PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep your car registration?

tesco
01-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Just wondering where you guys keep your car registrations...

I have always kept mine inside my van.
My dad on the other hand keeps his in his wallet and refuses to leave it in his van, also saying I'm stupid for leaving mine in the van.

He says what if it gets stolen?
Well imo what can they do with the registration? The car is still in my name what does a piece of paper mean? :huh:

If I leave it in the van then if I ever get pulled over I always know where it is.
Also if someone else wants to drive my car they will have it with them...

apextwin146
01-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Keep a xerox in the Van and the original in the house .. Thats wat i do

Skweeky
01-04-2009, 06:31 PM
I keep mine in the house in a box with the rest of my papers.

tesco
01-04-2009, 06:48 PM
In canadia you have to have it with you when driving incase you get pulled over (they want to see it).

Not sure if you can show them a photocopy.:unsure:

Snee
01-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Used to keep mine in the glove compartment, if I remember correctly.

enoughfakefiles
01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Keep mine on the back and front of my car.

Something Else
01-04-2009, 07:59 PM
:lol:

:drummer:

sheriff 01
01-04-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't even have a registration for my vehicle, do you need to have one?:whistling

wespog
01-04-2009, 08:27 PM
In canadia you have to have it with you when driving incase you get pulled over (they want to see it).

In Ontario you can have a photocopy. Copy the front and back. It must also be signed in pen (not a photocopy of the signature). I believe you also need to have a photocopy of the sticker.

I do not keep the original in the car.

Mr. Mulder
01-04-2009, 08:48 PM
i stole my car but luckily there was a registration already in the glove box so its kewl.

JPaul
01-04-2009, 08:53 PM
i stole my car but luckily there was a registration already in the glove box so its kewl.

Some people are so stupid, they make it easy for thieves like you.

tesco
01-04-2009, 08:55 PM

In Ontario you can have a photocopy. Copy the front and back. It must also be signed in pen (not a photocopy of the signature). I believe you also need to have a photocopy of the sticker.

I do not keep the original in the car.A photocopy of which sticker?

JPaul
01-04-2009, 08:58 PM
http://www.gluewithuhu.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/000_0097.jpg

Snee
01-04-2009, 09:12 PM

It's a sky-blue vw passat, isn't it :dry:

kallieb
01-07-2009, 12:12 AM
In my handbag (hoity accent inserted). If I need to produce my registration chances are i'm having to pull out some other stuff too -- like driver's license, money to bribe the ticketing officer, things such as that - you know.. :)

iEATlilKIDS
01-10-2009, 07:21 PM
ye i lag it around with me a reall chore , i once even were in the habit of taking out the radio thingy but now its just to much hustle.

Cabalo
01-10-2009, 07:33 PM
yeah, i keep it in my car, "hidden" under the driver's seat,in a compartment i found there underneath it.
here if cops pull you over you have to show them all the documents. some mates of mine carry a photocopy too, but they get an instant 30€ ticket for not having the original documents with them, and have 24 hours to go to a police station show them, otherwise the ticket becomes 150€. they say it's worth the risk.

Hairbautt
01-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Just wondering where you guys keep your car registrations...

I have always kept mine inside my van.
I'll stop there.

Skiz
01-10-2009, 07:58 PM
http://skipreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/free_candy.jpg

pentomato
01-10-2009, 08:29 PM
You stole your own car? :01:

pentomato
01-10-2009, 08:31 PM
If you keep it in your car and your car is stolen, do you remember all the information when the cops come?

peat moss
01-11-2009, 03:52 AM
I'v always been told to keep the reggy separate but hey , I pay insurance .... go ahead steal my fucking car , break in to my house ( Because silly me left my address on the reg papers ) , come back and do it again in two weeks pleasssssse cause I 'm waiting .:)

kaiser
01-12-2009, 08:29 PM
I keep my registration papers in my wallet. I don't want it to be too easy for the thieves. They already stole a stereo from my previous car. The checked the glove box too. I bet they would have stolen the registration if it was there because they stole my cd-rs with music ;)

Detale
01-14-2009, 06:41 AM
yeah, i keep it in my car, "hidden" under the driver's seat,in a compartment i found there underneath it.
here if cops pull you over you have to show them all the documents. some mates of mine carry a photocopy too, but they get an instant 30€ ticket for not having the original documents with them, and have 24 hours to go to a police station show them, otherwise the ticket becomes 150€. they say it's worth the risk.

Not the best of ideas, if the cops pull you over and they see you reaching under your seat you may well get shot:unsure:

That shit stays in the car. If they steal the car I'll be too pissed to care that they have my reggie as well.

Barbarossa
01-14-2009, 09:54 AM

Not the best of ideas, if the cops pull you over and they see you reaching under your seat you may well get shot:unsure:

LOL! Only in America :whistling

Cabalo
01-14-2009, 03:12 PM

That shit stays in the car. If they steal the car I'll be too pissed to care that they have my reggie as well.
shit... this isn't south central L.A.
no shooting cops around here.:unsure:

pentomato
01-17-2009, 01:58 AM
Well guys only in America, but in America we have the right to take the cops to court, in Europe a cop beats the crap out of you for not reason, guess what? there is nothing you can do about it.

brotherdoobie
01-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Oh, ffs. Do you just make this stuff up, lad?

-bd :ermm:

callum
01-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Well guys only in America, but in America we have the right to take the cops to court, in Europe a cop beats the crap out of you for not reason, guess what? there is nothing you can do about it.

You are quite right, it's amazing the amount of times I've been beaten by a British poiliceman and wished he'd just put a bullet in me.

Barbarossa
01-17-2009, 11:17 PM

I'm quoting this, because it's the funniest post I've read for a long time :lol: