PDA

View Full Version : Best site for music torrents?

t3h_n3wbie
12-11-2008, 10:06 PM
So where do you download your music from?

I know what.cd and waffles are most probably the best ones out there, but since I don't have a hope in hell at getting an invite for them, I was just wondering if their were any other sites people would recommend that have open sign ups or ones that you may spare invite too.

I'm a massive indie/rock music fan, and currently have a couple of externals full of music, a couple hundred gig in total.

In the past I have used warez for all my music downloading and have had a rapidshare account for a while, but the introduction of new downloading limits make it a complete waste of money.

So yeah, any recommendations please since I'm new to torrents, thanks :)

micropino
12-11-2008, 10:24 PM
stmusic can be your first approach, it will take you sometime to get there try to make some friends first!

vpg8000
12-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Stmusic is a good alternative if you can't get into the top 2. I heat Softmp3 is pretty good too for scene. Pedro's for lossless. But you know where you can get almost anything? DEMONOID.

Edit: TPB for Honorable Mentions

hotshot6473
12-11-2008, 10:29 PM
use the search button instead of creating a new thread. This has been beat to death

Trippin'
12-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah STM is always a good start. If you want an invite PM me and i'll be more than happy to sort you out. :)

kukushka
12-11-2008, 10:52 PM
he can't pm, he's a noob. as for what.cd, try to use search for what.cd irc interview thing..

Trippin'
12-11-2008, 11:07 PM
he can't pm, he's a noob.
Forgot about that, thanks for heads up.

@OP - I've sent the code to your hotmail. :)

Squark
12-12-2008, 02:30 AM
My...i love What.cd And Waffles;)

EstelleD
12-12-2008, 03:05 AM
For starting, there is IndieTorrents / StMusic.

Of course what & waffles are pretty good, but must to be patient :>

xnugx
12-12-2008, 03:32 AM
If I were you I'd shoot for getting on Waffles. If you are huge into Indie and stuff, the users there are pretty elite and knowledgeable about obscure music. They have all of the big stuff as well. I love What.cd, but I have to give the edge to Waffles.

Funkin'
12-12-2008, 04:07 AM
The "best" is just a matter of opinion. If you don't have any music trackers, then just use Demonoid. That site is amazing for music. People either always forget to mention that tracker, or just flat out do not use it. Besides that, I use BTmusic, because I always try to find an album in flac first. And if they don't have it, then I'll go to either RS forums, newsgroups, or Demonoid to download the album.

sarancha
12-12-2008, 10:31 AM
for me - TT, as i am trance music lover

but if you like indie, rock - your road is to waffles or pedro ;)

Lucifer9999
12-12-2008, 11:43 AM
if u can not have waffles or what, thjebest choises for start are stmusic and softmp3(great tracker!!!!)
for rock metal.iplay.ro is a great site:yup:
for hip hop rapthe.net
and hor house u can start witn trancebooster and trancebits or satclubbing.info (good trackers)

pbjabba
12-12-2008, 12:15 PM
STMusic is pretty decent. Of the big 2 i'd probably shoot for What first as they should be easier to get into because of the irc interviews

PoorFook
12-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Depends on your taste..

TranceTraffic for the best Techno contents, but TranceRoute/Elektronik can be just as good if you can't find an account/invite.

What/Waffles can't be replaced though, general music tracker which I a member on both can find 95% of the English stuffs I want to find everytime without fail.

It still depends on your musical taste and such, BTmusic is a really nice tracker with very good rips since the uploads have very stringent checks.

Swift
12-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Soundarea if your into Clubbin

yevgeny
12-12-2008, 01:41 PM
what.cd is my main site for music but i also use zomb tracker and demonoid.

baronsamedi
12-12-2008, 01:55 PM
rap dancehall hip hop rnb
Djleak.com hands down

Popov
12-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Do you listen to FLAC or mp3 ?

kukushka
12-12-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm a massive indie/rock music fan
it was OP

for me - TT, as i am trance music lover

but if you like indie, rock - your road is to waffles or pedro ;)
this guy tried to stay on topic at least a bit :)

TranceTraffic for the best Techno contents, but TranceRoute/Elektronik can be just as good if you can't find an account/invite.

Soundarea if your into Clubbin

rap dancehall hip hop rnb
Djleak.com hands down
and this.. what can i say. great advices, great understanding of OP question :)
:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

thrillerboy
12-13-2008, 02:32 AM
One of my music addict friend always says, mostly public trackers, music blogs and soulseek is enough to find almost all music.

lisalovebrit
12-13-2008, 03:40 AM
What.cd ...my choice

Rikikii
12-13-2008, 11:49 AM
What, waffles, TranceRoute, elektronik, etc.

Funkin'
12-13-2008, 11:57 AM
One of my music addict friend always says, mostly public trackers, music blogs and soulseek is enough to find almost all music.

And that is true.

derailed
12-13-2008, 12:48 PM
I usually download my techno over at STMusic, but they have lots of indie/rock as well. I'm kind of in the same position as you, I would want to get into waffles or what, but I am actually quite happy with STMusic so far, it's a good tracker. And because they let users upload music on their own, much like oink used to do, you will quite possibly find some rare indie music.

But as someone previously stated, for starters you will find a lot of music on music blogs. 0daymusic is a good site (however it seems to have mostly electronic music, some rock however), albeit I'm a bit unsure if I can say that here as it is not a torrent site. Sorry in advance if that is the case (I'm new)!

t3h_n3wbie
12-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Thank you very much for all the replies, and also thank you Trippin' for the STMusic invite, really do appreciate it :)

Do you listen to FLAC or mp3 ?

I would prefer to download FLAC, but since my upload is very slow my ratio would go right down, MP3 is the only option for me for now.

I usually download my techno over at STMusic, but they have lots of indie/rock as well. I'm kind of in the same position as you, I would want to get into waffles or what, but I am actually quite happy with STMusic so far, it's a good tracker. And because they let users upload music on their own, much like oink used to do, you will quite possibly find some rare indie music.

But as someone previously stated, for starters you will find a lot of music on music blogs. 0daymusic is a good site (however it seems to have mostly electronic music, some rock however), albeit I'm a bit unsure if I can say that here as it is not a torrent site. Sorry in advance if that is the case (I'm new)!
From the amount of replies regarding waffles and what, I would love to be able to get in there one day, but after having a browse through STMusic it does have a lot of Indie music so I am very happy, and seems like a great starting place for me to say the least.

I have been through the music blog stage before, before I really discovered Warez sites, but I think I might check some more out again since the albums posted are usually relevantly new and usually come with a short and preview which i always good, since its easier than having to search through Last.fm, wiki or the bands myspaces.

Again, thanks for all your replies.

Glitterstep
01-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah STM is always a good start. If you want an invite PM me and i'll be more than happy to sort you out. :)

Hey m8....Can i get an invite for STM:cool:

dragoi92
01-22-2009, 08:37 PM

Hey m8....Can i get an invite for STM:cool:

u need to wait 30 days that u can post and request in bittorrent section