PDA

View Full Version : Mpaa Dots All Cammers

newcster68
09-10-2003, 06:40 AM
Taken from VCDQUALITY.com

:blink: MPAA DOTS ALL CAMMERS :unsure: *READ* - UNKNOWN - InR

The MPAA is going the opposite route that the RIAA is going and is going to catch us all with our pants down.
Take a look at the jpg's I captured from ctp's rel of My Boss's Daughter (Disc 1 31:48, 38:14).
Kinda strange to be seeing those dots huh? I went to see it again in the theater - same dots in different
locations in the movie.
To make matters worse I also saw "The Others". More dots. They only show up for about two frames so if you
blink you don't even see them. It looks as though the MPAA is using those dots to catch TS suppliers.
As good as my kung fu is when it comes to encoding I don't know of a good way to extract the offending
frames, remove the dots, and put them back into the movie. They could easily be chopped out - but that
would be a dead giveaway to the MPAA.
The fact that they aren't in the same location at the same theater (confirmed by watching for the dots at
my local theater) means the the mpaa has instructed technicolor or someone in the food chain to add and
track those dots as a means of tracing the scene TS's. I've wondered for some time why they didn't do
this before - know it's happening.
Get word out to everyone you know in the scene to be aware of the fucking dots so people don't get
busted/fired/go to jail. Hopefully someone will write us some nice software that will allow us to
extract a frame, edit said dots out, and reinput the offending frame.
Just thought you should know...
xxx
- thx for the supplier of this nifty info

http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/dots.jpg

asmithz
09-10-2003, 07:28 AM
i dont see how this help them at all, but it is wierd

Illuminati
09-10-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@10 September 2003 - 08:28
i dont see how this help them at all, but it is wierd
It would identify who leaked the film out to the P2P world (i.e. us).

Most likely, every authorised copy would have its own combination of dots which are known to the MPAA. Should the film come out, it should have a combination of dots on it - Which means that someone on the inside has leaked it, and they'd know whose copy leaked.

It's like a primative version of fingerprinting, or DNA.

asmithz
09-10-2003, 08:37 AM
That sounds like a good idea on there part. Never seen the dots before i'll have to remember that.

Gooch2k
09-10-2003, 09:06 AM
I've noticed this as well. The thing is I thought of marking films with "Area Sensitive Markings" ages ago and always wondered why film makers didn't use it. Not that I was going to tell them my idea ;).

MUSLEMAN
09-10-2003, 10:32 AM
well i think they should just delete the two frames with the dots and then share it, problem solved fck the mpaa and the riaa

asmithz
09-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@10 September 2003 - 03:32
well i think they should just delete the two frames with the dots and then share it, problem solved fck the mpaa and the riaa
Right on MM thats what i say.

D!mensio_x
09-10-2003, 11:08 AM
:ph34r: So you are saying that the "dots" are used to identify the movies and that each copy has it's own unique set of "dots".

Ok then, what if I just go to the movietheatre with my little cam, record the movie there and share it on the internet. How would they go on catching me???? Would they post people 24/7 at the movietheatre to catch me recording the movies (cos they don't know when I'm going to do this)???

Or what about Dvd's? Do they have a big record somewhere of which Dvd has a certain set of dots and do they keep track of everyone that buys and/or rents a dvd?

I'm sorry guys, but I think the whole "dot" story is one big pile of bull(sh)it..... :lol:

You guys are getting paranoid... :lol:

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r:

VB
09-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Easy solution:

Make two cam recordings in two different locations. Replace pieces of the frames with the dots with pieces of frames from the second cam and vice-versa

asmithz
09-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Paul@10 September 2003 - 05:00
Easy solution:

Make two cam recordings in two different locations. Replace pieces of the frames with the dots with pieces of frames from the second cam and vice-versa
damb that'll be alot of work. how bout they just close there eyes for the 0.5 seconds its on.

MUSLEMAN
09-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Paul@10 September 2003 - 08:00
Easy solution:

that along the same lines paul i'm with you and i don't think this is mpaa because its so easy to get around

MetroStars
09-10-2003, 01:54 PM

now that's a smart idea...

it wud drive the MPAA nuts, when they realize that there dot idea wos just a load of crap