PDA

View Full Version : The Tim Burton Thread

olibomb
09-07-2003, 01:46 PM
Hello i'm a big Tim Burton fan and I love alot of his work, especially his short animations. I'd just like to know what u lot think about him and his work. Thanx(and if anyone has seen Stalk of the Celery)

Snee
09-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Pretty much everything I've seen of what he's done was good, mad but good.

Liked Nightmare before Christmas and Beetleguise especially.

Did you know he's sort of nuts IRL, hiding under his desk all the time when he worked at some company, sleeping all day and removing the compresses he'd had some teth pulled so he bled all over the floor where he worked, he seems to be quite the character. :)

MetroStars
09-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Yep iam a big fan of Tim Burton 2..

I luv is dark outlook 2 evrything....

olibomb
09-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Good response :(

Snee
09-07-2003, 04:43 PM
At least you're not alone, and I know there's more people that like him.

Just the other day, I saw this article about how magic is created everytime Johnny Depp and Tim Burton get together, so it's even official.

Cheer Up! :D

that1dude
09-07-2003, 06:09 PM
i love tim burton's work also, such as edward scissor hands, sleepy hallow, mars attacks, one of my fav. batman and batman returns, planet of the apes, and one more that i am trully looking forward to, the ramake of charlie and the chocolate factory, starring marilyn manson and willy wonka.

And what really makes tim burtons movies so dark is music that was composed by danny elfman, he has done every score in all of tim burtons films, he is the best. i think the only movies danny elfman has done that were not tim's were spiderman and the hulk. oh well. just thought i would acknoledge another genious.

olibomb
09-09-2003, 05:12 PM
A deserved bump

3RA1N1AC
09-09-2003, 11:16 PM
who could forget "Ed Wood" and "FrankenWeenie"??

the latter is a short black & white film starring Shelley Duvall and Daniel Stern, about a boy whose pit bull terrier gets run over by a car, so he brings it back to life in the style of Frankenstein. Disney released it on videocassette in the early 90s, but they've let it remain out-of-print for several years now. :blink:

edit: looks like they added FrankenWeenie as a bonus to the Nightmare Before Xmas DVD. :)

MetroStars
09-09-2003, 11:28 PM
Ed - wood i did forget all about that movie, it one of my favs i wonder if u can download it...

3RA1N1AC
09-10-2003, 12:36 AM
they've got "Ed Wood" at suprnova.org, under Comedies.

they have Frankenweenie in the "Other" section, as well. it's listed as "Tim Burton's Frankenweenie," tho.

oreoman
09-10-2003, 01:13 AM
I think his best movie was nightmare before christmas that is my all time favourite movie!

I loved the beggining

Inevitable
09-10-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by olibomb@7 September 2003 - 14:46
Hello i'm a big Tim Burton fan and I love alot of his work, especially his short animations. I'd just like to know what u lot think about him and his work. Thanx(and if anyone has seen Stalk of the Celery)
who gives a fuck?