't even reverse engineered an app, so you don't know how easy it is without using the source code. If I had more time I could even rip out your GUI and replace it with my own GUI. I could also add more networks to it. Unfortunately I don't have time to do that, nor do I use the FastTrack network since January this year.

Crashes frequently: K++ doesn't crash, it's Kazaa that crashes. Kazaa doesn't crash because of add-on tools, Kazaa crashes because you don't hire good programmers who can write software that doesn't crash.

Let me now add some stuff about your certified program:

Kazaa Media Desktop require the user to have a lot more memory and a lot faster processor than K++ requires because KMD installs software such as Altnet and P2P Networking, and various other adware and spyware programs that all insist on having to be running at the same time as Kazaa Media Desktop or Kazaa Media Desktop won't run.

You force your users to install extra software that they don't need. By forcing these users to install all kinds of Internet applications such as Altnet and P2P Networking, you're exposing them to more risks. Software has bugs, and Internet apps such as your adware/spyware that is installed with Kazaa Media Desktop, only increases the risk of your users getting hacked because of serious bugs in your software and the installed spyware and adware that are required to run while KMD is running.

K++ doesn't install adware, spyware, or other Internet applications the users don't need. All K++ users can choose which program they want to use and aren't forced to use a certain program because I want them to, like you do. So using Kazaa Media Desktop can get your computer hacked because of all the bugs in your adware, spyware, Altnet, and P2P Networking apps that are required to be installed and run all the time.

Quote:
· Short-sighted. As long as these applications remove the capacity for Kazaa to display licensed content to its users, it is helping to prolong the legal ambiguities of p2p. Is this what you really want? Have you listened to some of the bands that release their stuff through Altnet? The more you guys interact with this stuff, the faster we will prove the model. 

You don't like it because Sharman Networks owns Altnet. You prefer Altnet and would rather have Kazaa only use Altnet instead of the FastTrack network. It's all about the money.

Quote:
· Often sold by Scam Artists. Do a search for Kazaa and go to one of the many sponsored links. Imagine you are a p2p novice and navigate these sites. On many of these sites, people are being misled into paying for free applications and in many cases believe that they are buying these applications from Sharman or that the applications are real Kazaa Media Desktops. We know this because we get their email complaints. This damages the users’ view of p2p generally. 

That's ridiculous. You don't like K++ because there are people (possibly Sharman Networks employees) who sell it? They also sell your program, and I don't hear you wanting to ban your own program.

And you can remove these scam companies easily. You have the money. So far you haven't even tried which makes me think that you don't want to for some reason. What could that be?

Quote:
Sharman has just licensed the release of Kazaa Plus (www.kazaaplus.com) so that users have the opportunity to use Kazaa without ads and adware by choosing to pay to use the application directly. Not only are there no ads in this application, but it has more powerful features on board as well. 

I know, because I was the one who originally wrote them. You see, you took some of the features of K++, put them in your app, and sell it. What makes you think people will buy Kazaa Plus (which BTW, uses poor protection from crackers) when K++ can do everything Kazaa Plus do, and more, and is free?

Quote:
Much of what we’ve been working on since starting our work with Kazaa is only just coming to fruition after a year and half. I hope that you will not abandon us, but learn to trust that we are moving mountains across difficult terrain to make sure that p2p is here forever. 

You live in your own little fantasy world. You don't get it. People don't like companies who go after their own users. That's exactly what you're doing. Sharman Networks is acting more and more like a company who thinks it can rule the world and force people to do exactly what Sharman Networks wants. You know what happens to companies like that don't you? Learn from history.

4play
09-10-2003, 01:03 AM
thanks i managed to get on and it was very interesting reading.

one question @ random nut. Can the network be shutdown?

Im guessing no since it is run by the actual supernodes. so why are people sticking up for sharman if they went out of business the riaa have no one to sue and the network goes on.

random nut
09-10-2003, 01:17 AM
They can't shut it down themselves, but they could send an "Update to newer version" message as they did when Kazaa 2.0.2 was released. If that new update uninstalls Kazaa then the network is almost shut down. Of course, the user has to accept the update for it to work so they can't do it automatically.

4play
09-10-2003, 01:27 AM
nice one. just a though really.

still with the bad hashing system lack of partial sharing of files and spyware it is probably only a matter of time before one of the other networks steps up and takes kazaa's crown.

thanks for that info mr random coconut :D

DasScoot
09-10-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by random nut@10 September 2003 - 01:17
They can't shut it down themselves, but they could send an "Update to newer version" message as they did when Kazaa 2.0.2 was released. If that new update uninstalls Kazaa then the network is almost shut down. Of course, the user has to accept the update for it to work so they can't do it automatically.
But then they could just reinstall it (or better yet, install KLite) and they'd be right back again?

abu_has_the_power
09-10-2003, 01:43 AM
dude, i haven't used klite for almost 2.5 months. all i've been using recently is emule, shareaza (pretty much same thing), bittorent, and friends. it would suck for all the noobies out there, cuz they wont have anything to begin their p2p venturing in. ha ha. oh well. i don't feel that bad if kazaa is taken down. i loved kazaa and klite, but that was a long time ago. i'm sure many people dont dl anything big off of kazaa anymore, except for maybe some movies. B) :wacko: :devil: :geek: o:) :shifty: :shifty:
>_< :santa: :ninja: :x :sleeping: :sorcerer: :teehee: =] :w00t: :zorro:

sory, just felt like making this thread a little more smiley. :lol:

random nut
09-10-2003, 02:12 AM
But then they could just reinstall it (or better yet, install KLite) and they&#39;d be right back again?
Yes but most Windows users don&#39;t know about it and probably don&#39;t even know how to install a new program. :blink:

balamm
09-10-2003, 02:16 AM
You could join forces with windows beta maybe? Kazaa lite bundled with every new OS release and installed by default.... :blink:

random nut
09-10-2003, 02:20 AM
Never heard of it before...

I see you removed the double post. Don&#39;t know how that happened, I only pressed once.

balamm
09-10-2003, 02:23 AM
Windowsbeta.com I think it is. The ones who repack longhorn and all the 5 in 1 XP installs that the kiddies all go for.

random nut
09-10-2003, 02:25 AM
nice one. just a though really.

still with the bad hashing system lack of partial sharing of files and spyware it is probably only a matter of time before one of the other networks steps up and takes kazaa&#39;s crown.

thanks for that info mr random coconut&nbsp; :D
You&#39;re welcome B)

I really hope Sharman Networks will file for chap 11 real soon. Kazaa&#39;s network is too old and they&#39;re too big for their own good. They think they own the world. A p2p app should be free and open sourced so no greedy company like Sharman Networks can do whatever they want.

infamousalbo101
09-10-2003, 02:25 AM
dat would be crazy sick if it would install with every os by default like windows media played mabey we should take the version of windows out now on kazaa and stuff and add k-lite LoL

Supernatural
09-10-2003, 02:56 AM
I don&#39;t have enough time, and I don&#39;t use the FastTrack network.

What network/s DO you use? You should add them. Fast Track is already huge, but the more the merrier.

I&#39;m willing and ready to help in any way with the development of Kazaa Lite K++. I&#39;m not a programmer though. :&#39;( I can defitnitly try to learn though&#33; Or I can do other stuff like research or something. Name it. I&#39;ll do it.

4play
09-10-2003, 03:27 AM
learn assemblybut by the time you have done that sharman probably will have filed for chapter 11. :D

then again adding something like shareza to klite would probably spell the end of kazaa and plus.

loz
09-10-2003, 03:52 PM

About the downloading with original kazaa being 5kB, in all the kazaas you can only download a maximum of &#39;16584&#39; (or something similar) from 1 user before your connection will be reset with that user, giving another user the opportunity to get in your place.

So should read
User1: Downloads 16584kB
User2: Cuts in line because User1&#39;s downloaded the maximum possible amount in 1 go
User2: Downloads 16584kB
User3: Cuts in line because User2&#39;s downloaded the maximum possible amount in 1 go

User3: Downloads 16584kB
User4: Cuts in line because User3&#39;s downloaded the maximum possible amount in 1 go

;)

Supernatural
09-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by loz@10 September 2003 - 10:52

About the downloading with original kazaa being 5kB, in all the kazaas you can only download a maximum of &#39;16584&#39; (or something similar) from 1 user before your connection will be reset with that user, giving another user the opportunity to get in your place.

So should read
User2: Cuts in line because User1&#39;s downloaded the maximum possible amount in 1 go
User3: Cuts in line because User2&#39;s downloaded the maximum possible amount in 1 go

User4: Cuts in line because User3&#39;s downloaded the maximum possible amount in 1 go

;)
Random Nut explained it perfectly. You&#39;re just trying to confuse. :wacko:

WolverineDK
09-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Random Nut rulez

loz
09-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Supernatural@10 September 2003 - 16:53
Random Nut explained it perfectly. You&#39;re just trying to confuse. :wacko:
Random Nut made out you could download the whole thing off one user in one go without the PL when this is not true, your download will reconnect & in the time it&#39;s doing this you COULD have someone take your place ;)

Supernatural
09-10-2003, 07:31 PM
K-Lite prevents that, With the "Users can&#39;t cut in line" feature. ;)

Nightmeare
09-10-2003, 07:40 PM
anyways if my computer gets fucked i just reinstall windows reset the bios setting and delete all of the ram chips

Nightmeare
09-10-2003, 07:42 PM

So should read

NO THIS IS LOL MY DALY DL IS LIKE 1GB+ I WOULD BE FUCKED
even my intenet provider is complaning to me i got the same internet use in one day as a normal famely on 3 has in one week

loz
09-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Supernatural@10 September 2003 - 19:31
no it doesn&#39;t, try download a big file with only 1 user

Switeck
09-10-2003, 09:59 PM
In the last few K++ versions (a new one appears about every week to month), the PL hack was disabled by default -- but the prevent queue-jumping was enabled by default.

Since K++ is the ONLY fasttrack network program that can currently prevent listing of all files shared by a user, it is slightly safer than regular Kazaa for purposes of SHARING files.

Since K++ is the ONLY fasttrack network program that also has an integrated ip list blocker, it can do a better job preventing connections to known bad+hostile ip ranges. Using Peer Guardian instead with regular Kazaa won&#39;t work as well, because Peer Guardian is REACTIVE (tries to stop the connection after it&#39;s made) whereas K++ is PROACTIVE (PREVENTS it from being made.)

K++&#39;s maker, Random Nut, uncovered and disclosed to Sharman a critical bug that could wreck the network. It is unknown (to me) if Sharman included a patch for this in their software, which could leave a user&#39;s connection open to ADDITIONAL vulnerabilities. The latest K++ versions fixed this problem, which actually benefits regular Kazaa users by reducing POINTS OF VULNERABILITY on the network. (reasoning that K++ users upgraded to fixed K++ versions, not that &#39;new converts&#39; to K++ appeared...)

Some people work for charity, others for fame, and the rest it seems for fortune. Random Nut would rather remain anonymous, except for his nickname, so his creation draws no real fame to himself and he has not &#036; profited from his efforts.

random nut
09-10-2003, 10:01 PM

So should read

;)

When there are more users wanting to download a file than there are available slots then the ones with the highest PLs will get the available slots. Never will Kazaa let someone with a lower PL download before someone with a higher PL.

And 5kB is just an example. It doesn&#39;t matter if they download 10kB or 1MB at a time, it will still take them 52.5 hours unless they all download 100% of the file at once.

gsteelechef
09-11-2003, 05:04 AM
Yeah I swithched to kazaaLite when they released an updated version of kazaa and it almost ruined my OS. All the spyware, not to mention that it was using almost 100% of my computer resources. I had to perform a complete system resore. Thank God I have a backup hard drive with all my information protected.
I am a firm KazaaLite supporter and promoter&#33;
Long live kazaaLite & it&#39;s creators&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

TrNeT
09-11-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by gsteelechef@11 September 2003 - 05:04
Long live kazaaLite & it&#39;s creators&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

LONG LIVE KAZAA LITE

Supernatural
09-11-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by loz+10 September 2003 - 15:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (loz @ 10 September 2003 - 15:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Supernatural@10 September 2003 - 19:31
K-Lite prevents that, With the "Users can&#39;t cut in line" feature.&nbsp; ;)
no it doesn&#39;t, try download a big file with only 1 user [/b][/quote]
I downloaded a 131MB video file yesterday from someone. The DL did not stop once.

loz
09-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Supernatural+11 September 2003 - 15:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Supernatural @ 11 September 2003 - 15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by loz@10 September 2003 - 15:10
<!--QuoteBegin-Supernatural@10 September 2003 - 19:31
I downloaded a 131MB video file yesterday from someone. The DL did not stop once. [/b][/quote]
You sat there all the time it was downloading watching it did you?

Sparkle1984
09-11-2003, 06:20 PM
You sat there all the time it was downloading watching it did you?

LOL sometimes I do that as well, but only when it&#39;s a small file. Coz it&#39;s such fun to watch the grey line gradually increase &#33;&#33;&#33; :D :D

Supernatural
09-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by loz+11 September 2003 - 13:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (loz &#064; 11 September 2003 - 13:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Supernatural@11 September 2003 - 15:54

Originally posted by loz@10 September 2003 - 15:10
<!--QuoteBegin-Supernatural@10 September 2003 - 19:31
K-Lite prevents that, With the "Users can&#39;t cut in line" feature.&nbsp; ;)
I downloaded a 131MB video file yesterday from someone. The DL did not stop once.
You sat there all the time it was downloading watching it did you?[/b][/quote]
You damned right I sat there. It was a Nikita Denise/Amber Michaels lesbo scene I been trying to get for EVER&#33; Finally got it and am a happy man now. :)

slick nick
09-12-2003, 03:21 AM
hey random what&#39;s your reply to twats who say "in order to stop the riaa from getting files off you you&#39;d have to proxy the whole network"? their claims not mine.