PDA

View Full Version : Halo Multiplayer

CadeLaguana
09-10-2003, 11:21 PM
Ok guys I'm going to try pitbulls technique, not sure if it works or not but here it goes.

I'm in a halo lan game right now. If you don't already, make a desktop shortcut of halo and right click it and go to properties...

on the target line put this:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -24.162.145.26:2249

I added the port (the :2249). If it doesnt work, then try without the port. I want to see if anyone can come connect to me. Good luck ;)

N£MO
09-10-2003, 11:43 PM
Tried it with port number and without and couldn't connect to you.

CadeLaguana
09-10-2003, 11:53 PM
Alright man thanks for telling me. I guess I'll just give up on it for now and wait for the official release for pc.... :(

toddiscool
09-11-2003, 03:57 AM
Quoted from readme file

Place in the same folder as your Halo executable, otherwise you'll get launch errors.

;)

Thanks to Peopls for finding the -connect shortcut line!

*****To Create a Game****  person to be connected to go into halo game and do the following
multiplayer>create or edit gametype (or whatever)
>select a gametype to edit, the one we just played was CTF pro
>change the name to something else
>set all the settings to how you wish

-for vehicles, for some reason you can't have both auto cannon and rocket warthogs in the same game, a bug maybe, also makesure you specify the vehicles for both teams)

>go back to the mp menu,
>under create game, click LAN

-you will see a list of maps, the one we just played is at the top i think, if you select another map, and you get a message saying that a file can't be found, this means that the map is unavailable.

>select a map
>for the gametype, change the listings to custom at the top, which should wipe the list and show the gametypes you have created
>select your gametype
>set up max players and start the game,
ignore the IP there (but leave it as it is) its for a LAN game, use your ISP Client IP

Give your ISP client IP to the people you want to connect, tell them to put it in this app,(the application for download on suprnova) voila!

This files is available at suprnova, I do not know if it works, do not like online, but thought I would share it with those that do.

Pitbul
09-11-2003, 05:03 AM
what is it that we place in a launch folder? the shortcut we created? if so im looking to try this out so anyone interested PM me or post here.

toddiscool
09-11-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Pitbul@11 September 2003 - 06:03
what is it that we place in a launch folder? the shortcut we created? if so im looking to try this out so anyone interested PM me or post here.
The thing I am talking about is a made multiplayer launcher. It is a file on supronva, I wil test it with you to see if it works, but that i pretty much all I am intrested in. Checke it out on suprnova, if you think it will work PM and I will test it with ya.

Pitbul
09-11-2003, 05:49 AM
ok here is the name of the game im hosting and the IP Oblue 108.80.168.192:2249

toddiscool
09-11-2003, 05:55 AM
I get a not able to join game error. When I use the port, when I do not i just loads the game normal.

Pitbul
09-11-2003, 06:01 AM
ok can u host a game? if u can post ur IP and server name also how do u use ports?

EDIT: i spelt the server name wrong i dont know if this would have mattered but it was OBlue not Oblue i doubt it matter but just thought id mention it.

toddiscool
09-11-2003, 06:15 AM
You need to use your physical IP, not the server IP it gives you in game, i belive. Anyways I pm'ed you My IP and the server nameI am hosting so lets see.

Pitbul
09-11-2003, 06:33 AM
hey im connected but u must be gone or something cuz ur just standing there

toddiscool
09-11-2003, 06:35 AM
I see come back

Pitbul
09-11-2003, 06:58 AM
cool it works.

CadeLaguana
09-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Damn that HaloServ tool really kicks ass.

I've been playing with a few of my buds and my bro. You guys that have beta give it a try man. No lag for me and some nice fun. Just a second ago a guy was in his ghost while this other dude was shooting him. It was this level called olyhip (a bunch of letters not sure how it was spelled...it was last map on the list in multiplayer). They where both by the edge of the platform so I take my warthog and side swipe both thier asses off! Damn that was fun....

;) :D

Pitbul
09-11-2003, 09:16 PM
PM me the server Ip and name next time u start a game i been looking for a game with Vehicles. :(

CadeLaguana
09-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Ahh sorry man Just got through with that. I'm probably about to find another... If I get into one, I'll give you the IP. ;)

Octopussy
09-12-2003, 03:32 AM
OKOKOKOK im totaly confused

please say this more simpler plzzzzzz u gota plzz im on my knees

first of all im downloading the halo.nrg about 491 mb is that the correct file?

second is this what i do: download the multiplayer thing, put it in my halo folder then im kinda confused on what to do ... pleaseeee tell meee

abu_has_the_power
09-12-2003, 03:35 AM
it's coming out 9/30. so the real version should be out after the 20th. get it then. only 10 more days. chill. i'd rather play the real version. i dled the beta, but i'd rather play the real

toddiscool
09-12-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Octopussy@11 September 2003 - 22:32
OKOKOKOK im totaly confused

please say this more simpler plzzzzzz u gota plzz im on my knees

first of all im downloading the halo.nrg about 491 mb is that the correct file?

second is this what i do: download the multiplayer thing, put it in my halo folder then im kinda confused on what to do ... pleaseeee tell meee
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=66053

Here is the readme file from the multi player launcher, I posted when I though tit was new news.

In short you execute the launcher and yype in the server name and the IP of the HOST computer, not the Ip it gives for the server.

Octopussy
09-12-2003, 03:49 AM
how come in the begining of the thread soem guy said you put like "c:/programfiles/etc" [ip here] ...? and you said u put ip in the server tool...

CadeLaguana
09-12-2003, 03:59 AM
Nothing...we were just doing something pit (or someone..) had said to do....Then I found out about HaloServ....so its not important anymore ;)

judgeofallandnothing
09-12-2003, 05:24 AM
r u suppose to run the game while running the serv app. I get a run time error.

toddiscool
09-12-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by judgeofallandnothing@12 September 2003 - 00:24
r u suppose to run the game while running the serv app. I get a run time error.
No, the multiplayer launcher starts the game for you. It needs to be in the same directory as the game is installed to, then just run and type in the Host IP. If you are the host IP then just set up the game and give all those you want to connect to your IP. Sorry I over typed, you know most of that.

So no, the game does not need to be started, the launcher starts it for you.

judgeofallandnothing
09-12-2003, 05:40 AM
ic ok.

Octopussy
09-13-2003, 04:59 AM
hells yea!! halo worked multiplayer...one question....somtimes it says cant load maps why??

toddiscool
09-13-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Octopussy@12 September 2003 - 23:59
hells yea!! halo worked multiplayer...one question....somtimes it says cant load maps why??
The maps are not included in the beta, so i read in the .nfo file that i posted.

Octopussy
09-13-2003, 06:00 AM
do u think somehow when the fullversion comes ppl can get the maps and like put them on bittorent or somting so i dont have to download the whole game and i can just get maps?

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

CadeLaguana
09-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Yea that does sound like a nice idea... Well when the done version is released, I imagine its going to require a valid cd key, but the beta would still be playable...

Copy the maps into the right directory, if that would work we'd have more maps!

hmmm. I just had a little deja vu. I could have sworn I said that exact thing before.... :unsure:

Busyman
09-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Brawny .......uh Quilted Northern ARRRRRRRGH I can't decide.

CadeLaguana
09-13-2003, 06:52 PM
heh...

Don't know why you can't decide. Brawny is for you mouth, quilted northerns to whipe your ass. Take both. Go to a bar-B-Q, eat tons of greazy chickin, penuts, beer, whipe your mouth, then go take a dump. ;)

Busyman
09-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Your're right. Brawny chafes my ass :lol:

Uhhh that was TMI wasn't it

Octopussy
09-14-2003, 02:54 AM
A priest and a little boy are walking through the woods late at night. The little boy says, "I'm scared." The priest says, "I'm scared too." The little boy then says, "Why are you scared?" The priest sighs then says, "Because I have to walk back out of these woods by myself." umm i dont get it...wana explain it to me ;)

Busyman
09-14-2003, 10:20 AM
Your're too young to get it. But then again if you are an altar boy I guess you do.

Octopussy
09-14-2003, 09:30 PM
are you an altar boy?