PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help With Codecs!

Adster
09-07-2003, 07:50 AM
ok this is pissin gme off I got the movie Seabisculy off Bittorent it plays fine with Video lan but when I play it in WMP AVI Preview or try to encode it with TMPGEnc the f*cking thign freezes after 30 seconds at the same spot every time!! but yet the sound keeps playing I have the nimo codec pack and kazaa codec pack if you can solve this your a genious

thanks who can help

Adam

Adster
09-07-2003, 08:50 AM
anyone I need anger mangement soon!

sage0112
09-07-2003, 09:03 AM
the file is messed up, just Fastforward it a few secs and u'll be fine. Happens alote.

Adster
09-07-2003, 09:07 AM
nop;e that doesnt solve the problem at all even if I fast foward the thing stays freezed at the same spot!! I can't encode it when I encode it same f*cking thing freezes after 30 seconds but plays the audio

junkyardking
09-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Yeah i 've got a similar problem and yes i do have the k-lite codec installed, it's also the only codec pack i've installed on winxp execept for the seperate codec needed to play ac3.

I find if i play movies in Bsplayer,Windows media and even winamp, they freeze for fractions of seconds then play again though the film which causes the film to go out of sync, but if i play them in videolan no problems.

javakel
09-07-2003, 09:13 AM
hmmmm...I think I've had that happen w/WMP and other movies before. The screen would freeze at some point, but the sound kept going. I didn't "fix" it really...I just would note at what spot it did it and then closed the file. Then I would select another movie and press play. I let it run for a few seconds and then closed it.....restarted the movie I was watching before it freaked out on me and advanced it to a spot a couple seconds after where it quit the first time. After that it would play fine.

That probably isn't the kind of answer you were looking for, and I'm sorry I can't tell you why it's doing that or how to keep it from happening ever again. I just figured my WMP was jacked up somehow (which wouldn't surprise me because I know my computer is out to get me..lol). It prolly is the file...maybe there was a little glitch or something that wasn't noticed at first, but every time the file got downloaded it augmented it a bit more and the result was that a few seconds in that section weren't complete or correct or something. I dunno...like I said...this is all conjecture. But I've never had a movie that still didn't work after doing this. Wait...let me rephrase that...I've never had a "good" movie (by good I mean that I didn't get an error message from WMP when I tried to play it) that didn't play okay after doing this.

I hope this works for you...at least so you can finish the movie and worry about "fixing" it later. :D

javakel
09-07-2003, 09:16 AM
D'OH!! Talk about being slow...yeah...I must be ridin the short bus today. Hogster...make sure you stop the movie, close it, start up one you know that works for a few seconds, close that one, and then start the other one and ff it. It would still tick if I just tried to advance it a few second....even if I DID stop it altogether.

Adster
09-07-2003, 09:18 AM
ok thanks for your help I manged to solve the problme however by getting DVIX DR

Gre1
09-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Don't use both packs at the same time use the kazaa pack cause nimo doesn't really work so unistall and re-install kazaa pack and see what happens. Also it could be some bad frames in the movie.

Snee
09-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Yeah, any nimo beyond build 6 or possibly 7 isn't worth to install and the previous ones aren't that great either, so go with something else and things will work much better in the future.

pimpdaddy
09-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Hello ppl

try Ace codec pack may not solve the problem but i find it a lot better than kazaa, etc.

:huh: :mellow: