PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil Better Than Spiderman

._.
09-11-2003, 04:48 AM
I know a lot of people r gonna disagree ith me, but i think Daredevil was a better film than Spiderman. It had a better cast, soundtrack and storyline. Ok so it was too short and they killed off the sexy character, but I just found Daredevil more believable and less sugar coated.
:D

Gre1
09-11-2003, 04:50 AM
Nope it's not I haven't seen it but everywhere I go and watch a marvel movie they say spider-man was better.

The Horror fanatic
09-11-2003, 04:54 AM
daredevil had the worst bad guy ever in it called kingpin, that spoilt that film. I would say colin farrell should have been the head bad guy not that king pin guy. As for spiderman it was maybe just a little bit better but was not as good as i expected it would be. Thank god kirsten dunst was in it is all i could say. Maybe the sequel will be better

Celerystalksme
09-11-2003, 05:06 AM
There both the same in my books...both had hot females...good action and fucking awsome soundtracks :D

TheFilePirater
09-11-2003, 05:08 AM
yes, althought the hot bitches were awsome, although daredevil just didnt stand up to spiderman, it did have good effects, but spidy was better

btw, did any1 see the banned trailer of spidy? that most of took some time

AznRocky
09-11-2003, 05:53 AM
Dare Devil was horrible! i thought spiderman was 99.9% better then dare Devil

Powdered Water
09-11-2003, 06:57 AM
They were both good certainly better than The Hulk. But my fave is still the X-Men.

thisiswhoweare
09-11-2003, 09:13 AM
spiderman was much better than daredevil, even there there was a feeling of sugar coatedness.

The acting in daredevil from affleck was terrible, and fight scenes with kingpin and the ending was stupid. Havent seen the hulk, but i think X2 was the most interesting, esp Lady deathstrike, ;)

thisiswhoweare
09-11-2003, 09:16 AM
oh and kirsten dunst didnt do it for me as mary jane watson, they should have gotten a real redhead as far as im concerned.

tHe LiNk
09-11-2003, 09:27 AM
Daredevil was one of the worst movies i saw all year, i didn't enjoy spiderman all that much, but it was so many times better.

Cl1mh4224rd
09-11-2003, 09:28 AM
The Kingpin is not a big black man from the Bronx!! :angry:

And the whole fight between Daredevil and Bullseye, where Bullseye kills the chick's dad, during a short period of spontaneous blindness on her part, so she thinks DD killed her dad... Wtf?! She didn't see the goddamned fight? She was right there!

Totally unbelievable, and utterly rediculous twist. Point blank.

Besides, a comic book savvy friend of mine said that Bullseye uses a gun; not paperclips and pencils... But I can understand how they couldn&#39;t make the bad guy too much of a challenge. <_<

It was almost worth the &#036;1.00 I paid to see it...

Busyman
09-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Bulleye uses anything.
Daredevil sucked (Affleck is too smirky). I was very dissappointed and I collect MANY comics. Spiderman was very good in comparison. If you read comics at all, they did Spiderman justice. It&#39;s funny though how most folks on here only know Spiderman or X-men from the damn cartoons so that&#39;s what you compare it to,
Did you know there were 3 Green Goblins and the Hobgoblin?
Did you know Osborne&#39;s son will be the 2nd one?
Did you know Spiderman had an awesome black costume for a LONG comic book run which later (w/ a character named Eddie Brock) becomes Venom?

BY THE WAY HOLLYWOOD NEEDS TO DO AT LEAST 2 MOVIES WITH SPIDERMAN&#39;S BLACK COSTUME BEFORE VENOM MAKES AN APPEARANCE. There are enough villains until then.

N£MO
09-11-2003, 11:36 AM
I agree Daredevil was alot better than Spiderman.

thisiswhoweare
09-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@11 September 2003 - 12:24
Did you know there were 3 Green Goblins and the Hobgoblin?
Did you know Osborne&#39;s son will be the 2nd one?
Did you know Spiderman had an awesome black costume for a LONG comic book run which later (w/ a character named Eddie Brock) becomes Venom?

BY THE WAY HOLLYWOOD NEEDS TO DO AT LEAST 2 MOVIES WITH SPIDERMAN&#39;S BLACK COSTUME BEFORE VENOM MAKES AN APPEARANCE. There are enough villains until then.
3? I only know 2...norman and harry. I knew about the hobgoblin but hes not as tough as the greenies.
Osbornes son? lol, there are osbornes (harry and norman).
It looks blue rather than black the costume.
Hope venom is in the third movie of spiderman, can&#39;t wait to see how they get the effect of a living organism as a costume.

ilw
09-11-2003, 11:45 AM
Daredevil sucked ass, spiderman was a little better. yeah i can&#39;t wait for venom to make an appearance, I reckon they should bring him in as a costume change in the Doc Oc one otherwise they have to cram everything (him getting the symbiont, losing it, Eddie Brock&#39;s story, venom appearing and being beaten) all into the 3rd movie and that would be shite.

thisiswhoweare
09-11-2003, 02:44 PM
:( but id hate to watch 2 movies just to see what happens...

Turd Ferguson
09-11-2003, 03:00 PM
I actually don&#39;t mind Ben Affleck, but Daredevil was just terrible. Spiderman was much better, mainly because Kirsten Dunst was in it.

Willem Dafoe is pretty crazy too. I thought he was a much better villain than Kingpin and that dude Colin Farrell played who flicks paper clips at people.

MetroStars
09-11-2003, 03:00 PM
I have 2 agree DareDevil is much better than Spider-Man, DareDevil is much more darker and has that gothic feel 2 it, while Spider-Man is a pure kids movie

Snee
09-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Of the new wave of Marvel-films, I&#39;d rate them like so:

The Hulk
X-men
Spider-man
X-men 2
Daredevil

Meaning it&#39;s the suckiest one. But the effects are good and it&#39;s good to have seen at least once.

MetroStars
09-11-2003, 04:23 PM
1 thing u gotta luv about DareDevil is the part where Bullseye flicks that nut and it lands in the old womans mouth Chocking her... :lol:

Busyman
09-11-2003, 05:29 PM
DD just didn&#39;t have the feel of a good movie.
Kingpin was cast wrong
Daredevil was cast wrong
Batman had a more gothic feel than DD.
ANd Ben Affleck needs to do just Chasing Amy type movies.
I didn&#39;t like his smirky ass in Reindeer Games and I don&#39;t like him now.

[/QUOTE] 3? I only know 2...norman and harry. I knew about the hobgoblin but hes not as tough as the greenies.
Osbornes son? lol, there are osbornes (harry and norman).
It looks blue rather than black the costume.
Hope venom is in the third movie of spiderman, can&#39;t wait to see how they get the effect of a living organism as a costume [QUOTE]

thisiswhoweare I know they both are Osbornes smart ass.
Spiderman&#39;s costume was PITCH black not blue
I hope Venom is not in the third movie for reasons ilw said.
As I said Spidey has enough villains to handle until then.
Plus I wanna see Spidey turn semi-evil because of the black costume.

thisiswhoweare
09-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@11 September 2003 - 18:29
thisiswhoweare I know they both are Osbornes smart ass.
Spiderman&#39;s costume was PITCH black not blue
I hope Venom is not in the third movie for reasons ilw said.
As I said Spidey has enough villains to handle until then.
Plus I wanna see Spidey turn semi-evil because of the black costume.
:lol: just messing with you.
The comics made him look like he had a blue costume on, not questioning that he didnt have a black one, just saying it looked blue.
I&#39;m sure they&#39;ll be able to fit it into a single 2hr movie.
So who was the other green goblin?

Kid1A
09-11-2003, 09:53 PM
daredevil kicks spidy&#39;s ass all over period.

Busyman
09-11-2003, 10:07 PM
I forgot who the third was. I think it was Ned Leeds but he could have been the Hobgoblin. I get back to ya.
By the way, Venom did have a bluish hue to HIS costume.

daredevil kicks spidy&#39;s ass all over period

The masses and the box office disagree with you but of course you are entitled to your opinion.
I think if they do another DD it needs to have Sticks and Stone as allies fighting other ninjas. I haven&#39;t even seen a ninja novie in awhile.

WolverineDK
09-12-2003, 12:06 PM
they fucked them both pretty good up so both of them suck IMO
because the comic of them both are far better

MUSLEMAN
09-12-2003, 02:32 PM
i thought spiderman was better boss

Adster
09-12-2003, 02:51 PM
I think dare devil was a piece of shit also I think Ben afflec is the worst asshole up himself actor I have ever seen can&#39;t stand him

Spiderman kicked ass

but Jenny Garner WOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

The Horror fanatic
09-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Let put it simple. Daredevil 7 out of 10, spiderman 7 out of 10, but superman 9 out of 10. That film is a classic, and the 2nd one. then they went a bit downhill. If talk true there is to be a new one, let hope it as good as the first two.. i don&#39;t think daredevil or spiderman could match up to superman

