PDA

View Full Version : Leeching from my seedbox to my PC

nbo
12-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Hey,
So I downloaded this movie on my seedbox, an old movie with 2 seeders, speed was 1.1KBS on my pc but 850 on my box.
Now I want to seed it on to my PC at a nice quick speed.
So i tried to download it, I checked on my box and pc to see the peer connection but it either goes very slow or does not download at all, I see no reason why I shouldnt be downloading off my box at max speed (200-300KBS)
especially since I'm the only leecher
but it's stuck.
Is there any trick to it?

PS: Please don't suggest the FTP alternative, i know about but would very much like to do it this way.

Thanks.

Artemis
12-30-2008, 11:52 PM
So you are using the torrent client on your seebox to leech the torrent back to your PC ? may I ask why ? With DHT and peer discovery turned off you are not going to get speed from the torrent since you are not using the trackers announce url to download the file (unless you have created another .torrent file on your seedbox).
The most efficient way to get files from your seedbox server is via FTP/FXP, and the fastest is via HTTP if you can be bothered setting up a webserver to serve the files.

H&K
12-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Downloading via a torrent (From your seedbox only) never gets a maxed out speed. FTP will be and is better.

Detale
12-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Moved to the seedbox section ;)

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 09:53 AM
make sure your firewall isn't blocking incoming connections.