PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter To Riaa

Sparkle1984
09-11-2003, 08:13 PM
I cannot be silent any more.  I am absolutely disgusted at the way you sued the 12 year old girl, Brianna LaHara.  If this is how you treat your customers, potential customers and even young children, then you totally deserve all your "problems".

Many filesharers have said they will boycott your products out of solidarity with this girl, and all the other people who you are persecuting.  We the consumers put you where you are now RIAA, and we can bring you back down too.  The amount of money you may gain by prosecuting people will be cancelled out many times by what you will lose from boycotts.  After all, who wants to support financially an organisation like yours which persecutes young children?

The amount of people participating in filesharing is still increasing every week.  (2.6 million people downloaded Kazaa last week, according to the official website).  Every time you complain about it, you only make people even more determined to share.  By attacking the filesharing community, you are only bringing it closer together, and you are alienating your customers.

The Sharman Networks did give you many opportunities to enter into a deal with them, but you always refuse.  So how can you now complain you are losing out RIAA?

The entertainment industry can live on without you RIAA!  You disgust me, and millions of others around the world.  It makes me feel sick that you gloat about the possibility of you suing young children.  You've just done it to a 12 year old, and how young are you prepared to go?  I am aware of 4 year olds who use Kazaa on a daily basis - are you going to sue all them as well??  You are ruining these children's lives by robbing them of their life savings - how on earth do you sleep at night?

This is a matter of personal freedom to enjoy oneself.  The music is a priceless art-form, and it is a form of human expression.  How can a price-tag be put on it?  People should have the freedom to listen, to share, to dance and sing and be happy!!  The world should not be run for the benefit and greed of multi-national corporations, it should be about human dignity !!

I look forward to your comments.

Feel free to copy and paste this letter, edit it if you wish and send it to [email protected]

L0rD_S0tH
09-11-2003, 10:11 PM
isn't [email protected] just the guy who designed the web? :huh:

I doubt he has anything to do with RIAA policy.

Surely there is a more direct email somewhere, like to the president or ceo or something to send this stuff too? :blink:

cosmic doobie
09-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Try [email protected]
that should do the trick ;)

L0rD_S0tH
09-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by cosmic doobie@11 September 2003 - 22:16
Try [email protected]
that should do the trick ;)
ROLF! :lol:

No doubt...

Monkeee
09-12-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@11 September 2003 - 20:13

I cannot be silent any more. I am absolutely disgusted at the way you sued the 12 year old girl, Brianna LaHara. If this is how you treat your customers, potential customers and even young children, then you totally deserve all your "problems".

Many filesharers have said they will boycott your products out of solidarity with this girl, and all the other people who you are persecuting. We the consumers put you where you are now RIAA, and we can bring you back down too. The amount of money you may gain by prosecuting people will be cancelled out many times by what you will lose from boycotts. After all, who wants to support financially an organisation like yours which persecutes young children?

The amount of people participating in filesharing is still increasing every week. (2.6 million people downloaded Kazaa last week, according to the official website). Every time you complain about it, you only make people even more determined to share. By attacking the filesharing community, you are only bringing it closer together, and you are alienating your customers.

The Sharman Networks did give you many opportunities to enter into a deal with them, but you always refuse. So how can you now complain you are losing out RIAA?

The entertainment industry can live on without you RIAA! You disgust me, and millions of others around the world. It makes me feel sick that you gloat about the possibility of you suing young children. You've just done it to a 12 year old, and how young are you prepared to go? I am aware of 4 year olds who use Kazaa on a daily basis - are you going to sue all them as well?? You are ruining these children's lives by robbing them of their life savings - how on earth do you sleep at night?

This is a matter of personal freedom to enjoy oneself. The music is a priceless art-form, and it is a form of human expression. How can a price-tag be put on it? People should have the freedom to listen, to share, to dance and sing and be happy!! The world should not be run for the benefit and greed of multi-national corporations, it should be about human dignity !!

I look forward to your comments.

Feel free to copy and paste this letter, edit it if you wish and send it to [email protected]
right on i support you on this! B) :)

Mr. Sherman
09-12-2003, 06:45 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sincerely,

Mr. Sherman

angel_of_death57
09-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Sherman@12 September 2003 - 07:45
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sincerely,

Mr. Sherman
You laugh now but boycotting will get you and maybe i dont like Americans much i am form the UK but i will support them in this. Its a full on war and fileshares no matter who they are or where they are from i will support anyhting to stop the banning of P2P. Fuck the RIAA

Sparkle1984
09-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Try [email protected]
that should do the trick 

LOL Nice one!!! :D :D Everyone on here makes me laugh so much, that's why I love this forum !!!

You laugh now but boycotting will get you and maybe i dont like Americans much i am form the UK but i will support them in this. Its a full on war and fileshares no matter who they are or where they are from i will support anyhting to stop the banning of P2P. Fuck the RIAA

Well said!! Mr Sherman won't be laughing for long!!

Just look at what he said recently: "We expect to hear, 'Hey, it wasn't me, it was my kid.' If they prefer the lawsuit amended to name the kid, we'll do that."

This idiot brags about suing children, and it's one of the most shameful things I've ever heard

Let's make the RIAA's Sales Figures curve scream !!! :D :D