PDA

View Full Version : Gmail themes

redMonster
11-20-2008, 05:08 PM
I use three Gmail accounts for different purposes. Today, in one of the accounts, I saw that themes have been enabled and I set a theme by going to Settings and then Themes tab. But the problem is that I cannot find the themes option in the other two gmail accounts.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Snee
11-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Log out, log in.

Put your right foot in.

Put your left foot out.

Do the hokey pokey.

Shake it all about.

If that doesn't work I'd do it through settings in the top right corner, and then use the themes tab. 'cos they should be there after logging.

But that's just me.

backlash
11-21-2008, 12:05 AM
didn't have the themes this morning and now I do. I'll give it a try and if I don't like it, it's back to classic google again.

mbucari1
11-21-2008, 03:32 AM
LOVE the silver lining theme. Always liked dark grays / blacks

redMonster
11-21-2008, 07:16 AM
If that doesn't work I'd do it through settings in the top right corner, and then use the themes tab. 'cos they should be there after logging.

But that's just me.I guess you didn't read my post well enough. I have mentioned that I have already looked in the Settings. There is no themes tab.

Skiz
11-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Settings

General
Accounts
Labels
Filters
Forwarding and POP/IMAP
Chat
Web Clips
Labs
Themes <----

redMonster
11-21-2008, 08:24 AM
I think I got the problem. It is a country thing. The one in which themes are activated has United States as the country, while on the other two accounts, I have set the country as India.

Snee
11-21-2008, 09:21 PM

But that's just me.I guess you didn't read my post well enough. I have mentioned that I have already looked in the Settings. There is no themes tab.

I guess you didn't read my post well enough, since I suggested you try logging out and in. The themes tab showed up in one of my accounts after I did that.

natedogg
11-23-2008, 04:36 AM
I like the shiny theme

vobilli
11-28-2008, 01:01 PM
They were rolling out the new features in waves, some accounts got them sooner than others.

To customize your inbox (http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/spice-up-your-inbox-with-colors-and.html), go to the Themes tab under Settings. We'll be rolling out themes to everyone over the next couple of days, so if you don't see them yet, check back soon.

I chose the Teahouse theme :happy: