PDA

View Full Version : Playing Backups On Ps1 Without A Modchip

dmorgan89
09-08-2003, 10:41 PM
Is there a way that to play backups on the regular playstation without a modchip. i've heard there are ways like jerking the cd out and slamming the backup in, but it's never worked for me. Has anyone else heard any alternative way?

Alpha_Caesar
09-08-2003, 11:06 PM
Another way that I can remember is to use the Gameshark disc that allows you to play back-ups or japanese games and another involves pluging a device (can't remember its name for some strange reason) into the back of your PS (depends on the model).

Runik
09-09-2003, 12:48 AM
The plug in thing is called the golden finger mod clip or the game enhancer or something else its realy handy and quite cheap can pick one up for about 10 or 5 bucks on the net ... google it goes in the parrell i/o <not the seriel I/O port> port make sure you have one of those they where removed on the newer models of the PSX

asmithz
09-09-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Runik@8 September 2003 - 17:48
The plug in thing is called the golden finger mod clip or the game enhancer or something else its realy handy and quite cheap can pick one up for about 10 or 5 bucks on the net ... google it goes in the parrell i/o <not the seriel I/O port> port make sure you have one of those they where removed on the newer models of the PSX
Thats what i had when i had the PS1. Work out great.

wolfman10_2000
09-09-2003, 01:22 AM
how bout swapping??

Alpha_Caesar
09-09-2003, 01:28 AM
Swapping would come into play when using some of the mod clips (or whatever) and of course when using a gameshark but its less frustrating when using a gameshark.

Evil Gemini
09-09-2003, 01:53 AM
PSX mod chips are cheap as peanuts (some cheaper) you might as well just buy one because all that hotswapping and shit can damage your laser.

The lasers in the old psx&#39;s are pretty worn out, why wear it out even more with swapping.