PDA

View Full Version : Methods To Combat Riaa

ChAo$
09-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Two ideas for people, although I am not sure if either of them will work...

Idea 1 is to make a program that users can download that will not allow RIAA IP addresses to connect to them. This would of course entail somehow finding the IP addresses that the RIAA is currently using to gather evidence and issue supeona's.

Idea 2 is to start some sort of file sharing IP masking service that does not keep any records thus making it impossible for information to be dispersed about a user's true identity. I believe that this woudl require a vast amount of bandwidth, which is where kazaa's distributed resources would come in handy. Perhaps, there is a way to ensure that everyone's traffic is routed through at least one other person and leave no record of where the destination or source of that traffic was so that it was impossible to determine the IP address of the user you are downloading from.

Just a few ideas...

exeus
09-09-2003, 05:55 PM
we could all make the move over to freenet.... but i must say it is slow...

"Freenet is free software which lets you publish and obtain information on the Internet without fear of censorship. To achieve this freedom, the network is entirely decentralized and publishers and consumers of information are anonymous. Without anonymity there can never be true freedom of speech, and without decentralization the network will be vulnerable to attack.
Communications by Freenet nodes are encrypted and are "routed-through" other nodes to make it extremely difficult to determine who is requesting the information and what its content is.

Users contribute to the network by giving bandwidth and a portion of their hard drive (called the "data store") for storing files. Unlike other peer-to-peer file sharing networks, Freenet does not let the user control what is stored in the data store. Instead, files are kept or deleted depending on how popular they are, with the least popular being discarded to make way for newer or more popular content. Files in the data store are encrypted to reduce the likelihood of prosecution by persons wishing to censor Freenet content."

angel_of_death57
09-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ChAo$@9 September 2003 - 18:31
Two ideas for people, although I am not sure if either of them will work...

Idea 1 is to make a program that users can download that will not allow RIAA IP addresses to connect to them.  This would of course entail somehow finding the IP addresses that the RIAA is currently using to gather evidence and issue supeona's.

Idea 2 is to start some sort of file sharing IP masking service that does not keep any records thus making it impossible for information to be dispersed about a user's true identity.  I believe that this woudl require a vast amount of bandwidth, which is where kazaa's distributed resources would come in handy.  Perhaps, there is a way to ensure that everyone's traffic is routed through at least one other person and leave no record of where the destination or source of that traffic was so that it was impossible to determine the IP address of the user you are downloading from.

Just a few ideas...
Just like to tell you KazaaLite has these ideas in them already with a IP Blocker built in (make sure you update with it) and also deletes IP addresses stored in dat files and makes it secure. The routing idea is good but i am sure the KazaaLite devolpers will bring these into Kazaalite.
I do not like that FreeNet thing the idea that you cannot control your files hhhhhmmmmm don't like it at all.

exeus
09-09-2003, 06:34 PM
this is in reguards to not haveing control of the files i agree with you but one of the reasons that you do not have control or even know what files r being stored on your comp is that when you goto court you can stand there and say " i did not know that file was on my comp and i dont know who put it there" which may or may not work lol but the point is if you dont know what is on there (cos you only generally have parts of files that r encrypted) how could anyone else know what you had on there??

angel_of_death57
09-09-2003, 09:50 PM
No way viruses and shit i don't trust it at all sorry but no sale for me. Anyway i live in the UK and ppl not getting done here for downloading only for selling.

justin89
09-10-2003, 02:21 AM
I say we have a massive boycott, and not buy anything from music industry, and the movie industry, but they fail to mention people download movies, so it's kinda redundant. This way, we hit them where it hurts most. They will have no choice but to legalize p2p or they will go bankrupt. Also, I think someone need to be a spokesperson for p2p users, and go before congress and the RIAA and give them the reasons people use p2p, and that we actually buy albums, but we like to try out the music first. And if they don't comply, then we tell them of our massive boycott and let the infiltration begin.

kazoo
09-10-2003, 02:45 AM
A boycott sounds good. Or until anonymous p2p comes along, we could launch a satellite into space that has a huge harddrive. There's no way for it to be affiliated with any country then, and the RIAA couldn't touch it. I guess it wouldn't be p2p then.

I know it's crazy I just thought it was mildly amusing.

www.k-lite.tk_Kazaa_Lite
09-10-2003, 03:09 AM
well go ahead and boycott! don't just sit around and talk about it.

Cookeez1223
09-10-2003, 03:17 AM
Justin is right. We need a spokesperson.

thedirtyd
09-10-2003, 04:04 AM
yeah...a spokesperson would be nice...any volunteers? :huh:

exeus
09-10-2003, 04:18 AM
something else that could be done more in line to what they want to do / do is make cut down web browser with only a few links and no way to add anymore (for security) have it to auto refresh (enter time here) and if enough ppl ran it while on the net just left it minamized and running it would keep their web servers at 100% thereby stopping legit trafic to their site and as far as i know there is no law against clicking refresh as much as you want... ;)
if anyone is interested let me know and i will make it ....

thedirtyd
09-10-2003, 04:22 AM
i would run it but i'm a loser and i have a 56k. (i'm guessing the k stands for krap)

exeus
09-10-2003, 04:29 AM
hey all i have is 56k as well, the thing is tho, u get a few hundred 56k modems continually refreshing your web page its gunna cause probs the only thing is you would have to set the timeing of the refresh so as not to disturb your other net apps too much

"(i&#39;m guessing the k stands for krap) " <----- now that is a good one :lol:

wazaa
09-10-2003, 04:35 AM
we need to start a legalizing p2p committee/movement, starting off with
1. The guy who invented Napster.
2. Johnny Cochran.

Yes a committee.

wormless
09-10-2003, 04:38 AM
krap lol stfu they after americans dunno y yr music is cheaper there than here

wormless
09-10-2003, 04:39 AM
yr not gonna get far with this war as blair or bush maybr they will help

thedirtyd
09-10-2003, 04:43 AM
krap lol stfu they after americans dunno y yr music is cheaper there than here

what? me? i&#39;m an american. derrrrrr

wazaa
09-10-2003, 04:49 AM
we put on pro-filesharing commercials in theatres.
pro-filesharing billboards
pro-filesharing stickers on race cars in popular events.

wormless
09-10-2003, 04:55 AM
they after americans first then canadians then europe

exeus
09-10-2003, 05:02 AM
i dont see what the counrty you live in has to do with anything...... we need to unite to be one, i have seen ppl saying it donst effect me i live in the UK ...... it shouldnt worry where you live we should all stand by each other in this cause and just for the record i am from oz.

Messican
09-10-2003, 05:02 AM
Good ideas.

Adrielle
09-10-2003, 06:03 AM
These folks are trying to instill FEAR into us.

To do this they are using one of the oldest tricks in the book, "divide and conquer." By carving out part of the herd and threatening to slaughter it, they are trying to put the fear of God into the rest of us herdettes.

Why don&#39;t we ALL share >1000 files? ;)

Better yet, why don&#39;t all of the p2p software programs FAKE the fact that all users are sharing exactly 1000 files? That kills several birds. It would give them a consolidated wall to face. They wouldn&#39;t be able to defend their actions by claiming that they are picking on the worst offenders. Also, if we faked the number of files that each person is distributing, then when they do come after one of us, we could each say that we were only sharing 3 files, came to see what all of the noise was about, no mea culpa. o:) (Gee officer, I had not idea the speed limit was ...)

This is a technological issue with social implications. To beat the bastards we need to be two steps ahead of them technologically -- that is what got us past napster, that is how we can stay ahead of them now.

-Adrielle :pirate:

MUSLEMAN
09-10-2003, 01:29 PM
methods:
get proxy server
over seas server
most important one:
stick together and not let them scare us, that is all they are trying to do, they can&#39;t get us all :lol:

angel_of_death57
09-10-2003, 05:58 PM
If you all go to www.boycott-riaa.com has information and the Amnesty offer if fucked now they are getting sued over it. We all need to stick together.
There is no way you could stop everyone from buying CD&#39;s and Movies it would never work they are milllions that dont know what is going on. You would need to start protests in the streets to get people aware. We are a small amount of ppl on K-lite and even smaller on the board. I don;t buy CD&#39;s and DVD&#39;s now but it will not affect them fully we need millions to stop not just hundred.

Alot of my friends just down the songs for their album from K-lite but very mixed up and that. Soulseek answer for Full albums and Kazaalite for Games,Movies and Software.

wazaa
09-10-2003, 09:56 PM
we need to make a anti RIAA rap song, it will spread like a flame.
The title sould be somewhere along the lines of "Fuck the RIAA"

angel_of_death57
09-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by wazaa@10 September 2003 - 22:56
Thats like The Exploited - Fuck The USA i got the same song in my head but with lyrics Fuck the RIAA good one. We should get it in everything posible. Rap,Rock,Metal,Pop,Dance everything even Folk and Country.

Denver
09-12-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by wazaa@10 September 2003 - 21:56
The rock group- "Cold" has a song on their new CD _Year of the Spider_ called "Kill the FUCKing Music Industry" it&#39;s track #13

DJFREAQ
09-12-2003, 06:15 AM
I think it&#39;s more of a big deal to buy NEW cds. With the tax and crap that they have on them. I think the best way to go about it right now, is to totally boycott new cds, and buy used ones. Half.com, ebay etc. I got a brand new DJ Tiesto cd for like 6 bucks not even opened. It&#39;s a great way to kick the riaa&#39;s ass, and still buy music. Technically you&#39;re not stealing, but the music industry isn&#39;t seeing a cent ;)

So go and buy some used music, and make Fuck the Riaa rap songs. I&#39;m making one right now. :)

Mr. Sherman
09-12-2003, 06:51 AM
Keep trying people. I have yet to see anything in this topic which is worth reading in it&#39;s entirety.

Sincerely,

Mr. Sherman

angel_of_death57
09-12-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Sherman@12 September 2003 - 07:51
Keep trying people. I have yet to see anything in this topic which is worth reading in it&#39;s entirety.

Sincerely,

Mr. Sherman
Well you are the real Sherman i have read. Well just think they will always be bands like AMEN which will support free music and hate other artits that do. AMEN did a free music campaign and made 2000 free albums becuase Virgin kicked them off there label. Refuse Music rules.
Also i pose the question why K-lite forum, K-Lite is not really Kazaa, Kazaa are the ppl with the problem with their crappy Spyware and Ad&#39;s K-Lite rulz. You would never get anyone in the UK only USA you fag goodl uck in the end they will always be Hacks and new Software fuck you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ZeV
09-14-2003, 06:12 AM
Hmm... i was just thinking, would the US have the right to shut down napster if the owner lived outside America, and if not, why can&#39;t we do something like that with kazaa?

3rd gen noob
09-14-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by ZeV@14 September 2003 - 06:12
Hmm... i was just thinking, would the US have the right to shut down napster if the owner lived outside America, and if not, why can&#39;t we do something like that with kazaa?
earth station 5 is such a program
the riaa have no jurisdiction outside the u.s.