PDA

View Full Version : .bin And .cue Files

kazaaliteuser007
09-09-2003, 12:24 AM
what are they, what i mean is can i burn .bin and .cue files to a dvd/vcd and watch a film or not, I just dont understand what they are, sorry :( :unsure:

kaleppo
09-09-2003, 12:33 AM
ok... the cue file is somekind order what to burn,i use the FIREBURNER,put the bin and cue in the same folder,when you have the fireburner just click the cue file and the program burns the file,hope you understand,little messy,not an expert myself... =)

kazaaliteuser007
09-09-2003, 12:36 AM
:unsure: ok so once the .bin and .cue file have burned on to the cd can i actually watch the movie with just them two files or is something else needed aswell on the dvd/vcd because i thought that you had to have another fe there like an mpeg or avi or summat..... :huh:

Satan
09-09-2003, 12:44 AM
a .cue file is the "playlist" for the .bin file...together they comprise an image of a CD...what I do is to load the .cue file into Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% (they both have virtual drives), then choose to make a cd to cd copy using Nero, with the virtual drive as the source...

the only glitch is whether or not your DVD player plays the format that the file is in... i.e. is it VCD, SVCD, KVCD etc....most players play VCD (and KVCD) files...the SVCD is the question...many don't play that format...

callum
09-09-2003, 12:46 AM
A bin is a copy of an entire cd, in your case probably a vcd.
A cue file gives your burning prog instruction on how to burn the bin.
In most burning progs there is the option to burn an image in the file menu. Then you selct the cue and it will burn the bin to cd.

You can also use something like isobuster to extract the mpeg, if you do not want to burn it to disc.

what I do is to load the .cue file into Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% (they both have virtual drives), then choose to make a cd to cd copy using Nero, with the virtual drive as the source...

Why don't you just cancel the wizard in nero, go to file menu then select burn image, then load up your cue then burn?

Adster
09-09-2003, 05:19 AM
oh yeah if anyones wonering you cna preview a unfished bin file with viedo lan

spanky1975
09-09-2003, 11:13 AM
The best way of handling a bin file, is to open them directly without burning them first. Daemon tools opens the bin file in a virtuel drive and lets you install/play directly. My favorite tool...

Adster
09-09-2003, 11:29 AM
its really quite simple easy open nero go file burn image choose cue burn done!!

I never will understand why ppl have trouble with them

kazaaliteuser007
09-10-2003, 09:42 PM
ok thanks for the help guys!