PDA

View Full Version : So, How About Some Instructions...

mjfmn
09-11-2003, 10:05 PM
I was a Kazaa regular user for years, switched to Klite to save spyware issues. Over the past few years I downloaded a nice collection of the top 100 pop/rock songs of each year since 1955, I'm very proud of it. After I got back on hi-speed connection a couple months ago, I felt I owed it to leave my pc on and share the collection with the world. Well, the RIAA popup warning message came while I was at work, my wife saw it and freaked. I decided not to share, at least not at that time. But I'm feelin' pretty guilty here - receiving without giving, know what I mean?

I've read countless posts here about blocking IP's, etc. - can someone please tell me exactly what I need to do to open up my pc with Klite that will keep me safe from persecution, or at least as safe as I can be? I'm using K++ edition 2.0.3

Thank you very much!

Mike

Sparkle1984
09-11-2003, 10:13 PM
I was a Kazaa regular user for years, switched to Klite to save spyware issues. Over the past few years I downloaded a nice collection of the top 100 pop/rock songs of each year since 1955, I'm very proud of it. After I got back on hi-speed connection a couple months ago, I felt I owed it to leave my pc on and share the collection with the world. Well, the RIAA popup warning message came while I was at work, my wife saw it and freaked. I decided not to share, at least not at that time. But I'm feelin' pretty guilty here - receiving without giving, know what I mean?

I've read countless posts here about blocking IP's, etc. - can someone please tell me exactly what I need to do to open up my pc with Klite that will keep me safe from persecution, or at least as safe as I can be? I'm using K++ edition 2.0.3

Thank you very much!

Mike

I would suggest you to upgrade to the new K++ version 2.4.2, available from the K Lite Website (http://www.k-lite.tk)
It has a built in updatable Bad IP Blocker, as well as better privacy, as it blocks users from getting a full list of all your shared files. It also blocks the default port 1214, which RIAA uses for its port scanning.

Then Share Alive !!! :D :D

cosmic doobie
09-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Also turn off messaging to ignore the goons at the RIAA :P

hcp
09-11-2003, 11:14 PM
thanks for the tips guys

Mr. Blunt
09-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by mjfmn@11 September 2003 - 15:05
I was a Kazaa regular user for years, switched to Klite to save spyware issues.
It took you years to finally switch to Kazaa Lite? ;)

Like Sparkle1984 suggested, just upgrade to the latest version of K-Lite. It has some privacy features to protect you (not fully!) from the RIAA.