PDA

View Full Version : Shared Files List

calixta
09-10-2003, 12:48 AM
:D The answer to this question may have been posted elsewhere, but I can't find it. I noticed that I am still able to access a lot of sharers' files. I thought this was not supposed to be possible with K lite. I have used the feature where I don't want anyone to be able to look at my files. As I have no way to check, I am wondering if this feature is really working for me or if the others just haven't used the feature to keep me from seeing their files. :(

I don't see the reason for using K lite -- other than the obvious and wonderful absences of advertising and spyware -- if you are going to let malicious snoopers see how many files you are sharing.

DarkBlizzard
09-10-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by calixta@9 September 2003 - 19:48
:D The answer to this question may have been posted elsewhere, but I can't find it. I noticed that I am still able to access a lot of sharers' files. I thought this was not supposed to be possible with K lite. I have used the feature where I don't want anyone to be able to look at my files. As I have no way to check, I am wondering if this feature is really working for me or if the others just haven't used the feature to keep me from seeing their files. :(

I don't see the reason for using K lite -- other than the obvious and wonderful absences of advertising and spyware -- if you are going to let malicious snoopers see how many files you are sharing.
It works but only like 5% or 15% or so of us have k-lite so the rest cant do it. Thats why u can see alot of peoples files. Dont worry though, it does work.

mogadishu
09-10-2003, 01:00 AM
the vast majority of users you dl from are not using klite.