PDA

View Full Version : Storage Of Files On Line

rpratt
09-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Hello folks
Hope you are all well and happy. ;)
I wonder if you can help this old dinosaur again.You usually come up trumps.
I am running a 10 gb laptop with broadband internet access.
If I had 5gbs of files on my hard drive that I wished to continue to share with the community but I wanted to clear out my hard drive to do some maintenance and housekeeping what advice could you give me. And forgive me if I ask for clarification on certain terms in your answer but I am a relative learner.
I have checked out on line storage possibilities but I can only find trial offers that have 100 mbs on offer.
1) I need to know if I do find a place that will store as much as i wish will I still be able to share those files with people on kazaa Lite and how do I go about that?

2) And If that is not a viable possibility then do I have to delete all of those files,which I notice people constantly downloading, and start again?
Seems a shame to do that .
Or can anybody make any suggestions please.
I hope I have explained myself well enough without compromising any regs.
I cant afford a new bigger hard drive at the mo
Cheers for now

mogadishu
09-07-2003, 04:57 PM
do you have a cd burner?

Gre1
09-07-2003, 05:00 PM
Yeah u can just bak them up on cd if u have a cd burner and the once your finished with the maintence just place them back on the comp.

rpratt
09-07-2003, 05:00 PM
Sadly not as yet

mogadishu
09-07-2003, 05:06 PM
i would suggest getting a cheap external cd burner.. its the only thing i can think of. Web hosting is not worth it..

MUSLEMAN
09-07-2003, 05:29 PM
yes get an external drive that way you can still share and have you hd clean, they run i think from like 50 or 60$ on up and they start at 80gigs

rpratt
09-07-2003, 05:56 PM
As ever your help is much appreciated
Thankyou :beerchug:

slick nick
09-07-2003, 06:11 PM
at bestbuy you casn find them from 20 gigs going on up. should run you 39 bucks plus tax and higher for bigger drives. that's assuming their doing a rebate sale otherwise it might be 59 bucks and up.