Grimlock
09-12-2003, 03:07 PM
Oh My God&#33;&#33; there were actually people who liked these movies???? Ok first of most of my opinions on daredevil have already been covered here atMaddox&#39;s page (http://maddox.xmission.com/dare_devil.html)
except for the part where the deaf guy with the hyper sensitive hearing(so good he can use it like radar to see) cranks up his stereo to max during the first shot of him as a grown up. What kind of sense does this make??? Who is supporting this stuff Stan Lee is just making a huge money grab in his old age. Who in their right mind thinks that willam dafoe needs a mask to play the green goblin. That is ludicris they should have used a bit of putty or some effects similar to the stuff they used in "the mask" with Jim Carrey. Dafoe was the most perfect actor to cast as the goblin and that idiot(ok he deserves a bit of slack but just cause he directed the evil dead movies) Sam Raimi went and covered his face with a power rangers mask??? I agree that the king pin was extremely poorly cast as was Mary Jane. Mary Jane is a tall statuesgue red head not a blonde troll. Also as for seeing venom in a movie I agree he is a fan favorite and he does rock but i think they should stop pleasing the drooling masses and continue with the storyline before throwing in another underdeveloped character. If they make these movies right they have an untapped gold mine on their hands(how many issues of spiderman are there). Anyways just to wrap this up I am not a huge nerd but I did really enjoy comics as a kid and my brother had a huge collection and yeah i was dissapointed by both movies but i guess if I had to choose between the two I would have to go with... "Army of Darkness" lol it always wins don&#39;t waste your time on the other two go watch "equilibrium" or something. Even with it&#39;s tiny budget it was three times the movie either of those were.

AngryChick
09-12-2003, 06:39 PM
Well, since both of these movies sucked there is no way to pick. That would be the equivalent of picking between 2 turds in the toilet bowl.

If anymore people start posting that they like one more than the other because of "hot bitches" or "awesome soundtracks" I think I&#39;m gonna retch. Is that what makes a good movie these days?????? Big boobs and a good tune? COME ON&#33;

To Turd Ferguson the guy who didn&#39;t know the name of the character that Colin Farrel played: he had a BULLSEYE on his FOREHEAD&#33;&#33; :angry:

pienmash
09-12-2003, 08:25 PM
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7]being a comic buff i would say that its a tie for the films,but daredevil has way cool super powers but then again so does spidey...bugger.....im stuck.....i would call it a tie......spidey used to be a better read than daredevil,when they done a crossover it was cool.

Busyman
09-12-2003, 10:57 PM
You have to remember that there 14 year olds on the board. That&#39;s where "Kirsten Dunst is hot" comes from.

thisiswhoweare
09-13-2003, 12:02 AM
Some soundtracks compliment a great film, rather than make the film great. Its very difficult to hear any of the soundtracks in the spiderman film, but the tracks were great off the soundtrack.

nahan
09-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Daredevil is not cool the movie was okay.Spiderman was good ,much better than I thought they would make it .

mogadishu
09-13-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by nahan@12 September 2003 - 19:10
Daredevil is not cool the movie was okay.Spiderman was good ,much better than I thought they would make it .
the movie dardevil was quite possibly the worst i have ever seen.

spirit
09-13-2003, 12:34 AM
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=red] :flame: Dare Devil vs Spiderman&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; well i think they are as good as each other. Spiderman had the cool computer generated effects on the swinging between the buildings, Dare Devil had the whole echo location thing. both movies had the whole save the girl, beet the baddie and do the world a fovour in the meentime. BUT SPIDERMAN WINS&#33;&#33;&#33; Coz Dare Devil echo scence thing can never happen while Spiderman was bitten by a geneticly enhanced spider, that might be possible in the future&#33;&#33;&#33; All in all two good movies but the story line was more detailed in Spiderman than Dare Devil.

AngryChick
09-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Getting bitten by a genetically enhanced spider is possible in the future?

Are there really people out there who actually believe in this stuff??? :angry:

spirit
09-13-2003, 02:45 AM
I work in a lab and with genetic treatments progressing at the rate that we are in the public domain whos to say what the goverments have got? its possible that when we reach the point were technology will be only hampered by the human controlling it that we will delve into genetics not to make antibiotics ofr viruses but to incress strength in animals or our own species. why couldn&#39;t one of these pass it on in venom or a passing of blood which would change the victims dna as well&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; but this is getting a bit off topic&#33;&#33;&#33; :o

Grimlock
09-13-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by spirit@13 September 2003 - 02:45
I work in a lab and with genetic treatments progressing at the rate that we are in the public domain whos to say what the goverments have got? its possible that when we reach the point were technology will be only hampered by the human controlling it that we will delve into genetics not to make antibiotics ofr viruses but to incress strength in animals or our own species. why couldn&#39;t one of these pass it on in venom or a passing of blood which would change the victims dna as well&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; but this is getting a bit off topic&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; :o
That has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read (and that is really saying a lot)&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Spirit you must be the one holding back the cure for cancer. I swear how many billions of dollars do we have to spend to get people who can actually spell working on this stuff. I&#39;m glad you know so much about genetics that you felt it was important for you to fill all of us uneducated bastards in on the fact that "the government" COULD be making a breed of super strong spider-men in secret laboratories somewhere??? WTF do you just post to see the flashy cursor thingy move across your screen? Anyways I think I am through here please do not respond and embarass us both further.

BTW this is what I think of your last post in case you didn&#39;t get the picture....(flushing sound). <_<

._.
09-13-2003, 07:17 AM
<span style='color:red'><span style='color:blue'>i already said many wont agree with me but still i say daredevil is betta (http://www.geocities.com/thug_mansion_com)</span></span>

._.
09-13-2003, 07:20 AM
I work in a lab and with genetic treatments progressing at the rate that we are in the public domain whos to say what the goverments have got? its possible that when we reach the point were technology will be only hampered by the human controlling it that we will delve into genetics not to make antibiotics ofr viruses but to incress strength in animals or our own species. why couldn&#39;t one of these pass it on in venom or a passing of blood which would change the victims dna as well&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; but this is getting a bit off topic&#33;&#33;&#33;

i think this is bullshit you are posing over here anyone moderators there please deleted the post thankyou in advance

thisiswhoweare
09-13-2003, 07:28 AM
anything is possible IMO :D

AngryChick
09-13-2003, 08:02 AM
OMG Spirit you need to quit your job first thing Monday morning&#33;&#33;&#33;

I think I&#39;d be more worried about YOU biting someone and giving them stupid than a genetically enhanced spider giving somebody super powers. :angry:

asmithz
09-13-2003, 08:09 AM
I think that dare devil is better. I dont know if anyone knew but kevin smith wrote some of the comics. Also he was in the movie. :D Spider got a bad rap becuse who they had play him.

Busyman
09-13-2003, 02:03 PM
When did Spiderman get a bad rap. In America Spiderman broke box office records. A bad movie can&#39;t do that. Even if Spiderman was popular as a character and the movie was horrible it would not break records. A movie can only fool the masses but so much.

thisiswhoweare
09-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by AngryChick@13 September 2003 - 09:02
OMG Spirit you need to quit your job first thing Monday morning&#33;&#33;&#33;

I think I&#39;d be more worried about YOU biting someone and giving them stupid than a genetically enhanced spider giving somebody super powers. :angry:
so thats who it was who bit me :lol:

i really have no idea why everyone has turned against spirit. Its like you people all know what the future holds. Just B)

Grimlock
09-13-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@13 September 2003 - 14:03
When did Spiderman get a bad rap. In America Spiderman broke box office records. A bad movie can&#39;t do that. Even if Spiderman was popular as a character and the movie was horrible it would not break records. A movie can only fool the masses but so much.
Please&#33;&#33;&#33; give me a break so many terrible movies break the box office people go to see trash all the time.

Busyman
09-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Name 1 in the top 5. Name 1 in the top 30 for that matter.
Spiderman is in the top ten of all time (even though that&#39;s partly due to inflation).
Daredevil probably isn&#39;t in the top 50.
I made the last statement about fooling the masses because I knew one of you would say what you said.
I understand bad movies make money but.... the TOP movies made the cash for good reasons.... they were good fucking movies.
You know not what you are talking about.
You must be talking about the UK because you can&#39;t be talking about the USA.

ilw
09-13-2003, 09:40 PM
1 1997 Titanic &#036;600,788,188
2 1977 Star Wars &#036;460,998,007
3 1982 ET: The Extra-Terrestrial &#036;431,197,000
4 1999 Star Wars: Phantom Menace &#036;431,088,297
5 2002 Spider-Man &#036;403,706,375
6 1993 Jurassic Park &#036;357,067,947
7 2002 Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers &#036;339,787,500
8 2003 Finding Nemo &#036;333,843,390
9 1994 Forrest Gump &#036;329,693,974
10 2001 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer&#39;s Stone &#036;317,557,891

1) U&#39;ve gotta be joking, I&#39;ve sh*t better
3) Riding off the fact that no star wars had been released for years
5) All the comic book fans had been waiting for years
10) Riding on success of the book, film sucked ass

I&#39;m with Grimlock, face it people go and watch crap all the time.

Busyman
09-13-2003, 10:24 PM
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT&#33;&#33;&#33;
So now your&#39;re saying those movies are crap.
I didn&#39;t say they&#39;re the best ever (you folks love to say ever).
I&#39;ll admit the Phantom Menace was a disappointment but you&#39;ve got to be kidding me.
As I said before if a movie is total crap as you say, word will spread that it is crap and folks won&#39;t go the theatre THAT much. You can fool some but not THAT many. Just like the movie Sixth Sense. It did well because some people saw it and word of mouth made more people see it. That&#39;s how I saw it.

If Harry Potter sucked people would come out disappointed. But that didn&#39;t happen.
Face it you and your hand full of crappy movie critics didn&#39;t like it and YOU are a small minority.
I wonder what age group you folks are in. I get an idea by looking at folks posts.

Grimlock
09-13-2003, 10:58 PM
It sounds like you have a lot of "ideas"(not too many of them good). Most of those movies are agreed by most critics to be THE most over-rated movies of all time. Do you sniff a lot of glue?
the reason everyone had shit eating grins on their faces when they came out of harry potter wasn&#39;t cuz they enjoyed it. Most parents never read the books and couldn&#39;t relate to it, and the others were five years old and were smiling cause they just got popcorn and a coke.
Anyone who went to see the movie (aptly named) "Titanic" is too embarassed to admit they spent money on it.
It&#39;s a good thing most StarWars fans have those hooded robes and no friends,it made it easier for them to go into hiding after the crapfest phantom menace came out(also aptly named I might add).
Also I have enjoyed episodes of the 70&#39;s spider man cartoon more than the rainbow colored power ranger style bomb that Sam Raimi crammed up marvel fans corn chutes. Just because a movie is acceptable and people aren&#39;t demanding their money back doesn&#39;t mean it was GOOD.
Oh and by the way Kreskin tell me what my age is from my post.

Busyman
09-13-2003, 11:13 PM
As I said before if a movie is total crap as you say, word will spread that it is crap and folks won&#39;t go the theatre THAT much. You can fool some but not THAT many. Just like the movie Sixth Sense. It did well because some people saw it and word of mouth made more people see it. That&#39;s how I saw it.

and again

YOU didn&#39;t like it but don&#39;t tell me that most of the MASSIVE audience that saw didn&#39;t. You&#39;ve got your opinion and the masses have theirs.

Point being TOP movies are their for a reason and it ain&#39;t just marketing or hype.

Oh by the way FUCK the critics. If watched only what critics liked all the time I would barely see a good movie. Hey I saw Titanic at the theatre only because my girlfriend wanted to see it and fell asleep on the middle hour. I woke up when the ship hit the iceberg and the last hour WAS good. But I see why it&#39;s #1 also even though to me it&#39;s chick or elderly person movie.

College student

Grimlock
09-13-2003, 11:44 PM
So what you are saying is that a movie that you fell asleep during deserves to be the highest grossing movie of all time. Sounds logical. If the word logical has changed it&#39;s meaning to be exactly the opposite of the one it currently holds in the dictionary. Basically "titanic" (a movie you didn&#39;t even want to see) that had reviews and "word of mouth" from critics and movie goers alike that it was scuz, deserves it&#39;s top place because it was all hype(aimed at your girlfriend or not). You just contradicted yourself more times than any human being has ever in such a short space. I am not a college kid who thinks he is smarter than you because he has been to a few film classes. I am just an average guy who knows he is smarter than you period.

PS. without critics praise, Sixth Sense (which you keep going on about) would not have grossed as much as it did.

ilw
09-13-2003, 11:51 PM
If they spend enough money on it, people will go and see it. IMO 2 movies have proved this beyond all reasonable doubt
1) Titanic
2) Waterworld

Both are complete and utter rubbish and many, many people were disappointed by what they paid for.

Good movies will naturally rise to the top of the heap, however, expensive movies will get nailed to the top.

Grimlock
09-13-2003, 11:59 PM
tell it like it is

Busyman
09-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Hey smartass Grimlocked on my nuts

1. I fell asleep at the MOVIE theatre. Since then it has been on DVD AND CABLE. And I&#39;ve seen it since then.
2. I wouldn&#39;t have seen it otherwise just because it&#39;s not MY type of movie. I like comedies, action, and horror. I don&#39;t like to go movies for dramas as much. I want to be wowed. So no I didn&#39;t WANT to see it. But I see why it did well. It was a good movie.
3. I also fell asleep on Die Hard With A Vengeance (at the theatre). I saw it in it&#39;s entirety later and it was good. Is it logical to say because I fell asleep at the movie theatre that I don&#39;t think it should have done well. No. I means I was tired dipshit.
4. If you paid attention regarding the Sixth Sense (which I kept going on about), The 2, yes 2 times it was mentioned it was copied and pasted. It&#39;s the exact same statements so pay attention when your&#39;re in school, boy.
5. Most people don&#39;t even hear what critics have to say. Yes critics saying a movie is good can make movie make more money even if it&#39;s just one person. But most moviegoers either see the trailer or someone else told them the movie was good. SO FUCK CRITICS.

also lookup what contradiction means before using it in a sentence
Spiderman was horrible. Spiderman was good.
That&#39;s a contradiction.

By the way ilw,
Titanic is the top movie of all time. A lot of money was spent on it.
Uhhh where the fuck is Waterworld. A lot of money was spent on it.

Good movies will naturally rise to the top of the heap, however, expensive movies will get nailed to the top

Then where&#39;s Waterworld. It&#39;s not even in the top 200 movies. So not THAT many people

I just put a quote from ilw, Grimlock.

Don&#39;t forget to cosign again.

Grimlock
09-14-2003, 01:59 AM
First of all it would be contradictory to your family tree to say that you aren&#39;t an in-bred idiot.

Secondly you are defending "titanic". Calling one of the most overhyped money making monstrosities of our time a good movie.
For those two reasons alone you should be told to sit down shut your noise tube and let someone with a brain talk for a while.

Thirdly &#39;diehard with a vengeance" was hardly an all time classical cinematic experience.

Fourth on the list this statement is not copied and pasted. That&#39;s right I actually took the time to think up an entirely original thought just for this post(be amazed).

Lastly critics are heard by a fuck of a lot more people than your ignorrant ass is. Besides who gives two shits about critics. I am not defending them as knowing anything about jack squat(just knowing quite a bit more about movies than you)

con.tra.dic.tion

- inconsistency or discrepency (ie. Saying that you liked Titanic and then perpetrating that you have any taste or a brain at all.) ok dipshit?

Ps. it is also contradictory for you to say you have nuts.

AngryChick
09-14-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@13 September 2003 - 18:19
Name 1 in the top 5. Name 1 in the top 30 for that matter.
Spiderman is in the top ten of all time (even though that&#39;s partly due to inflation).
Daredevil probably isn&#39;t in the top 50.
I made the last statement about fooling the masses because I knew one of you would say what you said.
I understand bad movies make money but.... the TOP movies made the cash for good reasons.... they were good fucking movies.
You know not what you are talking about.
You must be talking about the UK because you can&#39;t be talking about the USA.
Hey, shut the f*ck up you moron&#33;&#33;&#33; You don&#39;t know what you are talking about&#33; :angry:

Wasn&#39;t this stupid topic supposed to be about how crappy Spiderman and Daredevil are?

thisiswhoweare
09-14-2003, 02:30 AM
are you always angry?? :blink: :rolleyes:

Its funny how people reply to "stupid" topics. If its so stupid, dont reply.
B)

Busyman
09-14-2003, 02:48 AM
Overhyped yes. Horrible movie no.
It&#39;s your fucking opinion dumb fuck, not mine.
Regarding Die Hard I didn&#39;t say it was a classical cinematic exprience. I said it was a good movie. Pay attention.
Copied and pasted not going on and on. Pay attention
I didn&#39;t say it&#39;s BEST movie of all time. "Defending" Titanic; please. I said I see why it did well. Step outside your cardboard box. If you can&#39;t understand that then back to school. OH my bad your&#39;re still in school. Pay attention.

And AngryBitch what is it that I don&#39;t know -(what the fuck I&#39;m talking about)
Chiming in and shit with nothing. Stay angry and pissed but I&#39;m time enough for you.

The movies that you guys say are shit AND are at the top of the box office, MOST OF THE FUCKING PEOPLE WHO SAW THEM LIKED IT. (HYPE OR NOT)

Grimlock you say your&#39;re smarter than I am but you backed up ilw and his bullshit.
Critics don&#39;t know more than I do. Why?
Because I like what I fucking like. Sit down.
I also liked Don&#39;t Be A Menace. Now that&#39;s a cinematic experience. :lol:

AngryChick
09-14-2003, 03:07 AM
If I wasn&#39;t angry all the time would my name be AngryChick? hmmmmm I wonder.

Busyman, you don&#39;t know what you are talking about. Spending a lot of money doesn&#39;t automatically mean better quality now does it. A movie with good special effects doesn&#39;t make it a good movie, therefore (like yourself) people go to the movies that will "wow" them. :angry:

thisiswhoweare
09-14-2003, 03:19 AM
i wonder how long tis will keep up... :) im getting the idea that the same things being said over again, anyone else? :P

The Horror fanatic
09-14-2003, 04:15 AM
as far as i go like i mention before, neither would be in supermans class anyway, even batman is better than them both and the 4th one sucked like hell

thisiswhoweare
09-14-2003, 04:18 AM
not a big fan of batman the movies, all the enemies look silly and unbelievable in the film sense, if that makes any sense...i liked the superman one where there was a evil superman vs goody clark kent which had the robot woman (freakky as hell), and the one where the three black clothed posse against superman...but other than that wasnt that impressed.

The Horror fanatic
09-14-2003, 04:29 AM
well i think the first batman was the best because jack nicholson was great as the joker. as for the superman series, the 1st is a classic, the 2nd almost match it, and the 3rd one where he goes evil was close too. but the 4th sucked

AngryChick
09-14-2003, 04:39 AM
I agree with you horror fanatic, Jack Nicholson was awesome in Batman.

The Batman and Superman were 100 times better than Daredevil and Spiderman.

:angry:

The Horror fanatic
09-14-2003, 04:55 AM
jack been in some good movies. chinatown, batman, and of course at his best in the shining. Here&#39;s johnny

SuperSaiyanVegeta
09-14-2003, 05:03 AM
Spiderman would kick Daredevil&#39;s ass&#33;

Daredevil was boring as hell. :sleeping:

Grimlock
09-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@14 September 2003 - 02:48
Overhyped yes. Horrible movie no.
It&#39;s your fucking opinion dumb fuck, not mine.
Regarding Die Hard I didn&#39;t say it was a classical cinematic exprience. I said it was a good movie. Pay attention.
Copied and pasted not going on and on. Pay attention
I didn&#39;t say it&#39;s BEST movie of all time. "Defending" Titanic; please. I said I see why it did well. Step outside your cardboard box. If you can&#39;t understand that then back to school. OH my bad your&#39;re still in school. Pay attention.

And AngryBitch what is it that I don&#39;t know -(what the fuck I&#39;m talking about)
Chiming in and shit with nothing. Stay angry and pissed but I&#39;m time enough for you.

The movies that you guys say are shit AND are at the top of the box office, MOST OF THE FUCKING PEOPLE WHO SAW THEM LIKED IT. (HYPE OR NOT)

Grimlock you say your&#39;re smarter than I am but you backed up ilw and his bullshit.
Critics don&#39;t know more than I do. Why?
Because I like what I fucking like. Sit down.
I also liked Don&#39;t Be A Menace. Now that&#39;s a cinematic experience. :lol:
I think that if you learned to read it might clear up the fact that you keep repeating and contradicting yourself.

Ps. I said I&#39;m not a student you yutz&#33;&#33;

ilw
09-14-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by The man himself: Maddox

I wonder why the Titanic appeals to the intellect of 13 year old girls? Maybe because it&#39;s a shitty, simple movie for shitty simple people. Shitty, Shitty, Shitty, Shitty. I can&#39;t say it enough. Titanic is shitty. Only shit-eaters would see it. Worthless.

Grimlock
09-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Maddox kicks ass. For all you unfortunate souls who have never heard of him go Here Dammit (http://maddox.xmission.com/) and hurry.

Turd Ferguson
09-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Oh man, how have I not heard of this Maddox guy earlier? He&#39;s absolutely hilarious and spot on too.

I&#39;ll have to bookmark that. Thanks for the link Grimlock.

Busyman
09-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Oh God. Shut the fuck up AngryBitch. You are seriously putting words in my mouth.

Last for the 18 millionth time (sorry I&#39;m a little drunk).

The movies that made it WAYYYYY at the top made it their because they were decent movies. I never said best ever. They were not shit. I am not a "Titanic" fanboy. Hollywood hypes many other movies that don&#39;t make it that far. Why is that? Because some movies as you say are total shit. If my mother wanted to see it I&#39;d recommend it. If my peoples wanted to see it I&#39;d say, "hell no."

Ok dipshits
Ok Grimlockedonmynutsthestupidputzthecollegestudentmakingallthefuss
Ok AngryBitchwithanangrytwitchwithnocreamtostoptheferociousitch

ilw
09-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Basically all i&#39;m saying is that theres a few factors that go into making a film a good performer at the box office. (Especially opening weekend records which IMO should never be considered when saying how good a film is)
1) Hype, ie some gimmick to make if famous eg highest ever budget, or spending lots on advertising
2) Long anticipation, ie fans have been waiting ages for it to hit the big screen
3) Sequels (kinda falls into same category as long anticipation) ie because the first was good, theres a strong desire to see the sequel
4) Famous actors, people blindly going to see films because they have actors/actresses they like in them
5) The film is actually good, people & critics rave about

However i think very few of the top ten rely on factor 5.

Grimlock
09-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@14 September 2003 - 10:37
Oh God. Shut the fuck up AngryBitch. You are seriously putting words in my mouth.

Last for the 18 millionth time (sorry I&#39;m a little drunk).

The movies that made it WAYYYYY at the top made it their because they were decent movies. I never said best ever. They were not shit. I am not a "Titanic" fanboy. Hollywood hypes many other movies that don&#39;t make it that far. Why is that? Because some movies as you say are total shit. If my mother wanted to see it I&#39;d recommend it. If my peoples wanted to see it I&#39;d say, "hell no."

Ok dipshits
Ok Grimlockedonmynutsthestupidputzthecollegestudentmakingallthefuss
Ok AngryBitchwithanangrytwitchwithnocreamtostoptheferociousitch
If you ever post anything worth replying to let me know.

MetroStars
09-14-2003, 01:34 PM
Oh man, how have I not heard of this Maddox guy earlier? He&#39;s absolutely hilarious and spot on too.

I agree with this

Maddox u r a comic genuis, his site had me pissing my pants :lol:

Grimlock
09-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@14 September 2003 - 13:34

I agree with this

Maddox u r a comic genuis, his site had me pissing my pants :lol:
Yeah there needs to be a national Maddox appreciation day in every country.

AngryChick
09-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Hurray for busyfag for finally seeing the light (well it&#39;s close enough for me) :)

That Maddox guy is fuckin funny&#33;

Celerystalksme
09-15-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Grimlock@14 September 2003 - 20:27
Maddox kicks ass. For all you unfortunate souls who have never heard of him go Here Dammit (http://maddox.xmission.com/) and hurry.
That was some classic shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Busyman
09-15-2003, 01:25 AM
Hurray for busyfag for finally seeing the light (well it&#39;s close enough for me)

Too bad for AngryChick
She was just a Bitch
that scratched alot at her crotch because of the itch
So we couldn&#39;t fuck but I said guess what
you can lick the nuts and suck the dick
And even though that she was superbly phat
and just begged a brother to stick it
I told AngryChick I just can&#39;t get with an itchy bitch with

CROTCH CRICKETS &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

by the way thanks for the link Grimlock
That shit is funny

AngryChick
09-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Wow busyman I had no idea that I affected you in such a way&#33; Did you always want to be naughty with me (be careful hon, some girls like that)&#33; You are sooo sweet to spend the time to think of and write me a poem, and it even rhymed&#33; Gee a girl could get used to this kind of stuff&#33; :P

Busyman
09-15-2003, 04:14 AM
You know I love you girl.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

2Pac
09-15-2003, 04:15 AM
<_<

Celerystalksme
09-15-2003, 04:40 AM
TEH LOVE http://www.klboard.ath.cx/style_images/1/icon12.gif

Busyman
09-16-2003, 06:27 AM
and Daredevil sucks, and Titanic is the shiznit :lol: :lol: :lol:

puk:))
09-16-2003, 12:46 PM
dd really is the biggest pile of shit & im in real shock that anyone could have enjoyed it....... as soon as nobboy & his bitch start fighting in the playground.... i knew it was only gonna get worse.

bad acting,
bad casting,
& the main boss....... well, nuff said i think.

spiderman was far better... not so much a great film but i think it has set itself up so the next 2 could rock.... i know, big "could".

._.
09-25-2003, 01:55 PM
DAREDEVIL :lol:

The Horror fanatic
09-26-2003, 03:27 AM
daredevil did have the promise but when you got a crap bad guy like kingpin in it, it was doomed to end garbage. As for spiderman i hope the 2nd one is better because the 1st one was not brilliant, but it was good. i mostly enjoyed it because kirsten dunst was in it